General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please
View Poll Results: Would you support this community moving to a new site with new ownership?
Yes, you have my support
50.98%
No, I will stay here and hope for the best
23.53%
Uhhhh.... What???? There is a problem???
25.49%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Are you willing to move to a new site?

Old 02-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Are you willing to move to a new site?

Originally Posted by bmorgan
You're a good guy, Charlie Brown.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tighed1
Any interested party has my permission to download, store, backup anything I have contributed to the site for use on any other site for our use. Granted it's only a tiny, tiny bit of the vast info on this site but it's a start.

Julians phone number, address are easily found via google. I'm not sayin' google it but I'm just sayin'.

Should Julian offer to sell the info contained on this site to US count me in as a contributor towards the sale.

I have less than 1/2 dozen visits to the CiCC site. My home is here with you guys!

Crossfires for ever!
Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
I'm in total agreement there pal.

I honestly prefer it here in the cheap seats myself.

Best bunch of friends are always out in the bleachers where the real fun is for sure.

roadster with a stick
Agreed, 100%

I have been a member there maybe 6 months (CICCI) and have only logged in a handful of times, none recently, even with the issues here. That being said, I prefer this forum, everything from the people to the layout and would really like it if we could make this one work. The ball is in Julian's court.....

A big thanks to all those who are trying hard behind the scenes as well

Old 02-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll go wherever anyone else goes. I really appreciate the information on this forum. One question: If we move to a new forum, can we get the dead guy back?

Old 02-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Just sayin....Posting of Personal Information & Harassment
Be sure you know this and who posted it here.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why does that thread say "Posting of Personal Information & Harassment - 06-08-2008 until 12-31-2010 "?

why does it end on 12-31-10?

Old 02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have experienced problems with the site, but I would ask that people temper their emotions regarding those who have founded the site. Certainly it is a pain in the **** for us, but rather than talk of yet another site, I'd say give it some more time.

As a CICCI member not holding a seat of any office, nor am I interested, I ask that the CICCI BOD continue in its efforts to try and reach the powers that be and come to a resolution to maintain this forum in tact.

This is turning into a divisive issue and has the potential to becoming worse than anything experienced in the political forum. In other words, I ask in the nicest terms possible, everybody please chill out.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Original post was edited to comply with forum rules. Thanks for pointing it out.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by HowardJ
why does that thread say "Posting of Personal Information & Harassment - 06-08-2008 until 12-31-2010 "?

why does it end on 12-31-10?
It doesn't end 12/31/10 but "announcements" require parameters to be set on a yearly calendar and this was just a hypothetical date chosen.
It has no setting for "indefinite" amount of time.
The 6/8/08 was the date the original announcement was made.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Erzer
I too have experienced problems with the site, but I would ask that people temper their emotions regarding those who have founded the site.
Certainly it is a pain in the **** for us, but rather than talk of yet another site, I'd say give it some more time.

This is turning into a divisive issue and has the potential to becoming worse than anything experienced in the political forum.
In other words, I ask in the nicest terms possible, everybody please chill out.

My thoughts exactly.
I feel such a desire to CLOSE these kind of threads but I'm not the forum god to rule the world here so I just read on with more frustration.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Received 511 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Erzer
I too have experienced problems with the site, but I would ask that people temper their emotions regarding those who have founded the site. Certainly it is a pain in the **** for us, but rather than talk of yet another site, I'd say give it some more time.

As a CICCI member not holding a seat of any office, nor am I interested, I ask that the CICCI BOD continue in its efforts to try and reach the powers that be and come to a resolution to maintain this forum in tact.

This is turning into a divisive issue and has the potential to becoming worse than anything experienced in the political forum. In other words, I ask in the nicest terms possible, everybody please chill out.

Agreed.

The issue with the site,and the issues some may have with CICCI should not affect our enjoyment of the Car that brought us together.

I would hope that things work out with Julian. So far there are problems and worries but we seem to be able to get on most of the time and post our ideas, opinions and comments.

I would hope that the issues do not create rips that put the CAA at risk. That would be both a shame and a problem because the Gateway Crossfire Group has made financial commitments we must honor.

To toot our horn a bit, the CAA event is more than the Forum.Org, It is more than the CICCI. It is about friends, our love for cars, our fettish for this weird little anomaly of the automotive world, and a good Charity(or two) that will benefit from the gathering.

So let's have some charity for each other, for the site, and like ERZER suggests, just chill a bit.

Meanwhile there is some comfort in the CICCI people that they are motivated to help keep things together. Org is where they do the most recruiting. I cannot speak for them but it is in their best interest to keep the people at Org together. And happy.

I would suggest they are working on solutions.

Pressing the wrong nerve could end this all up in a dark screen, "site not found" I suggest we all walk softly.

franc

Old 02-01-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Agreed.

The issue with the site,and the issues some may have with CICCI should not affect our enjoyment of the Car that brought us together.

I would hope that things work out with Julian. So far there are problems and worries but we seem to be able to get on most of the time and post our ideas, opinions and comments.

I would hope that the issues do not create rips that put the CAA at risk. That would be both a shame and a problem because the Gateway Crossfire Group has made financial commitments we must honor.

To toot our horn a bit, the CAA event is more than the Forum.Org, It is more than the CICCI. It is about friends, our love for cars, our fettish for this weird little anomaly of the automotive world, and a good Charity(or two) that will benefit from the gathering.

So let's have some charity for each other, for the site, and like ERZER suggests, just chill a bit.

Meanwhile there is some comfort in the CICCI people that they are motivated to help keep things together. Org is where they do the most recruiting. I cannot speak for them but it is in their best interest to keep the people at Org together. And happy.

I would suggest they are working on solutions.

Pressing the wrong nerve could end this all up in a dark screen, "site not found" I suggest we all walk softly.
franc
THANKS FRANC,
ARE YOU AVAILABLE FOR HIRE HERE FOR "PUBLIC RELATIONS"

Old 02-01-2010, 06:08 PM

If Julian were to be attentive enough to notice the post, then he would surely be attentive enough to answer a phonecall, from a friend, who helps him run the very site with such a law. But, he has ignored the requests of Gary, FP, and others for assistance. Do y'all seriously think he would pop in to see who is posting his number?!?

In other words, if he bans bmorgan for posting info, but refuses to address NUMEROUS requests for assistance, that is pretty low in my opinion. It would be like a policeman ONLY answering distress calls from family, and letting the rest of the city rot.

I haven't contacted him via phone yet, but I disagree with the notion that we should just twiddle our thumbs until he decides to remember us.

We've tried that since.... oh I dunno.... late last year?!?! With how much luck? None.

So basically what we've agreed to do is:
  • not poke the bear
  • keep our seats
  • refuse to copy data so they don't get angry (whoever "they" is)
  • wait a little while longer and hope Julian likes us again

Last edited by JHM2K; 02-01-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:21 PM

I can understand the mixed opinions, and the desire to try to keep this site alive. That would be my choice as well if possible. When I made the offer to stand up a new site at my own expense, and to offer my 14+ years of software engineering experience, I did this because of my strong passion for this group, and a desire to ensure the longevity of this community. I did not, and do not have some grand get rich quick scheme designed in my mind. Due to some recent correspondence that I have received, I no longer wish to participate in or be a part of the negativity and accusations. I will withdraw my offer to assist this community. If someone else wants to take lead on this please do so. Otherwise, the moderators may close this poll. I wish everyone the best with resolving the issues this community faces, and hope we can at least get to the point where new members can join.

Thanks

Bob

Last edited by bmorgan; 02-01-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:27 PM

Julian most certainly should be seeing these threads as I send direct links to them to his email and facebook messages.
Ya can all rant til your blue in the face and your blood pressure peaks but if he chooses to not respond then it is what it is.
I have overcome my frustration since it accomplishes nothing
While .ORG is online and running I'm here
If and when it is not you can know that I will be continuing on with or without all you at CICCI

Old 02-01-2010, 06:33 PM

Julian most certainly should be seeing these threads as I send direct links to them to his email and facebook messages.
Ya can all rant til your blue in the face and your blood pressure peaks but if he chooses to not respond then it is what it is.
I have overcome my frustration since it accomplishes nothing
While .ORG is online and running I'm here
If and when it is not you can know that I will be continuing on with or without all you at CICCI
Are you frustrated with us, or him?

Not trying to be a smart@ss in the slightest... but based on the temperature of your last few posts, I'm sincerely wondering.

Pardon me if I happen to get annoyed when the pleas of friends fall on deaf ears. And I consider you, FP, and many many people on here to be friends. A network, a family of sorts.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Are you frustrated with us, or him?

Not trying to be a smart@ss in the slightest... but based on the temperature of your last few posts, I'm sincerely wondering.

Pardon me if I happen to get annoyed when the pleas of friends fall on deaf ears. And I consider you, FP, and many many people on here to be friends. A network, a family of sorts.
I'm frustrated with ALL OF IT. The entire situation sucks and the more that we discuss it the more intense it becomes.
When it comes down to it...no matter what anyone says here this site will run the way it does until Julian if ever does something about it.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:44 PM

Fair enough. Patience is a virtue... I'll try improving on it.

Cheers,

Old 02-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

OK, Franc kept me from "blowing a gasket". This site being a piece of crap, has nothing to do with the "car club" I belong to. So, let's try to keep it to the problem at hand...Some of us like the solitude of the club atmosphere...a quiet time if you will....it certainly isn't quiet on here anymore....Bob...you opened up a new site yet? LOL...I know I am out of here...regardless...this is pure BS....Open up a new site...and there are some us that will support it, period! Let those who love this BS, stay here....it's that simple...just like joining a club, if you don't want to, don't, but don't ***** to me because I did. I don't care....this is getting old, big time...

Old 02-01-2010, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
OK, Franc kept me from "blowing a gasket". This site being a piece of crap, has nothing to do with the "car club" I belong to. So, let's try to keep it to the problem at hand...Some of us like the solitude of the club atmosphere...a quiet time if you will....it certainly isn't quiet on here anymore....Bob...you opened up a new site yet? LOL...I know I am out of here...regardless...this is pure BS....Open up a new site...and there are some us that will support it, period! Let those who love this BS, stay here....it's that simple...just like joining a club, if you don't want to, don't, but don't ***** to me because I did. I don't care....this is getting old, big time...
Doc, please see post #53

Old 02-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the 3rd time I've seen this subject brought up. The first 2 spinoffs quickly ran out of gas and died a slow painful death. Well actually one is still on life support. The other did die in about a month. I don't want to go anywhere. It has occaisionally taken awhile for issues to be dealt with by the owner but he has always dealt with them in the past. I'm hoping he will do so again. It should also be noted that in these past attempts the ring leaders were taken out and shot. Be careful.

Quick Reply: Are you willing to move to a new site?