Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

I'm building another one... Supercharged V8 Part Deux!!! :D

Old 09-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: I'm building another one... Supercharged V8 Part Deux!!! :D

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
I think the numbering system should be based on all V8 Crossfire's starting with 001 and add a "K" if supercharged. Gerhard's car will always be the first V8 and Max is the second, mine was third. Using this method shows respect for the conversions that others have done before us. You could add a number after the K as well. Using this system. I would be 003 (until I add the super charger in a couple of months) and Taz would be 004K1. If I was to add a s/c or just swith to the 55K, I would then be 003K2 assuiming I get it done before the next one rolls out of your shop.
Oh yea!!! Gotta give credit to the "founding fathers" of the V8 swap !! so the next build would look great with a 005K2! or V-K2 ( my roman numeral idea) Ill be on the list soon Hope to be VI, VII, or VIII !!!

Old 09-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmySkullz
Oh yea!!! Gotta give credit to the "founding fathers" of the V8 swap !! so the next build would look great with a 005K2! or V-K2 ( my roman numeral idea) Ill be on the list soon Hope to be VI, VII, or VIII !!!
At least this method get you to 007 faster!

Old 09-23-2010, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
At least this method get you to 007 faster!
I want that VIN!! Haha!!

Old 09-24-2010, 01:06 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Like I told Bob on the phone, the #2 was the start of a joke but the whole numbering thing sounds like it will be a great idea. Per the forefathers, the scheme should follow 001 - Gerhard, 002 - Max, 003 - Bob, 004K1-A0710 - Paul, 005K2-A1010 - current build. The last 5 digits on the last two are to identify them as my cars. Not trying to usurp anyone here and while those that have gone before me should be recognized as such, I'd like something to set the cars I build apart from the rest for the sake of those that have given me the opportunity to build them. I love the idea that a serializing system is being somewhat adopted by those that have these cars as it unifies the V8 guys out there. So far, everyone has been a first. Gerhard has the first V8 Crossfire, Max has the first V8 Crossfire built by it's owner, Bob has the first V8 Crossfire here in the states and Paul has the first V8 Kompressor Crossfire. Now if we could just get Julian to make us our own section on the forum! LOL

Take care

Old 09-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rudy , you guys need your own section. It would make it easy for interested members to keep track of the V-8 cars all in one place. See you at the Dragon.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe if we can't get a section here, we coould get one on the Crossfire International Club site? We could always post a sticky here with the link to the other site. It doesn't seem like anyone here is listening.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rcompart
who in their right mind would be rockin' a supercharged V8 but still have cloth seats. I'll keep my heated leather seats thank you very much! LOL
I will.

Guess I do not actually qualify for 'in my right mind' though.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rudy, I think you should follow in the footsteps of all the other "great" engine swappers in our automotive past.

Shelby
Rouch
Saleen
Yenko
Baldwin Motion
Startech
Hennessy
Grand Spaulding (Mr. Norm)

Just to name a few, and call your creations the "RUDE, Crossfire" with the #'s of what ever size Merc engine you installed, listed afterwords.
It doesn't matter if you build two, or 52. They're still your creations.
You should also install a small logo on the dash with the production #. For instance:

Rude/Crossfire 5.5 #001

Then 20 years from now, when we're sitting in front of our TV's watching one of your creations roll across the stage at Barrett Jackson, we can say,
"Hey! I knew that Guy".

(Now I feel bad I made you sleep on the floor).

Old 09-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

I like the idea of a V8 section and the "RUDE" Crossfire name.

Some of you graphic smart folks design a badge for the RUDE!

Old 09-24-2010, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Rudy, I think you should follow in the footsteps of all the other "great" engine swappers in our automotive past.

Shelby
Rouch
Saleen
Yenko
Baldwin Motion
Startech
Hennessy
Grand Spaulding (Mr. Norm)

Just to name a few, and call your creations the "RUDE, Crossfire" with the #'s of what ever size Merc engine you installed, listed afterwords.
It doesn't matter if you build two, or 52. They're still your creations.
You should also install a small logo on the dash with the production #. For instance:

Rude/Crossfire 5.5 #001

Then 20 years from now, when we're sitting in front of our TV's watching one of your creations roll across the stage at Barrett Jackson, we can say,
"Hey! I knew that Guy".

(Now I feel bad I made you sleep on the floor).
At least you let me sleep in the house! I actually put something together last night after talking with Bob. Everyone's thoughts?

Old 09-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rudy, that would make a great dashboard plaque. A RUDE/CROSSFIRE by Accelerated Industries.
But having an emblem on the back that said RUDE/Crossfire is something everybody (you beat) would remember, it's catchy.
Besides, it has most of your name in it.
I know I'd be proud to say, "Yeah, I own a RUDE/Crossfire".

Old 09-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Rudy, I can appreciate and respect the fact that you would want to show homage to the other V-8s that have been built, but that does not seem like it would work in the long run to me as you have both no control of other owners installing a V-8 or a way of being notified when they do. So, if you were to build an 007 down the road and then were later notified that there was another car that had a V-8 modification prior to your 007, it would throw things off and possibly cause bad feelings omongst others that theirs was left out. Personally, I would do a number scheme that is based solely on your creations. This forum and others can keep track of the history of Crossfire conversions, but once you assign a number, it is locked in. I do not think that this would diminish what others have done, and would set your creations apart. Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:58 PM

I think its a winner! Good work!

Old 09-24-2010, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Rudy, I can appreciate and respect the fact that you would want to show homage to the other V-8s that have been built, but that does not seem like it would work in the long run to me as you have both no control of other owners installing a V-8 or a way of being notified when they do. So, if you were to build an 007 down the road and then were later notified that there was another car that had a V-8 modification prior to your 007, it would throw things off and possibly cause bad feelings omongst others that theirs was left out. Personally, I would do a number scheme that is based solely on your creations. This forum and others can keep track of the history of Crossfire conversions, but once you assign a number, it is locked in. I do not think that this would diminish what others have done, and would set your creations apart. Just my 2 cents.
I dont think it would, each one of the Crossfires with the V8 had imput to help each other out. So I'm sure if anyone was to do this and install a V8 on there own and knew about the previous numbered cars, and knew enought to give themselves a number they would know what is going on here and would seek help from the"Founding Fathers" so in turn there would still be order..

Old 09-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorgan

Agree with this and the RUDE emblem.
Now we just need words to match the RUDE acronym.

R udys
U ber
D ynamic
E ngines

Old 09-24-2010, 03:14 PM

Also after alot of thinking.. I am going to under take this amazing upgrade. After many questions and alot of help from forum members, especially Bob! Thanks so much for your time! I am going to do the V8 conversion in my SRT. I want to go with a 2000-2002 5.5 N/A AMG engine. I am going to look at one this weekend. I was originally going to do the 500 engine in my limited coupe, but I want to keep my "Show car" and I love the SRT and I also love making "big power" from N/A engines. I also want to keep the "AMG" theme. I just bought a 181 pulley set for my 6, so I will prob end up selling them and my motor and all my goodies soon to start my journey! I am very excited! In case anyone cares!

Old 09-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least you let me sleep in the house! I actually put something together last night after talking with Bob. Everyone's thoughts?

Please make a business out of doing this.. I hope you become the next Carol Shelby, this is just what the Crossfire needs.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tighed1

Agree with this and the RUDE emblem.
Now we just need words to match the RUDE acronym.

R udys
U ber
D ynamic
E ngines
I like that DJ...but I think I like it better if it was just UDE.

Uber Dynamic Engineering.

or

Ultra Dynamic Engineering.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
Please make a business out of doing this.. I hope you become the next Carol Shelby, this is just what the Crossfire needs.
That is the plan. Been a dream of mine since I was very young to make cars that people dream about and this is the perfect platform to do it in. Nimble little car, to die for styling and raw unadulterated power... All the things that come to mind in the perfect car!

Thanks for the kind words.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:51 PM

That is the plan. Been a dream of mine since I was very young to make cars that people dream about and this is the perfect platform to do it in. Nimble little car, to die for styling and raw unadulterated power... All the things that come to mind in the perfect car!

Thanks for the kind words.
It really is the perfect car!!! And I'm happy you are achieving on of your goals!! kudos bro!

Quick Reply: I'm building another one... Supercharged V8 Part Deux!!! :D