General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

My Mustang was DESTROYED

Old 09-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My Mustang was DESTROYED

I'd only worry about recovering my money. Revenge against a guy trained in armed combat might not be a good idea. He may be an a-hole but there is a good chance that he is an armed a-hole.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Received 109 Likes on 94 Posts

Deb

Your "Friend" appears to be in Jacksonville Florida. Click on the link and he is one of four listed in Florida. Its a decent site for tracking people or active companies.

Good Luck,
Dennis
Free People Search | 411.com

Old 09-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking Re: My Mustang was DESTROYED

Response: Make my day. You will lose your carry permit or be detained for making threats with a weapon. Like the movie Gran turino, just set them up and let them pull the levers to their own demise. Dont get in their sites though.

If they are going to shoot you there is little to stop them, Unlikely but they go to the big house. If they try to threaten you, great just burn them down.

Deb: Please start to record all your time spent, any costs expended, any efforts put toward the recovery of funds and car.

Record all calls, details, record all messages and retain them. Dates, Dollars, Time, Effort of other too.

Get the copy of the check front and back and any other physical evidence and put it in a box to keep it together. Record details. Easy to save, hard to recover/recreate.

Had a guy that I took to court, got a judgment. He did not show and the arbitrator told the judge that this guy was a "jerk". Guy told me that Id never see the money. He closed his business, stiffed the landlord, and all his employees with a smile.

Being from the IBM culture, I had a hunch about this guy and had a xeroxed one of his earlier check payments just in case for 'my insurance'. Went to his bank with the judgement, knew his account number (check) and GUESS WHAT he forgot to close his account. Got all of my money and the attorney fees and left him a hole in his account that he never forgot. YESS

Its easy to burn a toad, the time and anger is on your side. They will be looking over their shoulder knowing that they are exposed.

1. Get a good attorney. Mine is known in his Kiawanis club as the junkyard dog, comes on to you like Columbo or possibly Red wine - - Kapow.

Have all the facts sorted to assist the hired gun attorney

Consider the Fla states attorney. I am ASSUM ING you dont have a paper contract???????????? If you do there are legal terms for taking and defaulting leaving you with a debt/mess. See #1.

Get a mustang club bud to assist and make this better all way round. They could maybe do a mustang "habitat for humanity" barn raising event for you. Who knows you might luck out and pony up (yuck yuck ) to a former sniper mustang kinda guy.

Honestly I forget the conversion rates but from memory: ( Ford ASE standard rates )

Brownies: are like a battery R &R.

Brownies with NUTS: Maybe an oil change and fan belt(s).

Iced Brownies; in a pan, not cut: Typical water pump or starter.

Cookies; in a tin: Flush the radiator, and refill.

Cookies by request in wax paper in a tin: Valve cover gaskets or tune up.

Pizza and beer: 4 gas type Shocks installed, beer is to be provided after completion of the work.

Lunch out: Rotate tires, check pressures, cerify the alignment/wear pattern visually.

Lunch Picnic: Timing belt, and new idler pulley replacement

Lunch with wine: Call ahead, so I can give you my directions.

Plugs on a hi pro mustang, go off the chart and involve an X rating.

W dy, enjoy..............

Last edited by waldig; 09-09-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Forum Regular

Well a huge problem for me is I don't have the resources to go after this guy. I'm single with a mortgage that I do well to pay. No way I could hire attorney, investigators, etc. am probably just going to have to let it go. The ingrate will pay one day, and he will have a vehicle that needs repairs. I will let the sleeping dog lie and then hit where it will hurt the most... his pocket.

Just going to try and sell the car as is, and some bright man with tools can drop an engine in it and turn a profit. I just don't have any help to do something like that or even part it out.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Forum Regular

Sorry to have to go thru this, Deb. A Loss of Faith in humanity is a tough thing to feel.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:49 AM
Received 538 Likes on 366 Posts

Debra, My friend got the bad news today from his insurance. They totaled his Mustang.
He got barely enough to cover his loan. I had $5K in the car as well so I got completely hosed as well.

One beautiful GT convertible in now a parts car.

How did your deal fair? Is yours gone?

franc

Old 09-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Conciliation court costs almost nothing deb, and they usually go up to 7500. So I'd recommend getting a judgement, and at least getting a lien out there on him, that will make it hard for him to get credit or a loan of some sort. Then as someone mentioned if you know his bank you can have them served to hold any accounts he has. You don't even need the account number, at least here in Minnesota. I did that once and got my cash within about 10 days. It was alot easier than I expected.

I would also suggest that you go thru the courts only, notify the police of the situation too, seriously. The reason I say this is that basically he sounds like a sociopath to me, based on his lack of integrity and responsibility, as a "friend", and all the comments about how you'll never see a dime, he taunts you etc. this dude is not right upstairs, and I'd be a bit concerned. But you do have a check to begin with from him, if I'm not mistaken, so you do have his bank and account, so I'd start there with a judgement in conciliation court and go from there.

Last edited by mdaniels4; 09-15-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Florida is a garnishment state & judges don't take well to sociopaths who flaunt their dead-beat status. Have him served, mediate & take his money. As long as you have proof of debt you shouldn't have a problem. Fairly inexpensive to take care of & getting your money will be the best revenge. You will have to give him the vehicle if he pays for it. The other option is to go after him for the damage to the vehicle & the cost to get it back to Savannah. The State of Florida will make sure you get your money if it is owed to you. People from my job are in court several times a week garnishing people for car loans they didn't pay back - we ALWAYS win.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking Re: My Mustang was DESTROYED

Well you have many inputs and plenty of armchair lawyers trying to support you. Iam in a reminisce mood today so here goes this is for you; Johnny. Time to get what is yours.........

YouTube - Joanie Sommers - Johnny Get Angry (1962)
Woody

Old 09-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Forum Regular

Well thanks to Mike in Orange wife, I now have an address on this SOB. I will give him time to think I have forgotten all about, in the mean time I am planning my means of attack!!!

Hell has no fury as a woman scorned!!!!

Deb

Old 09-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Administrator
Received 903 Likes on 704 Posts

Just know that many, many of us here are pulling for you, Deb.

AND......... I'm off to bed. WHAT am I doing up this late?

Old 09-17-2010, 12:01 AM

Read the PM I sent you, fixing this car is cheap

Old 09-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Infinite
Read the PM I sent you, fixing this car is cheap
I know, but I have zero money to reinvest back into it. Do well to pay my mortgage these day! So it can become a permanent yard fixture... I have to look at it everyday. Makes me sick...

Old 09-17-2010, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Deborah Walker
I know, but I have zero money to reinvest back into it. Do well to pay my mortgage these day! So it can become a permanent yard fixture... I have to look at it everyday. Makes me sick...
I totally understand where you're coming from. If you want, pm me details and pictures, asking price, etc and I'll ask around and see if any of my buddies are looking for a project car or maybe see about parting it out.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I guess I missed this mess.....I knew something happened, but we didn't finish our conversation on facebook....
So, a couple of things come to mind, and I have friends in Jacksonville...so here goes, take the advice on garnishment. There was a deal made, and it is good enough to hold up in court. The other thing is, and correct me if I am wrong former Army vets, is he retired Army. It depends if he is truely retired or can be still called up for duty. If he can, then he could face punishment there as well...Provost Marshall could help with that, and you have some nearby where you live, and it is free info. They don't take kindly to fraud from one of their own....either way...his tone of "in your face" would peeve me off to no end....hell, let's just say it like it is, it would **** me off to point of hunting his sorry *** down...good luck....and if need be, I have friends there...one works for the city of Jacksonville, and I am sure we can point the sheriff's dept in the right direction...