Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

My Parts Order Experience/Don't order parts from Chrysler Parts Center. com

Old 10-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My Parts Order Experience/Don't order parts from Chrysler Parts Center. com

I had something fall off of a dump truck and take out the driver side fog lamp of my 2005 Chrysler Crossfire. I ordered an SRT front bumper, fender liner, fog lamp cover, and signal indicator from Chrysler Parts - Call 800-385-0735 for Genuine OEM Chrysler Parts Parts and Accessories about a month ago. They refused to process my order without a vin #. I explained that the bumper would not match the vin # on my car and I would rather not give them the number to avoid confusion. They sent me back an email saying that they needed to speak with me because the part# didn't match the vin #. ( REALLY, YOU DON'T SAY).

So I call them and speak with "Frank". He apologizes for the confusion and gets my order back on track.... (about two weeks past my original order date). He told me that the parts were in stock and that they would be shipping in about a week. I begged him to contact me by phone, email, text if there were anymore hold ups because I had a body shop waiting on the parts an holding a slot for me in the paint booth. He said no problem.

Two weeks later, I log on to see the status of my order and it says CANCELED. I call up and Frank answers and says the fog lamp cover is on back order so he Canceled the entire order. I mean, we are talking a $4 4in x 4inch cover is on back order so lets cancel $600 worth of order and refuse to ship an entire front bumper, the liner, and signal light that helps keep my car legal AND not tell the customer either.

Now, I always have issues with orders, so this isn't new to me. Ground Control gave me the exact same run-around with their rear camber arms....., we have them, we don't we have them we don't, you can buy them, you can't , yes you can, no you can't, so par for the course as far as parts for the crossfire go.

Can someone recommend a reputable site/store to order parts? I mean, not just order them, but a place that has them and actually is in the business of shipping them out?

Old 10-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: My Parts Order Experience/ Don't order parts from Chrysler Parts Center. com

ChryslerPartsDirect.Com

Part Number: 5097959AA
access cover Left
PARTS: Part included with front fender liner. MSRP Core ? Online Price
$34.20 $0.00 $26.68

Part Number: 5098681AA
fender liner front Left
MSRP Core ? Online Price
$154.00 $0.00 $120.12

5159185AA - Bumper cover primed, w/SRT6
MSRP Core ? Online Price
$505.00 $0.00 $393.90

68020657aa - Fog lamp assy Left
MSRP Core ? Online Price
$292.00 $0.00 $227.76

Last edited by Bill F; 10-02-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: My Parts Order Experience/ Don't order parts from Chrysler Parts Center. com

I use these guys all the time: OE Discount Parts

Old 10-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mobilefitt
I had something fall off of a dump truck and take out the driver side fog lamp of my 2005 Chrysler Crossfire. I ordered an SRT front bumper, fender liner, fog lamp cover, and signal indicator from Chrysler Parts - Call 800-385-0735 for Genuine OEM Chrysler Parts Parts and Accessories about a month ago. They refused to process my order without a vin #. I explained that the bumper would not match the vin # on my car and I would rather not give them the number to avoid confusion. They sent me back an email saying that they needed to speak with me because the part# didn't match the vin #. ( REALLY, YOU DON'T SAY).

So I call them and speak with "Frank". He apologizes for the confusion and gets my order back on track.... (about two weeks past my original order date). He told me that the parts were in stock and that they would be shipping in about a week. I begged him to contact me by phone, email, text if there were anymore hold ups because I had a body shop waiting on the parts an holding a slot for me in the paint booth. He said no problem.

Two weeks later, I log on to see the status of my order and it says CANCELED. I call up and Frank answers and says the fog lamp cover is on back order so he Canceled the entire order. I mean, we are talking a $4 4in x 4inch cover is on back order so lets cancel $600 worth of order and refuse to ship an entire front bumper, the liner, and signal light that helps keep my car legal AND not tell the customer either.

Now, I always have issues with orders, so this isn't new to me. Ground Control gave me the exact same run-around with their rear camber arms....., we have them, we don't we have them we don't, you can buy them, you can't , yes you can, no you can't, so par for the course as far as parts for the crossfire go.

Can someone recommend a reputable site/store to order parts? I mean, not just order them, but a place that has them and actually is in the business of shipping them out?

Must be something they are all smoking! 5 thousand dollars worth of wheels.. order jacked up.. and they are gracious enough to let us add 700 bucks more to fix.. See my CarID lexani rants!

Old 10-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by grip grip
I use these guys all the time: OE Discount Parts
The parts at OE cost less than the site I posted. Total $670.14.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ordered Crossfire parts/accessories from Chrysler Parts, Dodge Parts, Jeep Parts - Authentic OEM Car & Truck Parts Direct | Factory Chrysler Parts and Factory Mopar Parts - OEM Auto Parts. Great experience ordering from both of these dealers. (One is in Georgia the other in Florida IIRC)

Old 10-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill F
The parts at OE cost less than the site I posted. Total $670.14.

I believe they offer free shipping on orders over $50 also.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: My Parts Order Experience/Don't order parts from Chrysler Parts Center. com

Oddly enough, Amazon had all the parts except for the bumper cover, for around the same prices w/ free shipping.

Old 11-30-2019, 12:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My Parts Order Experience/Don't order parts from Chrysler Parts Center. com

Old 11-30-2019, 10:58 AM
Received 340 Likes on 300 Posts

I assume those are new door panels? Where were they ordered from? You posted pictures but no info???

Old 11-30-2019, 11:22 AM

They are new door panels. Someone is interested in buying them, and the forums weren't allowing me to upload an image via private message, so I attached them here on the original post.

Old 11-30-2019, 11:23 AM

I just realized they were somehow attached to the wrong post. Sorry about that!