Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

NEW Fog Light housings, LED based. Who would want this to happen?

Old 01-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: NEW Fog Light housings, LED based. Who would want this to happen?

Wow, very nice! I just spent a million dollars installing LEDs and HIDs in my headlights, so I would definitely appreciate a group buy price!

Old 01-05-2016, 07:15 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are so much nicer to have in bad weather compared to stock from the testing done so far. We just need someone to fit a pair in the Xfire to see for ourselves.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Adrian_X
KEEP IN MIND, these require a bit of fitment work to go into our stock housings, but not too much, so expect a bit of work
I would be interested in what is needed to install and see pics of final install. Guessing it will be recessed instead of flush with the bumper. Not concerned about performance as I know they will be great,

I'd be very interested in a group discount buy.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:12 PM
Forum Regular

OK so we don't have a answer on a group buy yet but if possible, who would be in besides me?

Old 01-14-2016, 08:50 AM

I would be interested!

Old 01-14-2016, 09:05 PM
Forum Regular

Spoke to Matt actually, just forgot to post yesterday. He mentioned that the units at 170 for the pair are pretty much the best offer he can muster right now considering they are new products and costing him quite a bit to manufacture to begin with. They have sales here and there though, so there's always that if need be. Though honestly at 170 bucks for a set, it's much cheaper than the OEM alternative we have. Sorry guys, the most I could do is convince them to even make something that was universal to fit the housings fairly well.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Adrian_X
Alright ladies and gents, the units are done and ready to be bought at this point. Price is at a reasonable 170 for the pair of them. That's a far cry better than 200 per unit like the OEM models we usually find them at.

Here's the direct link:....Morimoto XB LED Fogs
Well that's kinda crappy. I looked at these last week and they were $170/pr. Now they are $200/pr. WTH? Do we have anyone that has done a How-To on this?

Old 01-19-2016, 04:03 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thoughts were tossed around on Facebook.. Popping the OEM "pod" out and using the holes to screw the LED module in place..

Old 01-19-2016, 04:11 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by eruby
Well that's kinda crappy. I looked at these last week and they were $170/pr. Now they are $200/pr. WTH? Do we have anyone that has done a How-To on this?

The group buy will have them at $170/pair. LOL
Just kidding, I think.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a little confused guy's so what is the story are the Led fogs for real or not.
I will be interested.in a set.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by steps
I'm a little confused guy's so what is the story are the Led fogs for real or not.
I will be interested.in a set.
"They" exist.. the thing is they are a "universal" fit.. translates to "figure out how to make them work".. The case on them is supposed to fit inside our housings.. as I illustrated above.. those pins "might" be a mounting point.. take the bracket off the LED ones and shim - screw through them to mount..

Old 01-19-2016, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
"They" exist.. the thing is they are a "universal" fit.. translates to "figure out how to make them work".. The case on them is supposed to fit inside our housings.. as I illustrated above.. those pins "might" be a mounting point.. take the bracket off the LED ones and shim - screw through them to mount..

I would like just to mount them and forget them . I'm getting to old for thr Rand D work will leave it for the younger guys.

Old 01-19-2016, 06:35 PM

This sounds like a job for Adrian_X!! I'm willing to PayPal $10 towards purchase, fitment work, and write-up. Who's with me?

Old 01-19-2016, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jocko124
This sounds like a job for Adrian_X!! I'm willing to PayPal $10 towards purchase, fitment work, and write-up. Who's with me?
i'm in I want to do as little as possible .
I now have to change my water pump first.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:48 PM
Forum Regular

Sorry guys, I only had my word in it to make something that would work for our brackets basically. I still have my stock fog lights in like new condition because they are covered with LaminX. Though, I will look to buy a broken set of the factory housings to use the new LED ones in them when I get the chance.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:49 PM

Hey if your going to go start a "GoFundMe" account.. I've got two busted fog lights.. and 3 spares so I'm a long way down the road of needing to do this..

But get 20 people on board and I'm there for ya!

Old 01-20-2016, 12:38 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

I see these fitting like a round peg in a square hole. The area between the light and the Crossfire body will act like a trap for road dirt and grit. That area has to be filled and filled neatly and smoothly to the front facia just like the OEM lights do.
I have an idea how to fix the broken glass. The member who was going to solve the problem with a new glass lens has been MIA for a long time now. I should resurrect that thread and see where and why it died.
Edit
The post was about glass headlight lenses, big bucks but no specific number, it just died.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-20-2016 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I see these fitting like a round peg in a square hole. The area between the light and the Crossfire body will act like a trap for road dirt and grit. That area has to be filled and filled neatly and smoothly to the front facia just like the OEM lights do.
I have an idea how to fix the broken glass. The member who was going to solve the problem with a new glass lens has been MIA for a long time now. I should resurrect that thread and see where and why it died.
Edit
The post was about glass headlight lenses, big bucks but no specific number, it just died.
What about using the plastic "blanks" used on the base models to fill up the area? I could see cutting a hole in one and mounting a round aftermarket in it. Problem is I haven't been able to find one or a part number for them either

Old 01-20-2016, 04:05 PM

I may just go to the drawing board and figure how to bolt on a light bar and add a bunch of Hella's like a rally car.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:44 PM
Forum Regular

OK I bit the bullet on the Retrofit Source lights. Price is back down from $200 to $170. I signed up for their newsletter and they sent a 10% off promo code good for 10 days. Shipping was $6.83 so out the door for $159.83. I will probably search and research before actually installing but I am just tired of looking at my broken fog.

If someone has a broken passenger fog and wants to talk about a trade or if I can remove the glass, my passenger fog is currently OK. Not sure if it will stay that way but currently ok. It's the older model with the silver cap but as of today, the cap is intact.

Quick Reply: NEW Fog Light housings, LED based. Who would want this to happen?