General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

We Will Always Remember !!!

Old 09-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Received 535 Likes on 366 Posts
Default Re: We Will Always Remember !!!

I was at work when Cathy called and told me. I turned on the radio and listened for a few minutes.
Had about 15 people on the production floor. We simply stopped and prayed. I gave anybody who wanted it the day off.

On the screen was a view of the South Side of New York. A big hole in the sky where over three thousand innocent people had just died.

Spent the day unable to focus or comprehend any of it.
Spent the next day amazed by how polite everyone had become.

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 09-11-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was on leave and came home...I got home on the 10th...on September 11th, I was woke up in a screaming manner...I asked my wife what was wrong and she told me what had happen, I immediatly turned on the TV and watched it all...The moment that still haunts me is when some woman jumped to her death...I'LL NEVER FORGET!!!!

Old 09-12-2008, 12:10 PM

I was driving to a funeral. One of the people who worked as part of my team had suffered a huge tradegy - his son, who was bipolar and NOT taking his meds, killed his mother with an axe. She was a school teacher. When I arrived at the funeral, it was about 10:00 am and everyone was talking about what had happened in New York. Who could believe that such a violent murder could be overshadowed so completely by an even greater tradgedy?

Not only Americans stood still that day - everyone was shocked that such blatant disrespect for human life could be illustrated so dramatically.

I am not an American but I felt the pain too.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 517 Likes on 357 Posts

To my fellow members
I am reading all your posts with the sharing of your stories.
I think the best way to never forget is to share the moments with others.
Continue to post if you will and realize this may be the only thread ever started where we all seem to share the same thoughts.......

Valk (Gary)

Last edited by Valk; 09-12-2008 at 06:24 PM. Reason: wording
Old 09-12-2008, 06:13 PM

I was flying doing drug eradification with a no name drug task force when the news came over the radio. Things got real busy for us over the next few days. Did not see the news until late that day after flight hours had run out, plus some.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:54 PM

I was working in a high rise in south Boston, over-looking the horbor into east boston (the airport), had just come off the roof and went to the basement where someone was listening to a radio - they said a plane just crashed into the towers - we all thought it was a pipercub or small plane. Then we heard anothe rplane crashed into the towers again and that the planes were jets from Boston - we ran up to the roof and Logan was empty - no planes any where. They evacuated Boston and in the middle of the harbor was the tanker full of LNG,

My deepest sympathies to all of the families who lost loved ones on 9/11 and in the war against terrorism.

Geezer