Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

SRT6 Engine Transplant

Old 09-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SRT6 Engine Transplant

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
I for one would most likely blow up my transmission in the process of missing a shift. The shifter works beautifully most of the time.. but once in a while it gives my hand the feeling (and sound) of being in gear, but I get a nasty grind. It may not blow up instantly, but it's life will be drastically shortened. I think instead of bothering with the srt motor, an LS swap is a great idea. For the amount of time, money and effort it obviously takes.. why not get an extra 2 cyl... and however much power you want (+$,time, effort.). Do you guys really care if it's a "mercedes" that much?
hard to miss a shift with an auto.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Life is random...so am I.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black05
Ahh, to bring the dream back...

With all the banter about of flashing an ecu to erase the old vin and reflash to the donor car, anyone care to speculate what would stop dropping an srt 6 into a n/a?

Ummmmmmmmm.............have you actually READ this thread, or did you just skip to the last page and make a post?

Old 09-19-2009, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by apkano
Ummmmmmmmm.............have you actually READ this thread, or did you just skip to the last page and make a post?
skipped to the last page.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Forum Regular

Obvious fail is obvious

Old 04-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I haven't been monitoring the board for a while... Just wanted to give a shout out to HDDP.

Great job brutha!

Hope to hook up with you at a NASA event here on the west coast sometime this year... $$ & Time meshing appropriately.

Again... great job... excellent HP numbers!

Old 04-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
I haven't been monitoring the board for a while... Just wanted to give a shout out to HDDP.

Great job brutha!

Hope to hook up with you at a NASA event here on the west coast sometime this year... $$ & Time meshing appropriately.

Hey buddy, long time ! Lot's to catch up on, but the major one is that I moved to Charleston, SC so I would love to do some NASA events with you, but I'm running in the South East Region now... And yes, I still have the Crossfire, but now I'm running a C6 Corvette most of the time. NOW THAT'S 600 HP OF FUN !

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
C6 Trailer 3.jpg (65.2 KB, 312 views)
Old 04-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord

Great job brutha!

Oh yeah... Ready TO GO !

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_2236.JPG (65.2 KB, 320 views)
Old 04-09-2011, 03:20 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Glad to hear you are doing well... I'll have to PM you my number, although I don't think it's changed since the last time I saw you.

If you have it give me a shout.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

HDDP!

Great to hear from you. A lot of us wondered what had happened to you. Nice to know you still have the car.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:25 PM

Can I ask how you removed the coolant expander tank? I purchased a new one and can't get the other one out. I have the lines and sensor off but it sees where the nipple attaches, at least it seems so.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:17 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Ohscme
Can I ask how you removed the coolant expander tank? I purchased a new one and can't get the other one out. I have the lines and sensor off but it sees where the nipple attaches, at least it seems so.
This is an ancient 5 year old thread, but the tank is held in place with a barbed stud on the bottom of the tank. You just pull it up hard, spray WD40 onto the barbed spigot if you can feel it.
Easy peasy. (When you know how)

Old 10-14-2017, 12:01 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HDDP
Oh yeah... Ready TO GO !

You are probably not on this board anymore but if we could drop a stock srt6 engine in a manual crossie with the flywheel, crankshaft and an upgraded clutch all from the c230 coupe. Then reprogram the stock ecu from the n/a or srt6 so it wouldn't interfere with the lack of a tcu. Or program a motec to emulate a functionning tcu through a piggyback setup. How does that sound?

Old 08-05-2020, 11:02 PM

Sounds like some fun could be had for a little less than a left leg 🧐🧐tell me more (3 years later) 😂
Originally Posted by alexdc
You are probably not on this board anymore but if we could drop a stock srt6 engine in a manual crossie with the flywheel, crankshaft and an upgraded clutch all from the c230 coupe. Then reprogram the stock ecu from the n/a or srt6 so it wouldn't interfere with the lack of a tcu. Or program a motec to emulate a functionning tcu through a piggyback setup. How does that sound?

Old 08-05-2020, 11:40 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Lewandowse
Sounds like some fun could be had for a little less than a left leg 🧐🧐tell me more (3 years later) 😂
You can drop in anything that’s a similar year basically and I make ECU’s for basically everything at this point. I’ve done a bunch of SRT swaps into manual crossfires but you CANNOT use the C230 clutch or flywheel. They’re tiny and it will slip... a lot. You need to grab a crossfire flywheel and clutch either pre-‘05 or post-‘05 depending on your build date vs the engines.

Contrary to popular belief you can retrofit a supercharger from the SRT on to an NA along with its complimentary components. It’s not going to ‘destroy the engine’ or cost 3 ********* lol. It’s surprisingly common nowadays. For that I would build an ECU for you from a 32 AMG and you’d go to your favorite tuner and tell them what you did.

I have a Facebook page that I prefer inquiries through if anyone has more questions: https://m.facebook.com/MercedesSwapShop/

Old 08-06-2020, 07:16 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Great explanation Josh!