Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Eurocharged tune or Inmotion tune?

Old 10-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eurocharged tune or Inmotion tune?

Hey everyone,
I would like to know what is the best between eurocharged performance engine software and the inmotion crossfire stage 2 chip tuning. I am sorry I don't know anything about how it works. You have to send the ECU to them and they will tune it? I have no clue where's the ecu located and how to take it off. the eurocharged is 450$ and inmotion 350$. Are they equivalent? I tried to send emails to eurocharged, wrote to them on facebook and never got answer.... I need information and inmotion seems to be more at my service than eurocharged. they did answer my message.
What you think guys?
ben

Old 10-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Eurocharged tune or Inmotion tune?

Originally Posted by benoitparadis
Hey everyone,
I would like to know what is the best between eurocharged performance engine software and the inmotion crossfire stage 2 chip tuning. I am sorry I don't know anything about how it works. You have to send the ECU to them and they will tune it? I have no clue where's the ecu located and how to take it off. the eurocharged is 450$ and inmotion 350$. Are they equivalent? I tried to send emails to eurocharged, wrote to them on facebook and never got answer.... I need information and inmotion seems to be more at my service than eurocharged. they did answer my message.
What you think guys?
ben
eurocharged seems to be the flavor of choice on this forum, with many testimonials.
I myself have not had this done as I am satisfied with the performance of my N/A with the single NeedsWings CAI.
At any rate, you did not specify your location, so reference :
Eurocharged global dealer network

The ECU is located in the black box by your battery, see :
http://www.eurocharged.com/ECU_Removal_Instructions.pdf

( BE SURE YOU REMOVE THE NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE BEFORE REMOVING ANYTHING FROM THIS BOX !!!!! )

Old 10-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

honestly before you dip into any tuning you need to educate yourself as to what you will be doing. the ecu is a fine finiky beast. not even knowing were its located says volumes. do a weeks worth of research then look for a tuner. bad things happen to those uninformed

Old 10-23-2011, 01:08 PM

Eurocharged Performance is in the middle of doing the 'Texas Mile " Flying mile race. That is why they didn't respond back yet. You can get hold of them via e-mail at:
jerry@eurocharged.com
clint@eurocharged.com
or jake@eurocharged.com
Jake is the owner
Houston office : 281-206-0076
Jerry 630-496-8660
Clint 713-705-0604
They will be at SEMA show in Vegas Nov1-5,2011
Call them, they can do a nice tune online if you have a laptop.
They did my N/A, probably an increase of 40 RWHP, runs great.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eurocharged may still have an offer where they will remotely perform a tune as well. They would sell you a USB cable that would hook up right to your car and doesn't require the removal of any parts. All you would need is a laptop or PC with a USB port and the ability for them to remote into your PC/laptop to perform the tune.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
honestly before you dip into any tuning you need to educate yourself as to what you will be doing. the ecu is a fine finiky beast. not even knowing were its located says volumes. do a weeks worth of research then look for a tuner. bad things happen to those uninformed
This!!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dtinker
Eurocharged Performance is in the middle of doing the 'Texas Mile " Flying mile race. That is why they didn't respond back yet. You can get hold of them via e-mail at:
jerry@eurocharged.com
clint@eurocharged.com
or jake@eurocharged.com
Jake is the owner
Houston office : 281-206-0076
Jerry 630-496-8660
Clint 713-705-0604
They will be at SEMA show in Vegas Nov1-5,2011
Call them, they can do a nice tune online if you have a laptop.
They did my N/A, probably an increase of 40 RWHP, runs great.
Are you claiming you added 40 RWHP from the tune alone?

Old 10-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I would only say that if you aren't currently involved in the cars, like the Texas Mile, drag racing, and so on, then you aren't up to date on all the modding that is going on out there. Do your homework as to the mods you want to make to the car. The very LAST thing you want to do is a tune. Claiming a tune nets you X amount of HP, with no mods, well, that I would have to see. I don't remember anyone posting dyno info on a purely stock car with a tune. Usually, they have done some modification. A tune will eliminate the stock parameters set by the company to insure the safe operation of the vehicle, so there is room for more HP without mods. But, to take full advantage of the tune, you will need to change the cold air intake, as well as a host of other mods available. Get the most out of your money. Get all your modding done first.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:07 PM

No, I'm sorry if I miss led you. My initial Tune was a flash tune, not on the Dyno. This probably yided 25hp increase. I later added a dyno tune, the 74 mm TB, added K&N filters, removed the baffles from the elbow, added the 74mmMAF. All of these were done primarily at Eurocharged Performance in Houston. Now that the weather has cooled off I plan on trying to get a new Dyno run to verify the RWHP. The last we documented was 208RWHP before several of the mods were done and it was 105 degrees. I have added just yesterday the 2.75 inch intake tubes to each side of the air box down through the radiator support, with the home made " Devil Horns" to get the air into the Air box. This has been a slow process of small low cost changes. I'll post when I get the new dyno run done, I hope that I am not being too optimistic on my HP. I hope it is actually more than I think, but you will know as soon as I know.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:13 PM

Just a little more info, a couple of months ago I took my car to Eurocharged Performance and we removed all the mods (Tunes and parts) added each one back as we did dyno runs to document the HP increase for each mod as it was done. Jerry and Clint said they plan to release the info to at least be used as a guide to what you might see from each mod.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by dtinker
Just a little more info, a couple of months ago I took my car to Eurocharged Performance and we removed all the mods (Tunes and parts) added each one back as we did dyno runs to document the HP increase for each mod as it was done. Jerry and Clint said they plan to release the info to at least be used as a guide to what you might see from each mod.
Now that would be great info for people ready to mod their car. This is exactly what I meant in saying, do your homework, as all mods don't net you a lot of HP, but every little bit does add up. Just which ones are you willing to pay for? Great info if they get it done...

Old 10-23-2011, 10:35 PM

can you do the performance engine software throught the cable and laptop?

Last edited by benoitparadis; 10-24-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello and good day all I have been in process of tuning my SRT6 for past few weeks. My name is Chris and I live in NM abq. My initial tune was done through ERUOCHARGED for my single needswings CAI. I live In nm and elevation is over 5500 ft on at track. So bare with me on these times slips can be shown for all. Bone stock I ran a 13.9 with single cai and tune from eurp I ran best att 13.5. loosing rougly a second is about right for 5500ft out here. Tune felt fine. Then I added 178mm w/psk, iso kit, needwings supercooler, small battery and my best time got down to a 12.9. (yay back to stock sea level times anyways point to story about tune. I have now added needwings Custome intake manis thermal and teflon coated. We talked to ADAM at euro and stated I was intalling these when could I get tune for them. He said the following day (thursday) after they were intalled they could be tuned. We called him on thursday after install he stated he needed to put me off till next week and could I email him everything that was modified on my car. (as if we hadn't just spoke the day before) So im an easy going guy. I call him following Monday for tune. They tune my car wam bam done. Im driving around and an a new ss camaro comes up on me ( he beats me by a good half car.) Which i smoke them all the time since my license plate says SSNUTIN on it. quite embarassing at the time. I call eurocharged thursday the 13th tell adam I now have miss-fire codes on my vehicle and its not running well I need help. He hands the phone over to JERRY I tell jerry again whats going on I need help. He has the nerves to tel me "You must not have told me you added the manifolds this tune was for an intake" I was bitching or anything and he accuses me of making a mistake. (I still have email i sent to adam w/ all modifications fully described. ) Jerrys asks me to taake it to a dyno knowing its not running well and send him results so they can tune it better and that they have a different tune for it. Never apologizing for inconvience. I set up tune for following Monday start of that even they went to, but they would help me anyway. My car dyno'd 272 hp and 300 torque after tune. Jerry also told me that with the manifolds the srt6 always runs lean and that the way it is. I am no longet confident in eurocharged and am paying and addition $500 to inmotion. I called eurocharged this morning and has Adam set my car back to stock on ecu and my ecu get sent out tuesday to inmotion. Wait till I get my tune back from inmotion should be this friday and Ill give the best of both worlds answer for you. BUT AS OF RIGHT NOW IF YOU PLAN ON GOING PAST AN INTAKE DONT MESS WITH EUROCHAGED. They should of went out of their way for me and didn't bother or show that they cared at all my car was running like crap and ERUROCHARGED was NOT HELPFUL AT ALL. It's hard to get a rise out of me but I had to stress this on to future buyers beware!

The following users liked this post:
Jonsir09 (12-18-2021)
Old 10-24-2011, 03:25 PM

[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Hello and good day all I have been in process of tuning my SRT6 for past few weeks. My name is Chris and I live in NM abq. My initial tune was done through ERUOCHARGED for my single needswings CAI. I live In nm and elevation is over 5500 ft on at track. So bare with me on these times slips can be shown for all. Bone stock I ran a 13.9 with single cai and tune from eurp I ran best att 13.5. loosing rougly a second is about right for 5500ft out here. Tune felt fine. Then I added 178mm w/psk, iso kit, needwings supercooler, small battery and my best time got down to a 12.9. (yay back to stock sea level times anyways point to story about tune. I have now added needwings Custome intake manis thermal and teflon coated. We talked to ADAM at euro and stated I was intalling these when could I get tune for them. He said the following day (thursday) after they were installed they could be tuned. We called him on Thursday after install he stated he needed to put me off till next week and could I email him everything that was modified on my car. (as if we hadn't just spoke the day before) So im an easy going guy. I call him following Monday for tune. They tune my car wam bam done. Im driving around and an a new ss camaro comes up on me ( he beats me by a good half car.) Which i smoke them all the time since my license plate says SSNUTIN on it. quite embarrassing at the time. I call eurocharged thursday the 13th tell adam I now have miss-fire codes on my vehicle and its not running well I need help. He hands the phone over to JERRY I tell jerry again whats going on I need help. He has the nerve to tell me "You must not have told me you added the manifolds this tune was for an intake" I was bitching or anything and he accuses me of making a mistake. (I still have email i sent to adam w/ all modifications fully described. ) Jerrys asks me to taake it to a dyno knowing its not running well and send him results so they can tune it better and that they have a different tune for it. Never apologizing for tuning my car wrong. I set up tune for following Monday start of that even they went to, but they would help me anyway. My car dyno'd 272 hp and 300 torque after tune. Jerry also told me that with the manifolds the srt6 always runs lean and that the way it is. I am no longer confident in eurocharged and am paying and addition $500 to inmotion. I called eurocharged this morning and has Adam set my car back to stock on ecu and my ecu get sent out tuesday to inmotion. Wait till I get my tune back from inmotion should be this friday and Ill give the best of both worlds answer for you. BUT AS OF RIGHT NOW IF YOU PLAN ON GOING PAST AN INTAKE DONT MESS WITH EUROCHAGED. They should of went out of their way for me and didn't bother or show that they cared at all my car was running like crap and ERUROCHARGED was NOT HELPFUL AT ALL. It's hard to get a rise out of me but I had to stress this on to future buyers beware![/FONT]

Old 10-24-2011, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by daretofight
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Hello and good day all I have been in process of tuning my SRT6 for past few weeks. My name is Chris and I live in NM abq. My initial tune was done through ERUOCHARGED for my single needswings CAI. I live In nm and elevation is over 5500 ft on at track. So bare with me on these times slips can be shown for all. Bone stock I ran a 13.9 with single cai and tune from eurp I ran best att 13.5. loosing rougly a second is about right for 5500ft out here. Tune felt fine. Then I added 178mm w/psk, iso kit, needwings supercooler, small battery and my best time got down to a 12.9. (yay back to stock sea level times anyways point to story about tune. I have now added needwings Custome intake manis thermal and teflon coated. We talked to ADAM at euro and stated I was intalling these when could I get tune for them. He said the following day (thursday) after they were installed they could be tuned. We called him on Thursday after install he stated he needed to put me off till next week and could I email him everything that was modified on my car. (as if we hadn't just spoke the day before) So im an easy going guy. I call him following Monday for tune. They tune my car wam bam done. Im driving around and an a new ss camaro comes up on me ( he beats me by a good half car.) Which i smoke them all the time since my license plate says SSNUTIN on it. quite embarrassing at the time. I call eurocharged thursday the 13th tell adam I now have miss-fire codes on my vehicle and its not running well I need help. He hands the phone over to JERRY I tell jerry again whats going on I need help. He has the nerve to tell me "You must not have told me you added the manifolds this tune was for an intake" I was bitching or anything and he accuses me of making a mistake. (I still have email i sent to adam w/ all modifications fully described. ) Jerrys asks me to taake it to a dyno knowing its not running well and send him results so they can tune it better and that they have a different tune for it. Never apologizing for tuning my car wrong. I set up tune for following Monday start of that even they went to, but they would help me anyway. My car dyno'd 272 hp and 300 torque after tune. Jerry also told me that with the manifolds the srt6 always runs lean and that the way it is. I am no longer confident in eurocharged and am paying and addition $500 to inmotion. I called eurocharged this morning and has Adam set my car back to stock on ecu and my ecu get sent out tuesday to inmotion. Wait till I get my tune back from inmotion should be this friday and Ill give the best of both worlds answer for you. BUT AS OF RIGHT NOW IF YOU PLAN ON GOING PAST AN INTAKE DONT MESS WITH EUROCHAGED. They should of went out of their way for me and didn't bother or show that they cared at all my car was running like crap and ERUROCHARGED was NOT HELPFUL AT ALL. It's hard to get a rise out of me but I had to stress this on to future buyers beware![/FONT]

I find this very difficult to believe. You have tons of modifications and you have never been here. It just doesn't add up.

Besides the fact that there are hundreds and hundreds of satisfied Eurocharged customers on this site that have had the exact opposite experience that you had.

Do you have the dyno results? Care to show us? If Jerry asked you to put it on the dyno then he would have asked you to e-mail him the dyno results so he can review them and make changes. Feel free to share so we can all see what your dyno run looked like.

/skeptical

Old 10-25-2011, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
I find this very difficult to believe. You have tons of modifications and you have never been here. It just doesn't add up.

Besides the fact that there are hundreds and hundreds of satisfied Eurocharged customers on this site that have had the exact opposite experience that you had.

Do you have the dyno results? Care to show us? If Jerry asked you to put it on the dyno then he would have asked you to e-mail him the dyno results so he can review them and make changes. Feel free to share so we can all see what your dyno run looked like.

/skeptical
Hello "skeptical one" yes I do have dyno results and they were e-mailed to adam@eurocharged.com same place my list of modifications were emailed too which were sent last monday night the 17th. The dyno will show you my car was tuned improper. My grief here is not the that I got the wrong tune simply that no one would even take ownership of the problem, pretend to be interested, act like they wanted to help, in fact they blamed me for giving wrong information, (like I need my car tuned twice for an air intake) and did not go out of their way at all to resolve the issue.(Jerry did state they had a different tune for my mods but wanted dyno first for some reason) Below I will post my dyno results I'll also post a pic of me smiling next to my car with the pretty custom manifolds from needswings on their too if you'd like. You must work there anyway in the business world a person who takes the time out of their day to post a wrongdoing done by a business is much much more likely than some posting an amazing experience like you speak of. That sounds much more skpetical to me "hundreds of positive threads". Anyways im not here to bash eurocharged first tune for cai was fine my buddies tune for his c32 was fine gt4awd im sure youve seen him around. I usually just read off his stuff, but this was a personal experience which is why im here. No one took ownership and still don't seem to. Is this just my experience maybe, but I would hate for anyone else to have the same one. Seems the customer gets blamed just as your doing.
Thanks Chris

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Crossfire1 Data.pdf (32.7 KB, 109 views)
Crossfire1 Graph.pdf (15.7 KB, 38 views)
Crossfire2 Data.pdf (32.9 KB, 25 views)
Crossfire2 Graph.pdf (15.8 KB, 21 views)
Crossfire3 Data.pdf (33.2 KB, 19 views)
Crossfire3 Graph.pdf (15.9 KB, 39 views)
Jonsir09 (12-18-2021)
Old 10-25-2011, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA

/skeptical
Also thank you for bringing more attention to this it is needed. My original dyno after eurocharge tune is above like requested, ALSO For those interested I will also be posting my dyno results after having my INMOTION tune. Will have those for you by NOV. 2nd wed. will be out of town for holloween!!!! Happy Holloween people.

Jonsir09 (12-18-2021)
Old 10-25-2011, 01:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also thank you for bringing more attention to this it is needed. My original dyno after eurocharge tune is above like requested, ALSO For those interested I will also be posting my dyno results after having my INMOTION tune. Will have those for you by NOV. 2nd wed. will be out of town for holloween!!!! Happy Holloween people.
Sorry that things didn't work out with you and Eurocharged, they are really busy since there are not many tuner shops out there for our cars. Not sure if you can get nearly the service you would get from Euro. Some times we need more patience. Good luck.

Last edited by Mimi05SRT6; 10-26-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:49 AM

You must work there
Nope, just a customer.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mimi05SRT6
Wow, 272 whp, 300 wtq is awesome thanks to Eurocharged. If Inmotion can better that, then it will be amazing. Sorry that things didn't work out with you and Eurocharged, they are really busy since there are not many tuner shops out there for our cars. Not sure if you can get nearly the service you would get from Euro. Some times we need more patience. Good luck.
lol I have never gotten worst service than what I have received so far from than so anything would be an improvement, and did you read those #'s they are horrible my stock srt6 would put up better numbers. I will post my new dyno after inmotion that will be much much better thanks. And SO FAR MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN AMAZING. Owner of Needswings called me to address my issues than the owner of Inmotion called me who seems to be far more knowlegable about tunin on these cars than anyone I've apoken with. So thank you Rob and Jerry from needwings and Inmotion for steering me in the right direction! Number and experiences don't lie.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged tune or Inmotion tune?