General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

What? No Wave?

Old 09-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What? No Wave?

I have been a biker for many years. I have been a Jeep guy for many years. There are forums for Jeeps and bikers. Of course, there are forums for Corvettes and just about any other vehicle you can imagine.

One of the big topics of discussion on these boards is "The Wave". On the Harley forum, you regularly get a thread that starts with something like "I wave at every other biker I see, but I noticed a lot of BMW riders don't wave back. That really bothers me. Do they think they're too good for everyone?" ... or in the Jeep forums, someone laments how driving a non-lifted Grand Cherokee, he is denied "The Wave" by many in lifted CJ's...

Why don't Crossfire people wave at each other when we pass in the street? If we did, we could have threads here about how someone in a base coupe felt slighted because someone in an SRT6 didn't wave back at them!

Old 09-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What? No Wave?

Drive to Sweden and I'll gladly wave!

Old 09-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Administrator
Received 903 Likes on 704 Posts

I waved at a lady in a Red Roadster just like mine last fall, in Peachtree City, GA.

She looked at me like I was driving a Chevy Chevette.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wave at every crossfire fire I see, maybe 1 or 2 a month. in the Rochester area I have seen a yellow roadster, a white roadster,2 black roadsters, plus mine, a white ,black, gray coup.and a gray SRT6 in Fairport. Most of my sitings are in the Greece and Park ave area. If you see me , give me a wave

Old 09-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have never passed another Crossfire. But, I will be sure to wave as I pass Crossfires next week at the Dragon.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I seldom see another Crossfire while I'm driving mine. But I sure get a lot of thumbs up from drivers of other cars.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

My "Wave" usually consists of one finger followed by verbal slander. But I always wave with all fingers to a crossfire, no matter what model. The problem is they never wave back. So then the one finger wave and verbal slander happens...

Old 09-25-2010, 09:06 PM

Ehh.. I'm not a big fan of the wave unless you know the person. If I saw acrispy I'd wave, if it was some random dude I probably wouldn't.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was driving home from the beach in July a black Crossfire came up behind me and as they were passing they slowed down and paced with me, I gave the driver a thumbs up, she smiled and then drove off.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
Ehh.. I'm not a big fan of the wave unless you know the person. If I saw acrispy I'd wave, if it was some random dude I probably wouldn't.
From my personal experience of driving literally thousands of miles across this country, there's a cultural difference between drivers living in the congested areas of the NE and those in the heartland and south.

I've traveled many two-lane roads out on US and county highways where people either wave or acknowledge a passing driver by lifting a figure off the steering wheel and giving a friendly smile. It didn't matter what car you are driving. And most of them were locals driving pickups.

Last edited by InfernoRedXfire; 09-25-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
From my personal experience of driving literally thousands of miles across this country, there's a cultural difference between drivers living in the congested areas of the NE and those in the heartland and south.

I've traveled many two-lane roads out on US and county highways where people either wave or acknowledge a passing driver by lifting a figure off the steering wheel and giving a friendly smile. It didn't matter what car you are driving. And most of them were locals driving pickups.
True.. I love driving through Pennsylvania. People understand the traffic system. People in the left lane move over for faster traffic, I don't find myself in emergency situations because of other people's stupidity. It's alot more relaxing, and easier to drive the right way.
Around here there seem to be alot people behind you that want to fly by you, cut you off, slam on the brakes and make the next sharp right all without using a blinker. If you hit them, its your problem. It kind of makes you drive more protective of the space in front of you and makes you recognize patterns in the stupid things people do so you can block them from doing them before they try to.. so you don't have to pay to fix their car. Very stressful.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:38 AM
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm from a small town and it's rare to see another Crossfire so when I do I go BANANAS!
I honk, wave, yell, flash lights, whatever to get the other persons attention.

So if you are in southern Arizona and are approached by a grey coupe or blue roadster (SRTs) and some crazy dude is flailing his arms at ya, don't be concerned, it's only me!