Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Ecu Tuning: Crossfire Ecu Tune! Ny/ct/pa/nj

Old 01-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecu Tuning: Crossfire Ecu Tune! Ny/ct/pa/nj

hey guys,

anyone interested in a ECU tune? in the NY/NJ/PA/CT area. below is a link that one of my boys "jose" from speedinnovation, in cali. did to a C32 amg.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=177303

We need to pull about 25 heads, here on crossfireforum, mbworld/mbklasse, bimmerworld, e46fanatics, audizine.

again, the more heads, the less the cost!

if we can pull over 25 heads, jose will fly right in to NYC as a meeting spot, and all the crossfires, mbs, bmws, audis can have their ECU tuned. definite gain!

please email jose at

jose@speedinnovation.com and refer to advanz NYC ECU tune. he'll let u know the rest!

remember. crossfire/srt-6 welcome. this is one of the only "domestic" cars they can tune.

enjoy,

advanz

Old 01-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Ecu Tuning: Crossfire Ecu Tune! Ny/ct/pa/nj

Sounds very interesting I am in the New Jersey area...walking distance from NYC... If you do not mind please post the predicted cost and the increase in performance solely by the ecu (if possible)...

Thanks in advance.
-Sidez

Old 01-12-2007, 12:45 AM

here are the numbers as requested.

STOCK 215 hp
tuned at 91 232 hp
tuned at 93 236 hp

STOCK 229 tq
tuned at 91 247 tq
tuned at 93 251 tq

worst case scenario for SRT-6 (ie. no pulleys, stock filters)

STOCK 349 hp
tuned at 91 359 hp
tuned at 93 366 hp

STOCK 332 tq
tuned at 91 341 tq
tuned at 93 348 tq

cost for the 3.2 is $450 if there is 25 heads.
cost for the SRT-6 (which is similar to the C32 amg) $750, retails at $,1000. (not sure how many people, but if there's 25 heads including you its $750, 25 heads meaning, any 3.2/srt-6 here, or any C class W203, any E46 non M3, any audi 1.8t or 3.2).

they also offer pulleys for the SRT-6, if you buy pulleys from them, i'm pretty sure jose can give you a discount on the ecu tuning! with pulleys, SRT-6 would be off the hook!!!

spread the word, spread the numbers.

this is also posted on mbworld, mbklasse, benzworld, audizine, bimmerforums, e46fanatics, etc.

this is no joke. the link on the first post, is a C32 amg tuned with pulley, sl55 splitter. please email jose@speedinnovation.com for any further info. just state that you are from crossfireforums, and year, + model you have. (also state any performance mods that you have done).

again, those #s above are WORST CASE SCENARIO, meaning BONE STOCK CAR.

enjoy advans.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:09 AM

alright another question if you do not mind... and yea i am going to bring up renntech heh... Renntech claims a 25 FWHP and some consider their tuning to be rather conservative... why only a 17 horse power gain stated for our engine? Are you understating or are they overstating the performance? and lastly if the performance offered is actually different then why? all the ecu remap can be is a change of stock parameters...?

other than that I am perfectly happy with the price and will willingly make the purchase if i feel assured that this product is not worse then the renntech remap.

thanks and I apologize for being a picky customer.
-Sidez

Old 01-12-2007, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by advanz
hey guys,

anyone interested in a ECU tune? in the NY/NJ/PA/CT area. below is a link that one of my boys "jose" from speedinnovation, in cali. did to a C32 amg.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=177303

We need to pull about 25 heads, here on crossfireforum, mbworld/mbklasse, bimmerworld, e46fanatics, audizine.

again, the more heads, the less the cost!

if we can pull over 25 heads, jose will fly right in to NYC as a meeting spot, and all the crossfires, mbs, bmws, audis can have their ECU tuned. definite gain!

please email jose at

jose@speedinnovation.com and refer to advanz NYC ECU tune. he'll let you know the rest!

remember. crossfire/srt-6 welcome. this is one of the only "domestic" cars they can tune.

enjoy,

advanz
you guys have the software to modify the Motec 2.0 ecu from bostch? what parts of the ecu are you modifying? please be specific...

Old 01-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by advanz
here are the numbers as requested.

STOCK 215 hp
tuned at 91 232 hp
tuned at 93 236 hp

STOCK 229 tq
tuned at 91 247 tq
tuned at 93 251 tq

worst case scenario for SRT-6 (ie. no pulleys, stock filters)

STOCK 349 hp
tuned at 91 359 hp
tuned at 93 366 hp

STOCK 332 tq
tuned at 91 341 tq
tuned at 93 348 tq

cost for the 3.2 is $450 if there is 25 heads.
cost for the SRT-6 (which is similar to the C32 amg) $750, retails at $,1000. (not sure how many people, but if there's 25 heads including you its $750, 25 heads meaning, any 3.2/srt-6 here, or any C class W203, any E46 non M3, any audi 1.8t or 3.2)

they also offer pulleys for the SRT-6, if you buy pulleys from them, i'm pretty sure jose can give you a discount on the ecu tuning! with pulleys, SRT-6 would be off the hook!!!

spread the word, spread the numbers.

this is also posted on mbworld, mbklasse, benzworld, audizine, bimmerforums, e46fanatics, etc.

this is no joke. the link on the first post, is a C32 amg tuned with pulley, sl55 splitter. please email jose@speedinnovation.com for any further info. just state that you are from crossfireforums, and year, + model you have. (also state any performance mods that you have done).

again, those #s above are WORST CASE SCENARIO, meaning BONE STOCK CAR.

enjoy advans.
Great... Those numbers are way off... post a dyno with AF ratio and TQ... looks like you guys bought the standard reflash off the internet for $35...

BUYER BEWARE !!!

Last edited by HDDP; 01-12-2007 at 02:47 AM.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:50 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dear God, not this again! Advanz, please search this forum and you will find posts made by the last fly-by-night "tuner" that tried hawking his wares here.

Bottom line: Post before & after dyno runs from a Crossfire. If you can't provide those then just go away quietly and save us all a lot of trouble.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Default A SpeedInnovation Introduction

First of all, I am conscientious about general forum rules so I won't say "much more" unless the community wants to know more about specific things (like a few questions above).

'Advanz' is not associated in anyway with SpeedInnovation (SI) - he is merely trying to organize an event mainly with MBs and BMWs local to his area to take advantage of our ECU tuning. In short, we develop our own in-house software, nothing distributed, nothing copied, strictly our OWN tuning. This is an awareness thread to keep the public informed that there are REAL tuners out there ready, willing, and capable of tuning this vehicle correctly.

The link above points to an MBWorld post about a C32 we finished tuning recently (our introductory tune of many). On our contracted Dynapack dyno the car makes ~350 WHP/350 TQ. Keep in mind that this car is mildly modified (just OD pulleys, SL55 splitter, filters and fine tuning) and generates as much power as a C32 Renntech StageII+ vehicle (seen http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=177077). That last C32 came within 10 WHP of the Renntech vehicle, with a smoother A:F ratio and on the dyno shows even further room to tune the top end. And for what? $13,000 less in upgrades.

I'm not here to prove to you that we're better, or more efficient, than Renntech (who knows, every car is different) - but every tune is a custom tune and the figures above are all worst case scenario (understated you could say) and are numbers from a C32 database as our full database of makes and models are undergoing constant update. An advantage for this community is that the Crossfire3.2/SRT-6 is literally one of the few "domestics" we can tune since DMEs between DaimlerChrysler share such similar characteristics.

If there are any representatives in SoCal who have seen our tuning work or would like to see our tuning work, please contact us. Keep in mind that we even tune exotics, from Aston Martin to Maserati and that local dealerships even warranty our ECU tuning software (as upgrades to a showroom vehicle).

Let me know if there are any further questions - this post was strictly informative, but I'll answer what I literally can (without venturing into proprietary information).

Regards,
JP@SpeedInnovation
http://www.speedinnovation.com

Last edited by JP@SI; 01-12-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by HDDP
Great... Those numbers are way off... post a dyno with AF ratio and TQ... looks like you guys bought the standard reflash off the internet for $35...

BUYER BEWARE !!!
Most of those ebay chips trick the IAT sensor using a fixed resistor to advance timing to a certain degree, therefore "generating" power by fuel enrichment proportional to the GUESSED advance in timing that resistor pulls. The colder your IAT "sees", the higher the advance, the possibility of more fuel, etc. But the bigger the guess, the higher the advance, this could literally bother your knock sensor, and if bothered too much and the knock sensor fails? Say goodbye to your motor. For what? 3-5 HP?

That's one way to go.

Last edited by JP@SI; 01-12-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
you guys have the software to modify the Motec 2.0 ecu from bostch? what parts of the ecu are you modifying? please be specific...
And the $100,000's of dollars of hardware capital to invest in tuning these units for years now. Alas, this is potentially one of those "sensitive" questions.

Last edited by JP@SI; 01-12-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:13 PM

I'm sorry sir, but these numbers you are advertising are total BS...

STOCK 215 hp
tuned at 91 232 hp
tuned at 93 236 hp

STOCK 229 tq
tuned at 91 247 tq
tuned at 93 251 tq

Old 01-12-2007, 01:22 PM

STOCK 215 hp
tuned at 91 232 hp
tuned at 93 236 hp

STOCK 229 tq
tuned at 91 247 tq
tuned at 93 251 tq
So there isn't a Crossfire 3.2L (non FI)?

SPECIFICATIONS
MODEL: Chrysler Crossfire Roadster
ENGINE: 3.2-liter V6
HORSEPOWER/TORQUE: 215 hp @ 5,700 rpm/229 lb.-ft. @ 3,000 rpm

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...03/147426.html

Let me double-check that those numbers are correct as far as gains - that was advans posting (I'm under the assumption that you're saying we can't chip a C320, basically).

Last edited by JP@SI; 01-12-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:27 PM

STOCK 215 hp
tuned at 91 232 hp
tuned at 93 236 hp

STOCK 229 tq
tuned at 91 247 tq
tuned at 93 251 tq
I just noticed that you're quite local (enough). Want to come in for a consult? You can be in and out in about an hour and a half (sans installation/reinstall of your DME) - just let me know.

Last edited by JP@SI; 01-12-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by JP@SI
So there isn't a Crossfire 3.2L (non FI)?

SPECIFICATIONS
MODEL: Chrysler Crossfire Roadster
ENGINE: 3.2-liter V6
HORSEPOWER/TORQUE: 215 hp @ 5,700 rpm/229 lb.-ft. @ 3,000 rpm

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...03/147426.html

Let me double-check that those numbers are correct as far as gains - that was advans posting (I'm under the assumption that you're saying we can't chip a C320, basically).
No, you are correct with the base OEM numbers... but obviously you have never dyno'd a Crossfire, nor have you tuned one... It looks as though you are speculating... The naturally aspirated Crossfire only puts 170 -180 hp to the wheel... with TQ in the range of 200 - 220... Depending on the car...

So if you are advertising the aforementioned numbers, you are basing them on a hypothetical and ZERO actual information...

Don't come onto this forum and say you can add "X" amount of HP with your chip tuning until you have the data to back it up...

Old 01-12-2007, 01:41 PM

No, you are correct with the base OEM numbers... but obviously you have never dyno'd a Crossfire, nor have you tuned one... It looks as though you are speculating... The naturally aspirated Crossfire only puts 170 -180 hp to the wheel... with TQ in the range of 200 - 220... Depending on the car...

So if you are advertising the aforementioned numbers, you are basing them on a hypothetical and ZERO actual information...

Don't come onto this forum and say you can add "X" amount of HP with your chip tuning until you have the data to back it up...
Would you like for us to dyno YOUR crossfire?

Old 01-12-2007, 01:53 PM

Would you like for us to dyno YOUR crossfire?
My Crossfire would not make a good baseline for you since it is highly modified and fully race prepped with a custom ECU...

Perhaps you should make that offer to another forum member who has a stock vehicle and then reprogram the ECU and dyno it again... There are a few guys on this forum who are in LA.

I'm sure you know about the dyno issues with the manual transmission ?

Old 01-12-2007, 02:30 PM

I'd like to give you guys the benefit of the doubt, currently my car is at the dealership having warrantee work done. I look forward to seeing response from other local members as to your abilities to dyno tune our cars.

What are your rates? And what changes are you making towards the mapping? Have you experimented with offsetting the fuel injector timing?

I would also be interested in seeing if you guys can get the throttle lag out of the pedal response, and since you have the ability to get inside the brain maybe you can modify this for us.

Thank you.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:08 PM

My Crossfire would not make a good baseline for you since it is highly modified and fully race prepped with a custom ECU...

Perhaps you should make that offer to another forum member who has a stock vehicle and then reprogram the ECU and dyno it again... There are a few guys on this forum who are in LA.

I'm sure you know about the dyno issues with the manual transmission ?
I'm actually looking through our database to find a few of our local Crossfire customers - hopefully they're still around. I'll respond back when I can.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:12 PM

I'm actually looking through our database to find a few of our local Crossfire customers - hopefully they're still around. I'll respond back when I can.
Your local Crossfire customers ? I doubt it...

SO since you have a database of the Crossfires your have tuned, what's your workflow on dynoing a 6 spd...

Last edited by HDDP; 01-12-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:26 PM

Your local Crossfire customers ? I doubt it...
As I suspected, our software has been across these forums before:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...hlight=eurorev

In fact, use the Search function for "Eurorev" - one of the partners listed on our website:

http://www.speedinnovation.com/ - the banner on the right.

Alternatively, please search for "Dan Root" or "babeviper" - just TWO of our LOCAL customers. Actually, you've been on those threads before as well - and yes, Jesse and I are both here.

Quick Reply: Ecu Tuning: Crossfire Ecu Tune! Ny/ct/pa/nj