Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

BEGi Turbo Kit information/discussion thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Re: BEGi Turbo Kit information/discussion thread

Thanks!
LINK

BEGi - - Crossfire Turbo System - CP_Crossfire_turbo

Old 08-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. Was thinking the plastic was removed but looks like it just wasnt in place for the pic. Will be interested to see the final mounting hardware, looks like it may be quite the install job for newbies like myself.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

My son mentioned vo-tech autoshop classes next year.. your post turned a light on.. I would have loved a project like this in my auto shop days.. LOL. Just a thought..

Originally Posted by Airscape
Interesting. Was thinking the plastic was removed but looks like it just wasnt in place for the pic. Will be interested to see the final mounting hardware, looks like it may be quite the install job for newbies like myself.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks like fun to me!

When they said they were keeping the stock airbox I assumed that the charge pipe was going to be fed through our stock filter boxes. Im glad I can just ditch the cover or keep it on for a stock look. As long as it doesnt go into it, its fine. Actually very relieved now...

Old 08-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am liking this new thread a lot more than the old thread. I stopped checking it because it just led to me jumping in on the bickering. Glad we are back on track and waiting impatiently haha.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:45 AM

Sorry haven't been on here but I do send messages to Steph every 2 weeks and ask for pictures so keep checking begi's site.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Message from Mr. Corky.

Hi DJ,
Sorry I’ve been out of comm for a while. Virtually everything has been hot and heavy to the point of wearing thin.

As silly as it might seem, I’m getting keen on running around the hill country in a Chrysler. Sorry, I couldn’t help it.

I’m not sure it is worth describing the details of what we’ve done in the last couple weeks, but new things built, and a few rebuilds as well. Fourth iteration on the flow meter in/out tubes, third on the wastegate, second on the muffler………… but, it is beginning to look really cool.

In about 10 days we should have a fully assembled set of pics for you.

My best,

Corky

Old 08-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tighed1
Message from Mr. Corky.

Hi DJ,
Sorry I’ve been out of comm for a while. Virtually everything has been hot and heavy to the point of wearing thin.

As silly as it might seem, I’m getting keen on running around the hill country in a Chrysler. Sorry, I couldn’t help it.

I’m not sure it is worth describing the details of what we’ve done in the last couple weeks, but new things built, and a few rebuilds as well. Fourth iteration on the flow meter in/out tubes, third on the wastegate, second on the muffler………… but, it is beginning to look really cool.

In about 10 days we should have a fully assembled set of pics for you.

My best,

Corky
This is what I like to hear. I won't put much stock in the 10 days but glad to see things are getting reworked for the better. Last thing I want to do is keep having to go back and replacing stuff with revised versions because there are issues. If we do see a complete assembly in 10 days even better! The dragon is fast approaching, was expecting to have the kit on by then buuut probably looking like it will be after. Still glad to hear its getting close.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:49 PM

Please disregard this post

Last edited by Stripes; 08-30-2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: should not have posted
Old 08-25-2012, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Stripes
It's not happening you guys... not for the coin you paid. Buddy doesn't know it yet. You will, brace yourselves. Say goodbye to the coinage.

Hey man... thanks for the so informed words of wisdom.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonctovar
James why don't you fly out there and quit complaining....and I've been in this forum for several months, and if I had been in on this deal since last year I would have paid a visit to the shop after the 2month to see what was the progress, the fact that you've waited this long and DONE nothing about it kinda makes you look like an annoying idiot.. those are my 2cents take em or shove em down ur throat I don't care

Holy Mackerel sonny, what a bonehead idea that is. Do you know how much that would cost for airfare, hotel , car rental, I don't have a oil well pumping me out barrels of money.
I will start by saving your 2 cents toward it. Could we get a group rate for all of us to go maybe take in a Dallas Stars game at the same time? That is if they make the playoffs.
We will have to rely on your "for your eyes only" updates to keep us informed. The last update said 10 days for photos, how many times have we heard that song and dance. I see you have been pestering Stephanie for updates every two weeks, any chance of bumping that up to every week as originally promised months and months ago? I see some of you were wanting to have your Turbo for the Dragon, reality says don't hold your breath, I originally was hoping to get it for my Birthday, Plan B - Christmas, Plan C - Birthday next year, Plan D - first Pension check.
Oh Herman, all this talk about travel, you are about 35 hours away, how are you getting your car there? any idea when they want your car for second proto type?

Old 08-26-2012, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by bjames
I don't have a oil well pumping me out barrels of money.
I feel a Texas Motorsports Birthday coming on for Nascar.. Hope it's ready by then.. just hope they are ready to do an install by then...

Oh.. and actually 4 at over 500 bls a day..

Old 08-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Forum Regular
Wink Re: BEGi Turbo Kit information/discussion thread

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I feel a Texas Motorsports Birthday coming on for Nascar.. Hope it's ready by then.. just hope they are ready to do an install by then...

Oh.. and actually 4 at over 500 bls a day..
Why yes Mrmiata. superhero great defender of Corky, there is a outside chance that it could be ready by the beginning of November. That is if Corky has no more guests, no more employees going to Hawaii to get engaged, they don't have to let any employees go, it cools down in Texas, Corky's Carpal tunnel syndrome subsides, no more bread and butter jobs come in to move us to the back shelf to collect dust. I've seen entire subdivisions built and people occupy them in the time we have been watching this build, wonder how much plumbing went into that job. So what are your intentions to buy a Condo or rent a Apt. while they do your install ?

Old 08-26-2012, 09:53 PM

And looks like an attempt at first thread rants.. one word here.. THERAPY .. my plans won't include you so pretty much a mute point isn't it?

And actually we did discus a home down that way.. kinda winter vacation thing.. Make it primary resident instead of Oklahoma then state taxes won't be an issue..

Last edited by Mrmiata; 08-26-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:55 PM
Received 386 Likes on 333 Posts

I have an idea, those who will not get the future turbo upgrade just STFU!

Old 08-27-2012, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
I have an idea, those who will not get the future turbo upgrade just STFU!
+1 I guess someone was bored today..

Old 08-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Forum Regular

I know its hard to sit on the side lines and see all this going on and yes plenty of ppl have tryed and floped but I beleave in you guys and for anyone saying this cant be dun pls look at my car Anything is possible

Old 08-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Forum Regular

A few more photos up at BEGI.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:21 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suppose the built-in waste gate will be welded shut. The stand alone unit should be quicker reacting and more easily adjustable

Old 08-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Forum Regular

Its getting real! can't wait to see everything coated and fully installed. Also really want to hear what it sounds like. Don't really expect much turbo noise but the exhaust note should be sweet.

Quick Reply: BEGi Turbo Kit information/discussion thread