Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Ecu Tuning: Crossfire Ecu Tune! Ny/ct/pa/nj

Old 01-15-2007, 03:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ecu Tuning: Crossfire Ecu Tune! Ny/ct/pa/nj

HDDP although you are the moderator on this forum we don't appreciate the negativity that you bring to this thread. I am sure the engineer that "supposedly" tuned your software is the best that you could get a hold of/friend. By the way you speak you have very little knowledge of software tuning and our capabilities with Mercedes.

Do you know what a "DAMOS" file is or what it does? Do you understand the capabilities of a DME? Why would you use an FMU when all fuel maps are fully adjustable and can be modified to correct afr at any point in the rev range of the engine. Do you understand how to tune a mercedes?

You're so quick to name ebay as a source of files for the companies such as Powerchip, Superchips, SpeedInnovation, etc.
Why, did you yourself try to become an ebay tuner/ crossfire tuner?

HDDP, first and foremost your so called "Bosch engineer" that tuned your car... is he willing to be named or show up for a shoot out. I believe he wont (which questions if your car is even tuned) maybe it came from fleabay. You don't even have a dyno for your car to show your engine tuning.

So, you see negativity can go both ways as well and honestly we will provide a free custom tune as long as the vehicle we tune will compete with your dyno results. So basically, your car will be untouched and a forum member here will receive a free tune.

Secondly, What's your mod list so we can find a member here that is as close to modified as yours (therefore, it can be fair). Or do you want us to provide a crossfire with SpeedInnovation modifications.

Do you want to do "power testing" only or you want to take it the track as well? We also have access to a fully prepped crossfire that will be shipped to us for tuning. HINT: Its making a lot of power (without tuning), right now its very lean and had a lot of engine work... lets say its built to rev...

Btw, those 'brabus' wheels on that crossfire race car is a good way to add a lot of weight. Real brabus monoblock 6 two piece wheels are bricks.

Edit: Wait... 192 WHP w/ 'tuning right? https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...05&postcount=6
You know a 3.2L Mercedes Motor with just K&Ns can put 190 WHP?

Last edited by JP@SI; 01-15-2007 at 03:55 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:58 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JP@SI
HDDP although you are the moderator on this forum we don't appreciate the negativity that you bring to this thread. I am sure the engineer that "supposedly" tuned your software is the best that you could get a hold of/friend. By the way you speak you have very little knowledge of software tuning and our capabilities with Mercedes.

Do you know what a "DAMOS" file is or what it does? Do you understand the capabilities of a DME? Why would you use an FMU when all fuel maps are fully adjustable and can be modified to correct afr at any point in the rev range of the engine. Do you understand how to tune a mercedes?

You're so quick to name ebay as a source of files for the companies such as Powerchip, Superchips, SpeedInnovation, etc.
Why, did you yourself try to become an ebay tuner/ crossfire tuner?

HDDP, first and foremost your so called "Bosch engineer" that tuned your car... is he willing to be named or show up for a shoot out. I believe he wont (which questions if your car is even tuned) maybe it came from fleabay. You don't even have a dyno for your car to show your engine tuning.

So, you see negativity can go both ways as well and honestly we will provide a free custom tune as long as the vehicle we tune will compete with your dyno results. So basically, your car will be untouched and a forum member here will receive a free tune.

Secondly, What's your mod list so we can find a member here that is as close to modified as yours (therefore, it can be fair). Or do you want us to provide a crossfire with SpeedInnovation modifications.

Do you want to do "power testing" only or you want to take it the track as well? We also have access to a fully prepped crossfire that will be shipped to us for tuning. HINT: Its making a lot of power (without tuning), right now its very lean and had a lot of engine work... lets say its built to rev...

Btw, those 'brabus' wheels on that crossfire race car is a good way to add a lot of weight. Real brabus monoblock 6 two piece wheels are bricks.

Edit: Wait... 192 WHP w/ 'tuning right? https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...05&postcount=6
You know a 3.2L Mercedes Motor with just K&Ns can put 190 WHP?
You're wasting our time buddy... either put-up, or as they say... I'm only 20 minutes from your place and have already made arrangements to take Wednesday off work... So, what would you like to do ?

PS: you're the second person that thought my $250 ACE wheels were $1,300 Brabus wheels... What's up with that ?

Last edited by HDDP; 01-15-2007 at 04:02 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:18 AM

I will put up but not on your terms. Let me see I pay for your dynos and have to custom tune at our cost and take the day away from the shop which could cost me thousands. Have to do it on wednesday since you already made arrangements for yourself and force me to reschedule a $24,000 dollar job.

HDDP sounds like a squirrel trying to get a free nut. If your so certain and know it all how about this...

If SpeedInnovation makes more power on your " Race Car " you pay the custom tuning charges as well as the dyno charges. However if your confident that your tuner is the best and will beat us hands down then we will pay for all cost and we will remove ourselves from this forum and not waste everyone's time on here.

P.S. Actually I knew they were fake which makes them even heavier than the real thing. See the rear lip was the give off real brabus wheels don't run the offset required to have a "big rear lip". But I bet you knew that already or was it the cost of $1,750 per wheel that scared you away from buying the real thing . Our shop has many wheels that are "real" if you are interested we also carry a full line of BBS Magnesium as well as Dymag carbon wheels for race vehicles dymag wheels are 19 lbs with a magnesium center you could shave about 100 pounds on rotational weight but I hate to inform you they will set you back about 12 grandish sorry can't give them to you for free.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

Last edited by JP@SI; 01-15-2007 at 04:30 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:22 AM

I will put up but not on your terms. Let me see I pay for your dynos and have to custom tune at our cost and take the day away from the shop which could cost me thousands. Have to do it on wednesday since you already made arrangements for yourself and force me to reschedule a $24,000 dollar job.

HDDP sounds like a squirrel trying to get a free nut. If your so certain and know it all how about this...

If SpeedInnovation makes more power on your " Race Car " you pay the custom tuning charges as well as the dyno charges. However if your confident that your tuner is the best and will beat us hands down then we will pay for all cost and we will remove ourselves from this forum and not waste everyone's time on here.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.
So you're saying that you do not want to prove the validity of your tuning software and you are only willing to have me pay so you can TEST it on my car ?
I think you should run away fast... You've just shot yourself in the foot...

Old 01-15-2007, 04:34 AM

There shouldn't be any worry about your tuning its the best right if all goes well for you then we will pay for everything.

Sounds like your confidence went away or are you not willing to put your money where your mouth is.

What makes you the holy grail of crossfire?

Tell us what makes your word so special you don't even have a dyno sheet for your race car. Every guy that owns a race car has dyno sheet...looks like you keep yappin when you should be stepping up to the plate.

FYI an ASK intake and ecu are the only engine mods your vehicle currently has or is there more you have added which makes you in dire need of a custom tune.

Last edited by JP@SI; 01-15-2007 at 04:49 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:57 AM

i'm going to bed this is a joke, no response looks like the moddy here is full of it.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:05 AM

There shouldn't be any worry about your tuning its the best right if all goes well for you then we will pay for everything.

Sounds like your confidence went away or are you not willing to put your money where your mouth is.

What makes you the holy grail of crossfire?

Tell us what makes your word so special you don't even have a dyno sheet for your race car. Every guy that owns a race car has dyno sheet...looks like you keep yappin when you should be stepping up to the plate.

FYI an ASK intake and ecu are the only engine mods your vehicle currently has or is there more you have added which makes you in dire need of a custom tune.
You're spending way too much time on this... My offer still stands... prove your software by running a prelim dyno on my car... Then install your software and run a secondary dyno... Then we can get all this pissing match behind us and you can have something to back-up your claims... Simple...

I'm not paying for something I don't need... I'm doing this for the other forum members who have questions, and you are saying that you have the answers... Please prove it...

I don't care if it's some other crossfire member... Just prove it...

Old 01-15-2007, 05:09 AM

Well who's coming in this week for a pre dyno and after dyno. The only thing we require is a crossfire stock or modified HDDP I will think about your vehicle but to properly do your vehicle we would have to go to stock then compare your existing software. Then speedinnovation software or vise versa. We will let you know later today what we have decided but for now we need a crossfire so who's in.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:16 AM

Well who's coming in this week for a pre dyno and after dyno. The only thing we require is a crossfire stock or modified HDDP I will think about your vehicle but to properly do your vehicle we would have to go to stock then compare your existing software. Then speedinnovation software or vise versa. We will let you know later today what we have decided but for now we need a crossfire so who's in.
That's a very smart way to get out of this without alot of egg on your face... You know darn well mine is not going back to stock for your experiment... I'll make some calls and try to get a stock Crossfire to your place this week... What's the address of your shop ?

Old 01-15-2007, 05:26 AM

LOL you think that i would sabotage the dyno results we don't have time to play games. How else would you compare stock vs "Bosch Tuner" vs SpeedInnovation.

You have any stock dyno graphs we can go by. The other reason we cant just compare the last two is no one in this forum is using your magical tuning.

for example we flew to maryland to tune a porsche race car previously tuned by giac not only did we make 7 hp and 11 ft lbs more but when compare to stock the gains were massive. Same thing with your car since you don't have any dynos of before and after you are going on seat of the pants feel which cant prove any gains where's your graph to prove 190.

Last edited by JP@SI; 01-15-2007 at 05:37 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:33 AM

LOL you think that i would sabotage the dyno results we don't have time to play games. How else would you compare stock vs "Bosch Tuner" vs SpeedInnovation.

You have any stock dyno graphs we can go by. The other reason we cant just compare the last two is no one in this forum is using your magical tuning
Who said anything about sabotage ?... You are completely correct, you need a stock Crossfire to do your experiments... My car would not give you a good baseline...

So what's the address of your shop ? I might just swing by since I have wednesday off work now...

Old 01-15-2007, 05:56 AM

1402 pacific coast highway
hermosa beach, ca 90254

Old 01-15-2007, 11:29 AM

HDDP, if your willing to do your forum members a favor, you should bring (someone also) with a stock crossfire, and see the gains on the stock.

If wondering who GIAC is, its one of the best tuners on the east coast.

Btw, ACE wheels, you might have well gone with the $300ish dollar iforge wheels. Just my 2 cents. Im' running on real amg shoes, double spoke 209, cost about $460 each, I think they are "heavy" but not as heavy. How much do your ace wheels weight (just wondering).

I can't wait to see the results on your dyno. I wonder how much gain you can have.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm going to bed this is a joke, no response looks like the moddy here is full of it.
Yes, I believe the Mod is full of ****. I wouldn't worry about him there are plenty of local members here that are always looking for a real tuning shop.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:07 PM

what time is the dyno run on wednesday, I know alot of people would like to check the place out.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'll roll with hddp if you want a baseline crossfire, i'm bonefied stock.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Forum Regular

finally ... now we are getting somewhere ... if this goes well, i'll be adding myself to the east coast list being put together.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by intenseblu
finally ... now we are getting somewhere ... if this goes well, i'll be adding myself to the east coast list being put together.
yes same here.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:10 PM

just pm me hddp when you get a meeting set up and i can take off from work at any time. i work in sherman oaks so i'm not too far from you.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:16 PM

thanks for checking up on the thread again guys. i'm hoping to gather as many as i can, so MY cost of ECU upgrade is cheaper!

i'm pretty sure jose and HDDP, and your other SOCAL members have worked something about wednesday!

i'll be holding my breath!

Quick Reply: Ecu Tuning: Crossfire Ecu Tune! Ny/ct/pa/nj