Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

BEGi Crossfire Turbo Kit by Bell Experimental Group

Old 07-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: BEGi Crossfire Turbo Kit by Bell Experimental Group

non-educated wrhp guess from me is: 192

Old 07-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Received 399 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by FUBU
non-educated wrhp guess from me is: 192

192! Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??

Old 07-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

$50K profit.. guess that means I went from second in line to 51st now? Thats if they profit a grand off each kit.. Didn't realize there were that many lined up at the front gate.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
$50K profit.. guess that means I went from second in line to 51st now? Thats if they profit a grand off each kit.. Didn't realize there were that many lined up at the front gate.
At no point in my statement does the word profit come up, by 'make', I was implying gross income from the project, which would be pretty easy to get to from the price and level of interest of just our forum, not to mention the SLK guys. All I am trying to say is that we are getting the short end of the stick, and I was willing to stick up for them, up to a certain point, but no more empty promises about updates or pictures...

Old 07-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Regardless of profits, I agree with John. No photos since the car's delivery is a bit... ridiculous.

In today's age of forums, social media and the like -- most shops strive to post photos of the progress, to build customer interest. In this case, the interest is already harnessed... and the photos would be more of a courtesy than an advertisement.

BEGi's Facebook page (yes, they have one and I'm on it) is a ghost town. Compare that to Forged Performance, who posts on the hour and has more progress photos than you can shake a stick at. They build GT-Rs, Subarus, Miatas, Porsches, etc.

"Well John, Corky is old-fashioned and their expertise is in building kits, not taking photos".

That's fine, nothing wrong with having a focused expertise. Hire a teenager to come in once a month and snap a few photos, upload them to the BEGi Facebook account and pay him $100 for the job. The followers on that page will do your advertising for you -- I know I would have the photos saved, hosted, and posted here in no time as an act of service to the N/A crowd here. And I wouldn't even charge them for the free advertising. Other people would share the photos on the Official Chrysler Crossfire fan page on Facebook, with tens-of-thousands of followers. Think he might get a few more customers there?

No one should be offended at the suggestion that BEGi should increase feedback. It would only be beneficial to them. More revenue for BEGi = more projects, stage + upgrades for the turbo kit, etc.

Consumer interest is ALWAYS a positive thing. Always.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Personally I am starting to get disappointed with a lack of any sort of photos.

It's the only reason I keep clicking on this thread when it shows up under the "New Posts" link. Then all I see are complaints and bickering, oh well...

Even their website pics haven't been updated.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:54 AM

Since they've only been in business for 35 years,
I'm sure they could and would appreciate every ones input on
how they need to conduct business.

Maybe throw them a bone with your excellent track records and marketing strategies.

stepht@bellengineering.net

Corporate Headquarters:

Bell Experimental Group Incorporated
203 Kestrel Drive
Spring Branch, TX 78070
USA

Tel: 830-438-2890
Fax: 830-438-8361

Old 07-25-2012, 12:23 PM

Since they've only been in business for 35 years,
I'm sure they could and would appreciate every ones input on how they need to conduct business.

Maybe throw them a bone with your excellent track records and marketing strategies.
You are such an a$$. I mean, really.

You're absolutely right, Mr. Miata. A company that has "been in bidness for XX years" knows more about the needs of the customer base than the customers do. How dare the customers offer suggestions!!! The audacity! I guess all of the other successful businesses with comment cards, canvassing studies, and consumer surveys are limp-wristed. You can normally tell when you're about to butt heads with a professional when you're offering suggestions and they respond with "how long they've been doing things". It's a polite way of them telling you to f**k off.

The idea of "this is how we've always done it, and this is how it's gonna be done" works only for the blue-haired women in church that refuse to raise their hands in the air during worship. How dare they have a drum set on stage! That's of the Devil.

But for a business to have staying power, flexibility is critical to maximize success. Being a successful business, I'm sure they actually would appreciate consumer feedback, so they can stay in business another 35 years. BEGi will continue to make money regardless of this pocket-project... we're simply saying that there is MASSIVE room for improvement in regard to their marketing and consumer feedback. Hard to argue against that when you read through this thread (sifting between the catfights).

You know what you call a business that starts out with ONE plan and refuses to adapt to a changing market? BANKRUPT.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by msheredy
It's the only reason I keep clicking on this thread when it shows up under the "New Posts" link. Then all I see are complaints and bickering, oh well...

Even their website pics haven't been updated.
But, they've been in business for three decades. Your argument is invalid.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
You are such an a$$. I mean, really.

You know what you call a business that starts out with ONE plan and refuses to adapt to a changing market? BANKRUPT.
If seeing "grown men" cry about getting something they don't have access to already and not getting it when they want it makes me an a$$.. well my kids get treated the same way and have the same sentiment at times.

Maybe you can call mamma and she can fix it for you?

Here's a thought.. just take the profits from you flourishing business and buy his. Oh wait.. my bad.

So you guys just going to arm chair quarterback or actually have a plan to change things????

Last edited by Mrmiata; 07-25-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:59 PM

If seeing "grown men" cry about getting something they don't have access to already and not getting it when they want it makes me an a$$.. well my kids get treated the same way and have the same sentiment at times.

Maybe you can call mamma and she can fix it for you?

Here's a thought.. just take the profits from you flourishing business and buy his. Oh wait.. my bad.
I see you're confused. No problem, I'll type slower. Follow along:
  • Many of your fellow enthusiasts on here (I think you once referred to them as a brotherhood, remember that term?) are thirsty for pictures, updates, napkin drawings, some sort of something to look at as a token of what's to come. A rather simple (and realistic) request given the cost involved and the trickle of information. Even more realistic given that most successful companies voluntarily oblige that request.
  • You defend the poor communication of BEGi, over and over, insulting anyone that asks for updates by calling them crybabies, etc. And rather than say "yeah, a photo actually would be nice" you instead remind us that "they've been in business for XX years", therefore we should go pound sand.
  • I called you an a$$ as a result.
Not that hard to follow.

Finally, one's ownsership of their business doesn't have a damn thing to do with this group buy. The revenue they earn, by whatever means they choose, will be spent however they see fit. I'm simply trying to be an advocate for my fellow forum members who are begging for updates. Ironic the company's name is "BEG"i.

There's no "oh wait" to be mentioned unless you want to continue looking like an *******, which is honestly being accomplished quite well anyways. I have no shame in working for a multi-BILLION dollar company that has been in business for decades and is posting record profits. I am part of a huge workforce that keeps Nissan dynamic and profitable. In turn, they pay me good money and I take that money to whatever businesses I deem worthy. So your gaff is idiotic, if nothing else.

This is a discussion about yet another delayed group-buy with minimal information, not a dig into each other's personal success story. You have yours, I have mine. No, I wouldn't trade you.

Cheers,

Old 07-25-2012, 01:03 PM

So you guys just going to arm chair quarterback or actually have a plan to change things????
Ah, I missed this edit.

Since most of your arguments are on behalf of BEGi, and you've had the ability to jump in/out of line as you see fit, perhaps you should be the ambassador for the brotherhood.

I'm sure the other folks would appreciate it.

Right guys?

Old 07-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How 'bout a recap about what's going on with this? Who's car is being turboed? I don't have time to look through 37 pages.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Forum Regular

This is not a thread for the Lazy or Weak of Heart.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 05roadsterguy
This is not a thread for the Lazy or Weak of Heart.
LOL! I gathered that! Good luck to all involved.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JHM2K

This is an incredibly true statement. And One I have thought in this process as well. While I do not understand all the Vitrol here, I do have to say that from appearances BEGI seems to be very singularly focused.

The fact that 0 new pics or Updates have been posted is Silly.

GGGGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!! USA 4-2 at the 69 minute mark

Old 07-25-2012, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by tunaglove
How 'bout a recap about what's going on with this? Who's car is being turboed? I don't have time to look through 37 pages.
DJ (tighed1) brought his car to them back in January, IIRC.

As we approach August, we (the forum) have received a handful of updates from Corky through DJ. Each time the kit is "in progress" with a soft ETA, if one is even listed.

No photos yet. In fact, no drawings of the layout.

DJ is a much more patient man than I am, and that's why he has my absolute respect. I was originally going to be prototype #1, until the wreck took me out. And to be quite honest, I'm glad the wreck happened because there's no way I could've still been without my car after eight months, when the forecast completion time was only ~2 months. Personally I have every reason to believe that Corky will deliver a fantastic product. We just don't know when we'll see it, and we have no clue what it looks like.

The rest of the BS in this thread is, well, BS (my posts included). Even the tech posts are only speculation, so until the kit is in DJ's hands and he's painting the streets of Arizona with tire rubber, none of us really know what the hell we're talking about.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:47 PM

Started to respond again... then realized there are more patiently waiting than there are those throwing a hissy fit because BEGi isn't in compliance with what mamma spoiled them to have.

Soap box or email.. we see the choice being made.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had any direct contact with Corky or BEGi? if not someone invested in the project should keep their phone lines busy. I am debating right now whether to start modding my xfire or build another shovelhead. I would love to jump on this buy if there is a realistic shipping date and the kit provides decent to awesome returns. Waiting another month or so until I make any decisions. I am going to email BEGi and will let you all know what kind of response, if any, I receive. Personally I find it less than promising that BEGi has not posted an update on their site in three months. Although I do understand the limitations for profit on this build promises, even in soft delivery dates, have been made and have fallen through.

Update; I have sent an email, if anyone has a phone number for BEGi please PM me with it, thanks!

Last edited by TKEpk247; 07-25-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
192! Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??
He's a minimalist, I'm a pessimist. My guesss is based on Tighed1s car seeing no improvement. I'm betting it either will not happen or Tighed1 will want his car back before he retires.
I'm betting on Tighed1s car, if it happens to be done to someones else car later after Tighed1s car is back with him so be it.
Originally Posted by onehundred80
I'm thinking that we will see no improvement on tighed1's car, so it stays at the OEM spec.
Now that's pessimism for you.

Quick Reply: BEGi Crossfire Turbo Kit by Bell Experimental Group