CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/)
-   -   SRT6 Engine Transplant (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/18674-srt6-engine-transplant.html)

Z28toXFire 12-13-2007 02:48 PM

Re: SRT6 Engine Transplant

I dont know soo much about Kit, or the movie that is coming out but anyone can have one of those KR cars and the 725 HP version is called the Super Snake and is available for any customer who has a GT500. they are not smogged vehicles, i dont know about how many they are officially going to produce but i am personally the one of the west coast distributors for all things Shelby. From Mustangs to Cobras to Daytona Coupes.

http://www.shelbydistributionusa.com/dealers

Justin

HDDP 12-13-2007 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Z28toXFire
I dont know soo much about Kit, or the movie that is coming out but anyone can have one of those KR cars and the 725 HP version is called the Super Snake and is available for any customer who has a GT500. they are not smogged vehicles, i dont know about how many they are officially going to produce but i am personally the one of the west coast distributors for all things Shelby. From Mustangs to Cobras to Daytona Coupes.

http://www.shelbydistributionusa.com/dealers

Justin

Yes, I know thay are available for purchase from Shelby... Isn't the price somewhere in the $125,000 range ? If you are in the LA area in the next week, please feel free to visit me on the set... You'll get a kick out of the variations of the car we are using in the movie... My direct e-mail is derek@hollywooddigitalimaging.com

HDDP 12-13-2007 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry this thread has temporarily gone off track, but this is for MMZ-TIMELORD... Jody, sometimes I can pull of some funny stuff and this was in tribute to you and your #69 Crossfire... I had the props guys place your number on the Super 7 we are using in the movie...

dontxme 12-13-2007 09:52 PM

anyone notice the double wing in the back, looks very ricer, however this is a sweet ride

04Fire 12-14-2007 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by HDDP
If you are in the LA area in the next week, please feel free to visit me on the set... You'll get a kick out of the variations of the car we are using in the movie... My direct e-mail is derek@hollywooddigitalimaging.com

That would just be too cool! If only I was 3,000 miles closer I'd take you up on that... as I plan on minoring in Film. I'll PM you too.

andrew 12-14-2007 07:26 AM

Well at least I can post the photos of KITT now that NBC had a press conference this morning...

here is another article...

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto...ccd=cn20071214

XFiringInNC 12-14-2007 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
Hood pins are too tight that's what is warping the hood (my opinion).

Sucky parts... the wheels morph too?... the stripes disappear? The extra wing comes out of thin air? WTF? Do they really believe that the audience now days is that stupid?

Well, I wanted to just reply 'yes.', but it says my message is too short. SOooooo: Yes. lol

HDDP 12-27-2007 01:47 PM

7 Attachment(s)
OK, back to the important stuff... Here's the new wiring harness' I built for the SRT6 engine that will be connected to the MOTEC M600... It is WAY overboard, but will look terrific with the HIGHLY polished engine... If nothing else, this will be a BEAUTY QUEEN under the hood...

HDDP 12-27-2007 01:53 PM

8 Attachment(s)
more detailed photos

HDDP 12-27-2007 01:56 PM

8 Attachment(s)
And Yet More....

MMZ_TimeLord 12-27-2007 02:47 PM

I see you have them labeled... good man. :D

Looks like excellent cabling work. It will look great when it's all bundled and hugging your "purdy"* engine.

* - "purdy" is a manly way of saying "pretty"... real men don't say "pretty" :p

HDDP 12-27-2007 03:37 PM

OH YES... IT IS PRETTY... The engine is sitting in the garage right now fully re-assembled and filled with charcoal lighter fluid... LOL Seriously UP TO THE GILLS in charcoal lighter fluid.... 15 quarts of the stuff soaking into the metal and lubricating / cleaning every nook and cranny... All of the cylinders / valve guides, everything... A racecar engineer told me that the best thing to do when storing an engine is fill it entirely with charcoal lighter fluid because it lubricates all of the parts, but still cleans the carbon and sludge from the internals and everything will drain out when you empty it....

Now, I'm just waiting on the SPEC clutch / throwout bearing to arrive... They (SPEC) went on holiday and were supposed to deliver before Christmas, but I must have missed the UPS deadline... So I am not expecting it till Jan 2nd or so...

Getting closer, step by step...

PS: I had Linder Technical Services in Indianapolis do the injectors... Freakin' expensive ($70 each) and they found 2 injectors that had messed-up spray patterns so I replaced them... all were running at the same flow rate I got from Scott at Bosch... So at least I know that info was correct...

Happy Holidays... I'll keep you posted on the progress and hope to see you at the track next year...

Maxwell 12-27-2007 05:45 PM

How grabby is the SPEC clutch, and can I run that on the street, what material is it made of ?

OH YES... IT IS PRETTY... The engine is sitting in the garage right now fully re-assembled and filled with charcoal lighter fluid... LOL Seriously UP TO THE GILLS in charcoal lighter fluid.... 15 quarts of the stuff soaking into the metal and lubricating / cleaning every nook and cranny... All of the cylinders / valve guides, everything... A racecar engineer told me that the best thing to do when storing an engine is fill it entirely with charcoal lighter fluid because it lubricates all of the parts, but still cleans the carbon and sludge from the internals and everything will drain out when you empty it....

Now, I'm just waiting on the SPEC clutch / throwout bearing to arrive... They (SPEC) went on holiday and were supposed to deliver before Christmas, but I must have missed the UPS deadline... So I am not expecting it till Jan 2nd or so...

Getting closer, step by step...

PS: I had Linder Technical Services in Indianapolis do the injectors... Freakin' expensive ($70 each) and they found 2 injectors that had messed-up spray patterns so I replaced them... all were running at the same flow rate I got from Scott at Bosch... So at least I know that info was correct...

Happy Holidays... I'll keep you posted on the progress and hope to see you at the track next year...

HDDP 12-27-2007 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
How grabby is the SPEC clutch, and can I run that on the street, what material is it made of ?

Research MAX...

SPEC makes clutches for different uses... I am installing the STAGE 4
http://www.specclutch.com/csproducti...product=stage4 with a 6 puck design. This is not recommended for street driving because of its harsh engagment...

The only one I would recommend for street drving is the STAGE 3 or STAGE 3+
http://www.specclutch.com/csproducti...uct=stage3plus This is a solid plate clutch and will last much longer... It's heavier, but more suited for street driving.

If you decide to use the SPEC clutch, I would recommend their throw-out bearing as well... I can help you get a racers discount if you decided to go this route...

Happy Holidays....

Maxwell 12-27-2007 08:04 PM

Research MAX...

SPEC makes clutches for different uses... I am installing the STAGE 4
http://www.specclutch.com/csproducti...product=stage4 with a 6 puck design. This is not recommended for street driving because of its harsh engagment...

The only one I would recommend for street drving is the STAGE 3 or STAGE 3+
http://www.specclutch.com/csproducti...uct=stage3plus This is a solid plate clutch and will last much longer... It's heavier, but more suited for street driving.

If you decide to use the SPEC clutch, I would recommend their throw-out bearing as well... I can help you get a racers discount if you decided to go this route...

Happy Holidays....

Thanks for the free info.. will have to add them to my favs. I should start buying all the parts for my clutch job, what kinda deal can you get on the throw out bearing? is it superior to OEM?

HDDP 12-27-2007 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
Thanks for the free info.. will have to add them to my favs. I should start buying all the parts for my clutch job, what kinda deal can you get on the throw out bearing? is it superior to OEM?

Check your PM's

HDDP 01-01-2008 08:23 PM

5 Attachment(s)
FYI, Oddly enough I just ran across this article today and it kind of explains why I have been going to such extreme measures for the intercooler modifications and also mentioned to the members who are developing CAI's to locate it at the base of the windshield instead of running it to the front grille... It's quite ingenius how these guys are running dual charge air coolant pumps with a 10 litre swirl tank and made custom IC's that sit on top of the engine instead of in the V where all the heat is radiated... The tank I designed is 2.2 gallons but leaves room for the frozen inserts to hopefully maintain the coolant temps substiantially below ambient... And my custom "fin tubes" and Bell heat exchanger that will be circulating the coolant will help reduce the heat as well.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/custom-cars...ics-122019.php

PS. here's some shots of the final assembly of the SC / IC / TB before they went back on the engine... I applied 2 layers of ThermoTec insulation to the outside of the IC and have lined the "V" of the engine block with the same. Also, wrapped the OEM Charge Cooler tubes with the same and sheathed them in tin plated sleeving with an air gap between the ThermoTec and sleeve. This is where the most heat is absorbed during the IC coolant cycle. Also installed the Phenolic spacers on the intakes. If they work as advertised, they should also reduce the temps of the charge air substantially...

I'm still working on the Chiller Tank, should be done soon... I might consider that second Johnson Pump just to keep the coolant pressure / speed up. The faster I can get that liquid out of the heated engine V and back into the cooler fin tubes and chiller tank, the less heat will have to be dispersed by the Bell heat exchanger...

Enjoy the photos and the article...

MMZ_TimeLord 01-02-2008 12:32 AM

Some excellent ideas in that article... hmmm... Intercoolers where the air boxes are... hmmm.... :D

Great work on your IC by the way... love the pictures my friend!

and... Happy New Year!

malcb 01-02-2008 03:13 PM

All that in there, 400kg lighter and still has aircon - where are you going wrong HDDP! Question is if you got hold of an SLR engine would you fit it??

I think it might be overkill..

Nice find and as usual nice progress on your project.

HDDP 01-02-2008 08:36 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I'm just sharing all the information that I come across with the forum... And also trying to document this SRT6 engine swap incase anyone else wants to do it and learn from my mistakes... LOL

Since we are on the subject of the engine swap... here are photos of the new SPEC clutch that I received... This is the "STAGE 4" with 6 pucks, which is designed for track purposes only... However, spec does make a high performance street version for daily driving...

During my dealings with SPEC, we discussed a lightweigt racing & or performance flywheel for the car since SPEC makes them for nearly every car but ours... The reason they do not make them, is because nobody ever asked them to... So, that being said, I have asked them to build one for me and am shipping my OEM flywheel for them to use as a "template". Mine will be a one-off racing flywheel and unfortunately cost me a pretty penny, but they are willing to produce a performance street version at a reasonable cost if there is any interest from other CF owners.

I will post under a different thread about this because it is something that should be of interes to those who own the 6 speed manual transmission... But for those of you who read this post and are interested in a lightweight flywheel for the Crossfire, send an e-mail to David Norton specsales@specclutch.com and if he gets enough responses, he will use my flywheel to also produce a street performance version...