Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Carlsson Compressor Kit

Old 09-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Carlsson Compressor Kit

Originally Posted by BlownSrt6
haha yeah, i'm planning on getting a new mas sensor to read boost, then running oil lines to a t3 turbo for a rear set up. all custom. all new pipes and stuff see how they are set up. there's a universal kit but its not on the web site and you have to set up your pipes from the turbo to the intake but that's easy. www.ststurbo.com
Looks like lots of turbo lag with the kit.

Old 09-21-2005, 02:40 PM

I'm with you RESPDOC, our boy HDDP is one of those yuppies with way more money than brains. He can't keep his tires on his rims and thinks he can add a SC and all the SCCA will do is make him run in d modified (good luck). I can't wait to see what happens when he takes it in to repair damage he sustained at one of the race tracks he goes to, because in his infinite wisdom, he has determined that his insurance company will pay as long as he isn't engaged in "Organized Racing". He doesn't realize that driving ON a race track also free's insurance companies from liability. He has said, so many things to show how ignorant he is about engines, suspensions, and auto's in general that most of his posts are laughable.

Old 09-21-2005, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6_Roadster
Looks like lots of turbo lag with the kit.
Actually, their claim is almost no turbo lag due to their unique waste gate. I would love to see someone put on a generic kit and see how it performs. I saw one installed on a pickup and it worked really well. I'm sure we could stand 6-7 LBS with no other mods. I don't know what would be required with the ECU, but I'm sure STS could help.
Go for it blownsrt tell us how you make out.

Old 09-21-2005, 09:00 PM
Forum Regular

I would like to hear someone who had the kit installed talk about turbo lag. That is a lot of pipe to pressurize. Not to mention that a blowoff valve will bleed of pressure when the throttle plate is slammed closed (e.g. during a shift) or the wall of pressure will slow the turbine.

I am sure the block and trans will handle the power.

Old 09-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you check out some camaro forums you will find some info on sts turbos, those guys love them, say almost zero lag.

Old 09-22-2005, 08:32 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by x'ed
if you check out some camaro forums you will find some info on sts turbos, those guys love them, say almost zero lag.
If I have some time to kill I will go check it out. Since there is no plan to replace the supercharger with a turbo, I am interested simply out of curiosity.

I would love to see one of the CrossFire boys / girls install it.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:59 PM

I just have one thing to say. Can you guys get off the stick, so to speak. So others can get the information on or about these S/chargers and/or Turbos. With all the BS in-between, it's really hard to get any real info on anything. Geez...Grow up! or take this Sh*t on your own e-mail and argue, **** Off, **** on, on your dime, Ok? I have vented...sorry if i offended any of the people who really want to find out cost, tech items etc, on there XF.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:28 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cross1
I just have one thing to say. Can you guys get off the stick, so to speak. So others can get the information on or about these S/chargers and/or Turbos. With all the BS in-between, it's really hard to get any real info on anything. Geez...Grow up! or take this Sh*t on your own e-mail and argue, **** Off, **** on, on your dime, Ok? I have vented...sorry if i offended any of the people who really want to find out cost, tech items etc, on there XF.
Email Carlsson if you want a price, specs, etc. This is a discussion forum. I agree that some have turned this into an argument but as the nature of the beast...unfortunately this happens with different fields of view...

Old 09-22-2005, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Epyon
and leaf springs.

the NSX still puts out track times that put lots of cars to shame.
and that's just with a 3.2 not a huge 427 (7 litres).
So you're saying that the vette is inferior because of the size of the engine? And leaf springs? Does it matter that is has a better skidpad number? Better slalom time? Shorter stopping distance? Acceleration, Top speed, etc., etc., etc. Best part is that big ole (small block) 427 gets better mileage than the NSX! The NSX is dead. It will return in a few years completely redesigned. Rumor has it that it will sport a V10. Lets wait and see. BTW NSX sale amounted to less than 9,000 in the US in 14 years. 18,000 worldwide.

Last edited by harry7; 09-22-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobbymanbill
I'm with you RESPDOC, our boy HDDP is one of those yuppies with way more money than brains. He can't keep his tires on his rims and thinks he can add a SC and all the SCCA will do is make him run in d modified (good luck). I can't wait to see what happens when he takes it in to repair damage he sustained at one of the race tracks he goes to, because in his infinite wisdom, he has determined that his insurance company will pay as long as he isn't engaged in "Organized Racing". He doesn't realize that driving ON a race track also free's insurance companies from liability. He has said, so many things to show how ignorant he is about engines, suspensions, and auto's in general that most of his posts are laughable.
Hobbydork... with all due respect, I don't have to worry about insurance if I destroy the car on the track... Unlike you who uses it as a daily driver, mine has now become my principal track car since I just purchased a new Elise for my daily driver... Now I can play with the Crossfire and gut it, experiment with it, rebuild it, to see what fun I can have with it... Sorry you can't...

Old 09-24-2005, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by HDDP
Hobbydork... with all due respect, I don't have to worry about insurance if I destroy the car on the track... Unlike you who uses it as a daily driver, mine has now become my principal track car since I just purchased a new Elise for my daily driver... Now I can play with the Crossfire and gut it, experiment with it, rebuild it, to see what fun I can have with it... Sorry you can't...
With all due respect... wouldn't the Elise make a better track car, and the Crossfire a better daily driver?

Old 09-24-2005, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by harry7
With all due respect... wouldn't the Elise make a better track car, and the Crossfire a better daily driver?
Simple answer... The Crossfire is now paid off... And I am seeing at least 2-3 Elise's at every track event I run... 0 - Crossfires... So, I'm on a mission...

Last edited by HDDP; 09-24-2005 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:57 AM

Any word on price and dates? In about 6 months, I'm hoping to be ready for some power.

Old 11-11-2005, 03:45 AM

Interesting... Need all the numbers please.

Old 11-27-2005, 04:43 PM

WOW > this is pretty intense...I was hoping to read some good info on a S/C. I think I saw this episode from General Hospital > all this love...So anyway is this S/C available or not? The STS has very little lag and I have seen its performance first hand. It will out perform any S/C application out there (in its price range). Its all on how you want under the hood to look. The STS can be a bit risky if the Crossfire is an everyday driver. The system will sit very low and can be easily damaged > but it will haul some serious ***. Now this assumption is not from a Crossfire > I have no idea how it would perform on it, I'm talking about the system in general.

Just remember this > opinions are like *** holes; everyone has one and they all stink...lol

Old 04-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Forum Regular

i am interested in hearing more about this... come on hddp get us some word on pricing !

Old 04-04-2006, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by intenseblu
i am interested in hearing more about this... come on hddp get us some word on pricing !
order@mh-dezentusa.com