Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

BEGi Turbo Kit information/discussion thread

Old 08-31-2012, 03:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bjames
Holy Mackerel sonny, what a bonehead idea that is. Do you know how much that would cost for airfare, hotel , car rental, I don't have a oil well pumping me out barrels of money.
I will start by saving your 2 cents toward it. Could we get a group rate for all of us to go maybe take in a Dallas Stars game at the same time? That is if they make the playoffs.

We will have to rely on your "for your eyes only" updates to keep us informed. The last update said 10 days for photos, how many times have we heard that song and dance. I see you have been pestering Stephanie for updates every two weeks, any chance of bumping that up to every week as originally promised months and months ago? I see some of you were wanting to have your Turbo for the Dragon, reality says don't hold your breath, I originally was hoping to get it for my Birthday, Plan B - Christmas, Plan C - Birthday next year, Plan D - first Pension check.
Oh Herman, all this talk about travel, you are about 35 hours away, how are you getting your car there? any idea when they want your car for second proto type?
Well if you can't afford to take a flight and stay a day then why are you even considering buying a somthing that will cost roughly 4500?? I wouldn't want you to waste all of your 401k on that.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BEGi Turbo Kit information/discussion thread

Originally Posted by turbomar
I suppose the built-in waste gate will be welded shut. The stand alone unit should be quicker reacting and more easily adjustable
Good eye I wonder if that turbo is just for mock up though?

I definitely like the plumbing in regards to the wastegate position and relation to tie into the tailpipe.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Fate takes another twist.. Just call me CF2 if you would.. Still wonder if number two is even going to be needed..?

Old 09-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Fate takes another twist.. Just call me CF2 if you would.. Still wonder if number two is even going to be needed..?
Since this teaser of a sentence could mean so many different things, what are you implying?

Old 09-11-2012, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Since this teaser of a sentence could mean so many different things, what are you implying?
Implying things have taken enough time my replacement has now been replaced.. He had opportunities come up too good to pass up, and has offered the position back to me. Which had I known - as none of us did - that we would still be here today waiting on CF1, wouldn't have needed to play musical chairs on the CF2 spot. But as I stated originally back when, I wasn't going to be an anchor in the project due to loaning the original funds set aside.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Forum Regular

Well There It is. I have decided to return Greg's rightfull place to Him. When We decided to change things up early this year I was in a place to make this Happen and He was trepidatious about the Financing on His End. But as Time Moves On and the world keeps on turning I decided to use that Money on some other want's that I had. And now He is in position to enjoy all the hard work He has put into this Project.

Last Winter I was involved in a Life changing accident, and as I got better, I had a car I thought I might never even be able to drive. So I thought What the Hay, When I saw Greg was struggling with His decision and that Times just were not right for Him I decided to go ahead and Jump in and get My Car done. I had the Money and clearly I had the Time so Greg and I decided to switch Positions on this project we both care about.

Recently a truck I have coveted for many Years came available to me at 1/3 the price I offered for It 10 years ago. My Friend was moving to Germany and could not take the truck with Him. So I jumped on it. Needless to say While time did have some small factor in My decsion making, My personal desire to aquire this truck would have taken precident over The Turbo project at any point in time.

I will still be a Customer of BEGI, and purchase this turbo set up but probably not until next summer or fall.

( if it is ready by then)

LOLOLOL That was for You Bart!

Last edited by 05roadsterguy; 09-12-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Forum Regular

You guys opened up a whole opportunity to rant and rave. But I'm not in the mood coz I'm recovering from back surgery, but I'll be back...you can take that to the bank
goodnight

Old 09-11-2012, 11:12 PM

You guys opened up a whole opportunity to rant and rave. But I'm not in the mood coz I'm recovering from back surgery, but I'll be back...you can take that to the bank
goodnight

So what are you trying to say here? The meds make you dizzy when you get on your soap box?

Old 09-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Forum Regular

I want my turbo nowww...

Last edited by bjames; 09-15-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:31 PM

I want my turbo nowww...
It's just the meds.. give them a chance to kick in and we can talk about it tomorrow..

Old 09-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
Hey guys, Just wanted you to all know that I am not dead. Just going through the divorce from hell and trying to keep my head above water. I tried getting caught up on the thread but found mostly off topic wierd comments. Can someone fill me in with a sentance or two where we are at?
Hey buddy...long time no talking. I am in DFW, TEXAS now and if you ever want to go out for drinks or just wrench on a car hit me up via PM.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Forum Regular

Waiting for the design and build on this Turbo has become asinine. Reading through the old "posts" I realize nothing that he said on those "posts" has happened. Nothing
I think this builder is wearing the Bullshit on the wrong side of his boots.
I want my Turbo and I want it nowwww.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:01 PM

Well here's your alternative... 47 sold so prototype work is complete.. ENJOY!

Mercedes Benz Turbo Air Intake Supercharger AMG Fan Kit - FREE 2-3 USA SHIPPING | eBay

Old 09-22-2012, 05:55 PM

Well here's your alternative... 47 sold so prototype work is complete.. ENJOY!

Mercedes Benz Turbo Air Intake Supercharger AMG Fan Kit - FREE 2-3 USA SHIPPING | eBay

Just wondering, who is gonna install the turbos on your Crossfires? How reliable will these be? And what happens if these destroy an engine or other parts? I guess its all on you for installing these turbos, right? Is there any type of coverage from Begi? Also what about your car insurance, do you tell them you altered the vehicle with this? Just wondering thanks.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by aquarilized
Just wondering, who is gonna install the turbos on your Crossfires? How reliable will these be? And what happens if these destroy an engine or other parts? I guess its all on you for installing these turbos, right? Is there any type of coverage from Begi? Also what about your car insurance, do you tell them you altered the vehicle with this? Just wondering thanks.
Gee.. I'm glad you brought all these points up!

Old 09-22-2012, 09:30 PM

Gee.. I'm glad you brought all these points up!

Your welcome! Anything I can do to help. Someones got to.

Last edited by aquarilized; 09-22-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:40 PM

Your welcome! Anything I can do to help. Someones got to.
You must teach drivers ed. class.

I'd wager those actually involved instead of trying to armchair quarterback have had a license long enough to know what we are involved with.

But hey thanks for all the help... are you room mates with BJames?

Old 09-22-2012, 09:44 PM

You must teach drivers ed. class.

I'd wager those actually involved instead of trying to armchair quarterback have had a license long enough to know what we are involved with.

But hey thanks for all the help... are you room mates with BJames?
Damn, someone's being touchy! Must be that time of the month.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:49 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Waiting for the design and build on this Turbo has become asinine. Reading through the old "posts" I realize nothing that he said on those "posts" has happened. Nothing
I think this builder is wearing the Bullshit on the wrong side of his boots.
I want my Turbo and I want it nowwww.

Oh well. At least there will be one Begi Turbo Crossfire (Tighed1)

Old 09-22-2012, 09:54 PM

Damn, someone's being touchy! Must be that time of the month.
I agree.. You and Bjames both posted today so we know your cycles are on the same schedule.

Quick Reply: BEGi Turbo Kit information/discussion thread