Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Windshield surround and side strakes

Old 12-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Windshield surround and side strakes

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I was J/K as everyone is entitled to their opinions, but ask anyone who has seen them in person, they look damn good on my little buggy. IMO a LOT better than the cheap faded black plastic (the bits between the silver) on most peoples strakes.

My real end game is to fill the holes and finish the area and repaint - no strakes at all - like Ichon. I think this is simply the cleanest look around....
BoilerUp, what did you use to black out your side markers? Is that film, or paint? Looks good.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Windshield surround and side strakes

Originally Posted by bmorgan
BoilerUp, what did you use to black out your side markers? Is that film, or paint? Looks good.
Thanks BMorgan, I used a film kit from a company on ebay that had heads, tails, front sides and foglights. As my base does not have fogs, I stretched the fog light piece with a heat gun and patience and applied it to the rear side markers.

I wanted clears but I do not like the 'bubble out' look of the ones available today, not to mention $100 a pair is unreasonable for small pieces of plastic. If they still had the flat clear ones, I would consider those, but I think the blacked out look fits this car pretty well