Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Gone Vertical anyone else

Old 02-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gone Vertical anyone else

Who else has gone vertical ?

The following users liked this post:
crossfire419 (05-24-2021)
Old 02-26-2010, 04:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Gone Vertical anyone else

I dont get the point.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: Gone Vertical anyone else

Originally Posted by Infinite
I dont get the point.
Ok let me rephrase for u to get it. Vertical doors has anyboby else done this to there cars is that more clear for you.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Forum Regular

How much did that all cost? If you dont mind me asking. It looks good.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job and I like the 2 tone.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Went vertical in 2008.Always asked "...did that come from the factory that way?..." The most fun comment came from a group of kids at a car show "...look Mom & Dad, it's a Transformer..."

Old 02-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cassidyrj1
How much did that all cost? If you dont mind me asking. It looks good.
Yeah, what he said. I'd love to have that done...

I'm betting the $$ amount is going to be more than I want to pay though.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by tburris
Ok let me rephrase for u to get it. Vertical doors has anyboby else done this to there cars is that more clear for you.
apparently you dont get it.
lambo doors are utterly pointless, serve no purpose, and are a total waste of money.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:03 PM

I've always liked vertical doors, but only on certain cars. I wouldn't mind doing mine but I've seen problems with Randy's daughter's car. Any rubbing anywhere?

Old 02-26-2010, 03:23 PM

lambo doors are utterly pointless, serve no purpose, and are a total waste of money.
Real ones are designed so you can get out of your low car without opening the door all the way and hitting the car/pole next to you. Alot of the aftermarket ones swing out and up though, defeating the purpose. I think Koenigsegg dihedral synchro-helix doors would be pretty badass though, even if they didn't do anything .

Old 02-26-2010, 03:40 PM

First it is a matter of style. Some like it some don't. Using your logic would take style out of all cars and we would simply drive "efficient" non-descript econo boxes. YOUR opinion is so noted...YOU shouldn't install them on YOUR car.

Also, the primary reason I installed them is to allow me easier ingress and egress. Too often cars would park too close. With our wide doors and very low seating position, I found myself waiting for those people to come back to their cars and pull out so I could get in and leave. Since I purchased my SRT6, I have had some issues with my lower legs and ankles, they just don't bend like they used to. Having the door open up and away from the area by my feet allow me to sit down and simply swing my feet in and no more kicking the speaker grilles and lower panel of the door.

So in MY opinion, not only do they look good, but they truly serve a VERY functional purpose.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:48 PM

I haven't seen all the different ones offered. I used Vertical Doors solution (they actually hold the patent on the out and up design). They open to the first detent then go up. The opening distance is very short then they go up out of the way. With a car parked close to me, I can get in and out with relative ease. If the door opened straight up and not out at all, you would still need room between the cars if you want to get in or out.

Just my opinion, but I don't think the original designers designed them strictly as a device to get in and out of tight parking places. I would think the design appearance impact played a large part in its inclusion.

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
Real ones are designed so you can get out of your low car without opening the door all the way and hitting the car/pole next to you. Alot of the aftermarket ones swing out and up though, defeating the purpose. I think Koenigsegg dihedral synchro-helix doors would be pretty badass though, even if they didn't do anything .

Old 02-26-2010, 04:09 PM

lambo doors were cool when lamborghini first used them. then people came out with kits circa 2001 or so and the ricers went nuts. now lamborghini doesnt even use them. it serves no functional purpose. if you have a hard time getting out of your car with standard doors, either re-evaluate your parking skills or park somewhere else.

function over form. it might look cool but it doesnt really do ****.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:32 PM

Matter of preference I say and the point & purpose only need be understood by the owner. As to the waste of money, not if he/she feels the point & purpose is a good one.

I like the idea of lambo doors, but I just don't know that I would want to spend the kind of money necessary to make them right.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:38 PM

When you are young and healthy you may think you know it all.

One of my first posts was how someone dinged my door after only one week of ownership. I had parked on the roof of a parking structure. There were no other cars there. When I got back to my car there were three cars. Mine and another on each side of me. Because is was dusk and my car was black, I didn't notice the crease in my passenger side door until I had it in my garage and was wiping it down that evening.

I used to park at the far end of any lot just to keep my cars flanks ding free and allow me free and easy access.

Over the last couple years, due to medical conditions, things have changed and it became more difficult to get in and out even when there was ample room. Parking at the far end of the lot was also a problem for my legs. Even with a handicap tag in designated spaces, I still occasionally have inconsiderate people park too close.

I love my Crossfire and will get rid of it ONLY when I just can't drive it any more.

Your comments lack tact. If in your opinion you don't like something, then by all means don't participate! Giving your opinion is fine as long as it is expressed as your opinion. However, blanketly stating that something is "...utterly pointless, serves no purpose and are a total waste of money..." is immature not simply an opinion.

I know people who claim the same about the fact that our cars have only two doors and carry only two people. That is their opinion and they are welcome to it. But it does not excuse their lack of understanding that one man's trash is another's treasure. It is not so much what you say as how you say it.

lambo doors were cool when lamborghini first used them. then people came out with kits circa 2001 or so and the ricers went nuts. now lamborghini doesnt even use them. it serves no functional purpose. if you have a hard time getting out of your car with standard doors, either re-evaluate your parking skills or park somewhere else.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:41 PM

I understand where you're coming from...

.. but Lambo still uses them. They do have a functional purpose lol. Not worth $1500+ in my opinion, but to some people they are.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mr-lama
Yeah, what he said. I'd love to have that done...

I'm betting the $$ amount is going to be more than I want to pay though.
Not really only $1100 out the door only thing is I had them installed at the Factory that manufactures these hindges Vertical doors inc out of Corona Ca so i went for a 5 hour drive, also got lifetime warrenty on the hindges/Labor and a 3 year on the hydralic shocks. Check out there web site I checked out a couple places in AZ and it would have cost over $2000 without a warrenty

Last edited by tburris; 02-28-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mimi05SRT6
I've always liked vertical doors, but only on certain cars. I wouldn't mind doing mine but I've seen problems with Randy's daughter's car. Any rubbing anywhere?
Must have used cheaper brand the Vertical doors are car specific and bolt directly where the factory hindges go only minor fab to the inside of fender no rubbing great clearance others or copies may give you problems

Old 02-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Forum Regular

Apparently you are an idiot, if you dont like it its ok but dont be an a** some of us take pride in our cars and like to mod them to our liking. I like it and this is all that matters to me so have a nice day.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks to all for your positive and not so positive comments

Quick Reply: Gone Vertical anyone else