General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

My Mustang was DESTROYED

Old 09-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Mustang was DESTROYED

OK so you would think at the ripe old age of 52 I would know better... but I am too kind hearted and that often gets taken advantage of.

I sold my 97 Mustang GT Convertible to a "friend" let him take it with only 1200 down and he was to pay me the remainder within a couple of month... soooo he takes the car, and within two months of having it, runs the car hot for an extended period of time and blows the engine.... he left it abandoned at a Chevron station in Jacksonville with my name and number on it... I get a call from the station owner telling me it has to be moved... so I drive to Jax... have the car towed to the Ford Dealership there... they diagnose the care and do a compression check on the engine... it is blown, zero compression.

I am sick over it, and have been for weeks now... hey its a new weight loss program!!! I can't eat, can't sleep....If ever I needed a man in my life it would be now. So now the "friend" thinks its all very funny and constantly messages me on my phone to rub it in. I don't know where he is, can't find him to even take him to court and this is all very funny to him. I must be the most stupid person in the world. Try to help someone only to have it come back and slap you across the face.

So I am stuck with a 5K piece of metal sitting in my driveway, with no way to do anything with it. The body is in excellent condition... no rust, no dents, for all the good that is. Going to fill it up with dirt and plant flowers in it!!!

Old 09-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Re: My Mustang was DESTROYED

Does the "friend" have a face that looks like a Pizza?

I think we know where to find him!

Old 09-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Forum Regular

LOL no, he is a retired Sgt. First Class from the army, is a shame to think he would do anyone that way.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear about your story. It's very hard to judge people these days -- he certainly is a loser and your lucky to be rid of him -- you don't need friends like that. I'd try to take him to court.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:08 AM

Deb, does he plan on paying you the remainder of what he owes you or does he figure, that since it's now officially dead, that he owes you nothing?

Old 09-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a the same kind of thing happen to me. He will get his, good luck.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Forum Regular

If you shot him it would be a justifiable homicide.

That kind of stuff just makes me sick. To think anyone would treat someone like that. How can he think it is funny to screw someone over? Hopefully he gets beaten with a pipe.

If at all possible try to take him to court and take everything he owns. Scum doesn't deserve to have anything.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What a jerk.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:45 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some people just suck!

Depending on how much he owes you, it may be worth your while to hire someone to track down where he is. I'm sure a PI could do it pretty easy. There are many ways to "Find" someone -- and I would expect they could check where he is generally located through cell phone triangulation. Anyway, good luck. This is why I don't sell anything to a "friend".

People like this will get their due in the end. The good news is, you will too. And your due for being a good trusting sole will pay off later.

Good luck.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you have a written purchase agreement? Take him to small claims court.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Received 538 Likes on 366 Posts

Deb, there is a solution or two for your problem.

A 357 will take care of your friend but you will still be stuck holding a pretty car with a bad engine.

The other is a lawyer. The car is easily worth more than a grand. Making it theft by deceit.
That he abandoned the car outside of your possesion means it doesn't matter if you had a bill of sale, title change or anything.

It means, essentially, he stole it. Even if he gave you a "good faith" payment.

Sue for value and damages. You actually have a case to have him arrested. Bet he pays up quick.

franc

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 09-08-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Administrator
Received 903 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by mr-lama
To think anyone would treat someone like that. How can he think it is funny to screw someone over?
Deb and I talked about this on the phone for some time last night.

The guy is a sociopath. Read about them here.

They don't have the normal empathy the rest of us take for granted. They don't feel affection. They don't care about others. But most of them are good observers, and they have learned how to mimic feelings of affection and empathy remarkably well.

A sociopath deceives, takes what he (or she) wants, and hurts people without any remorse. Sociopaths don't feel guilty. They don't feel sorry for what they've done. They go through life taking what they want and giving nothing back. They manipulate and deceive and convincingly lie without the slightest second thought

Getting him out of her life is the first step to survival... suing him for the money is secondary, important, but secondary.

It REALLY bugs me that this guy served his country in Iraq - I hate to find that one of these "everyday heroes" is also an "everyday sociopath".

Old 09-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Administrator
Received 903 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
That he abandoned the car outside of your possesion means it doesn't matter if you had a bill of sale, title change or anything.

It means, essentially, he stole it. even if he gave you a "good faith" payment.

Sue for value and damages. You actually have a case to have him arrested. Bet he pays up quick.

franc
And with THAT thought in mind,

Hey, Deb .... maybe the same lawyer helping you with the accident last year can help you (or at least advise you) with this?

Old 09-08-2010, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
And with THAT thought in mind,

Hey, Deb .... maybe the same lawyer helping you with the accident last year can help you (or at least advise you) with this?
I hate to be interpreted as sexist but Deb, you don't need a man right now. You need a lawyer. May I suggest a female one with some connections, attitude and a chip on her shoulder against the masculine sex.

franc

Old 09-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Deborah Walker
LOL no, he is a retired Sgt. First Class from the army, is a shame to think he would do anyone that way.
Well if he's really a retired Army Sgt. First Claas and you can't find him, I'm sure there are plenty of Army guys here on the site that can hunt him down.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:10 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

The most lacking characteristic in people these days........INTEGRITY.
What a shame that even a "friend" would do this to you.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:05 PM

Hi Deb, sad news , I hope you didn't sign the title over to him did you? If you didn't at least you have $1200. to get repairs started, if its as clean as you say its worth a nice new motor and you'll be all set. If you did give the jerk the title , lawyer is the way to go. good luck , see you at the dragon. You should have advertised the mustang on this site, much nicer people to deal with!

Old 09-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Deb, my wife may be able to locate him for you. She's a licensed Private Investigator with 25+ years experience, and ex law enforcement. She's done more locate work than you can shake a stick at, and has found people with nothing but a cell phone number or email address. She has a special place in her heart for guys who take advantage of nice women. Feel free to PM me and I can see about getting the two of you in touch.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kurts
Deb, does he plan on paying you the remainder of what he owes you or does he figure, that since it's now officially dead, that he owes you nothing?
I will never see a dime out of him, he has disappeared. He leaves text messages laughing at me about the whole thing.

Last edited by Deborah Walker; 09-08-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Deborah Walker
I will never see a dime out of him, he has disappeared. He leaves text messages laughing at me about the whole thing.
Theft is theft. Even though you have recovered your property, call the police.
After they tell you where you stand, you may want to call your insurance company.

When the dust settles, I have someone interested in the car.

What's the color?
Manual or auto?

franc

Quick Reply: My Mustang was DESTROYED