Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Microlon engine treatment

Old 06-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Microlon engine treatment

looks interresting, ww

Old 07-22-2018, 08:07 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Microlon engine treatment

Originally Posted by DHS
Today talking to my aircraft mechanic he recommended I put Microlon in my aircraft engine, he is a very experienced mechanic, and has done his own testing in aircraft. By just treating one engine in light twin engine aircraft and using the untreated engine as a baseline he feels this treatment really does work. He states all the owners had the other engine treated after seeing the results. Most aircraft have oil temp, oil pressure, CHTs, EGTs and fuel flow gauges, so you can do a comparison in flight. We are very focused on our engines, because really bad things happen if it stops working!
So I was wondering if anyone has used this in the Crossfire, I have read all the info on their web site and am leaning toward using it, just wondering if any one else has tried it?
I microloned 2 502 cu in boat engines. About 4 years later the gasket on an oil filter let go and all the oil sprayed all over the bilge of the boat. I did not hear the oil pressure alarm and only stopped because I could smell something burning even though the 26,000 pound boat was traveling about 35 mph! The bottom line is that I was operating the engine continuously at 4000 rpm with little or no oil and after an extensive cleanup of the bilge and changing the filter and adding new oil the engine worked fine for several more years. I put microlon in my vehicles for many years until the inventor of the product died. Microlon does a great job cleaning the engine but I am less sure it is needed now that synthetic oil is used. Back in 1989 it was a great product for engines that take a beating.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:33 AM
DHS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Microlon engine treatment

So i have had the Microlon in for about three months, i think the engine is quieter at idle, but that is subjective! As for the temps I think I got a 5-10 degree reduction in oil temp at a steady 80 mph on the interstate with an outside temp of approximately 85 F. So not cheap but i feel even a little help in less engine ware is worth it.

Dan