Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

"Lambo" doors for Crossfires

Old 03-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Old 03-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: "Lambo" doors for Crossfires

Wow...what a great install! Did you have it painted too?

Thanks for the pics!

Old 06-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another company offering vertical doors is lsd-doors.com. Their kits are vehicle specific and they are owned by kw suspension. I've ever seen a kit, but have heard no complaints.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:09 PM

Yes, have em go to lsd-doors.com and you will see the exact kit.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:21 AM

Hey Cyril the subs look great. Where did you get those enclosures? They dont seem to take up too much space. how much would they cost?

Old 05-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by P-DuBBs
Hey Cyril the subs look great. Where did you get those enclosures? They dont seem to take up too much space. how much would they cost?
It's all for sale:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=23634

Old 05-03-2008, 07:11 PM

yeah I looked into it for my car. Its 1800 installed at this place in Addison, Texas called Low Inc. Got recommended to go there by JR's Custom Auto (in case you've ever heard of them... one of the best custom car shops in Dallas). They only install one brand (which i forget, it was over last summer), which after doing much research I found was the highest quality brand, which is why they only install them. (I can see if i can figure out which brand it was).

HOWEVER!!! they did NOT recommend this for a daily driver because the struts which hold up the door give out after about a month of regular use, and you have to replace them. If you dont, the door will not stay up and when you open it it will slam back down and dent the fender. For a show car, they are great, but a daily driver, not so much. struts are $100 for it so if you open the door about 3 times a day, ur paying more or less a doller each time you open the door.

I can get you the number for Low Inc. if you want it. I still have their business card. The place seems kind of shady from the outside (and the inside too hah) but they do good work there and you shouldn't be too concerned. (although I wouldnt recommend showing up at 2 a.m. hah)

Old 05-04-2008, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by teXfire71
yeah I looked into it for my car. Its 1800 installed at this place in Addison, Texas called Low Inc. Got recommended to go there by JR's Custom Auto (in case you've ever heard of them... one of the best custom car shops in Dallas). They only install one brand (which i forget, it was over last summer), which after doing much research I found was the highest quality brand, which is why they only install them. (I can see if i can figure out which brand it was).

HOWEVER!!! they did NOT recommend this for a daily driver because the struts which hold up the door give out after about a month of regular use, and you have to replace them. If you dont, the door will not stay up and when you open it it will slam back down and dent the fender. For a show car, they are great, but a daily driver, not so much. struts are $100 for it so if you open the door about 3 times a day, ur paying more or less a doller each time you open the door.

I can get you the number for Low Inc. if you want it. I still have their business card. The place seems kind of shady from the outside (and the inside too hah) but they do good work there and you shouldn't be too concerned. (although I wouldnt recommend showing up at 2 a.m. hah)
I think that it is a misnomer regarding the struts giving out. I had the Lambo doors put on my daughters SRT over a year age and it is a daily driver. Although she does not open the door up every time she gets in and out, I have not detected any difference since day one. I am sure that struts may eventually wear out, but other then the PITA of removing the fender, they are easily replaced.

They cost me $1500 at the time, but now I think MJ Creations in Miami would charge $1000-$1200. The brackets were custom, it was not a kit. You can check out my gallery for a couple of pictures. Randy

Last edited by RMADERMAN; 05-04-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:02 PM

hey that sounds good. I remembered the name of the company i was thinking of... GT Factory.

But can u provide some contact information for the place you got yours done? I wouldnt mind 1200 for my doors to open like that, although they dont seem to open as far as the GT Factory which go all the way 90 degrees vertical (although they are pretty darn close......... so whatever )

Old 05-09-2008, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by teXfire71
hey that sounds good. I remembered the name of the company i was thinking of... GT Factory.

But can u provide some contact information for the place you got yours done? I wouldnt mind 1200 for my doors to open like that, although they dont seem to open as far as the GT Factory which go all the way 90 degrees vertical (although they are pretty darn close......... so whatever )
MJ CREATIONS MIAMI FL. LUIS 786-326-9411 Give him my name. Randy Daughter's Crossfire with the red accents.