General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Basic Training Graduation - Proud Parents

Old 01-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Basic Training Graduation - Proud Parents

Last Thursday my son graduated from Army Basic at Fort Jackson, SC. My wife and I are very proud of him and wish him well for his future. He is with the Indiana Guard. His next step is to go to Officer's Candidate School sometime this summer then on to possibly fly helo's but who know's what the Army has in store for him. I'd put up some picture's but that's not working yet. We went down there to watch and also pick him up then down to Port Richey, Fla. to visit the father in law. That is a lot of driving in 4 days.

Last edited by Larry Hitze; 01-25-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Basic Training Graduation - Proud Parents

Originally Posted by Larry Hitze
Last Thursday my son graduated from Army Basic at Fort Jackson, SC. My wife and I are very proud of him and wish him well for his future. He is with the Indiana Guard. His next step is to go to Officer's Candidate School sometime this summer then on to possibly fly helo's but who know's what the Army has in store for him. I'd put up some picture's but that's not working yet. We went down there to watch and also pick him up then down to Port Richey, Fla. to visit the father in law. That is a lot of driving in 4 days.
I can see you smiling all the way down here Larry. He will do you and all of us proud.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How did all of you fit in the Crossfire??? J/K of course, I'm sure you're a very proud papa.

BTW use www.photobucket.com after you load the photo they provide you with the string to post the photo on the forum without the need of the "picture button". I've been using it for a couple of years now.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats to your son and to the family. We appreciate his service and wish him the best in what ever the Army has in store. The sand hills of Ft. Jackson, I hope you enjoyed your visit.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I can see you smiling all the way down here Larry. He will do you and all of us proud.
Thanks Doc, He already has.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
How did all of you fit in the Crossfire??? J/K of course, I'm sure you're a very proud papa.

BTW use www.photobucket.com after you load the photo they provide you with the string to post the photo on the forum without the need of the "picture button". I've been using it for a couple of years now.
Thanks, We used the Challenger instead for this one. I'll give that a try with the photobucket. I was going to once before but didn't.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bigkid
Congrats to your son and to the family. We appreciate his service and wish him the best in what ever the Army has in store. The sand hills of Ft. Jackson, I hope you enjoyed your visit.
Thanks, We do like it in that area and have made many trips to N\S Carolina. Next month we have to help my daughter that lives at Fayetteville\Ft. Bragg area move back home with her baby while here husband spends some time over seas, so we'll be back down there. I think that this is about 6 trips there in the last 12 months.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations and best of luck to your son we appreciate his service and can understand the sense of pride you feel, I know the graduation ceremony can put a lump in one's throat....

Old 01-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Larry! I wish your soldier well!

Old 01-26-2011, 08:08 PM

I think I got a picture or 2 to attach to the thread of his graduation at Fort Jackson.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCN2300.JPG (1.59 MB, 17 views)
DSCN2279.JPG (1.29 MB, 13 views)
DSCN2281.JPG (1.58 MB, 12 views)
DSCN2294.JPG (1.24 MB, 12 views)
Old 01-26-2011, 08:41 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Congratulations to you and your son.

I hope he gets to fly H60's....

Old 01-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats to your son!

Old 01-26-2011, 09:34 PM

Congrats, you sound like a very proud Pop, and rightfully so. We can never thank our Service Men and Women (and their famlies) enough for all that they do.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:46 PM

The military does an amazing job with the recruits. My son and daughter are amazing young adults, one a combat medic who finished his term then just signed up with the Green Berets, and the other is a hospital corpsman at Camp Pendleton. They are in great shape mentally and physically, found their direction, learned how to stand up for themselves and others. I am in awe. And what a wonderful ceremony they present. Congratulations. I know you are so proud.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:55 AM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: Basic Training Graduation - Proud Parents

Thanks, We do like it in that area and have made many trips to N\S Carolina. Next month we have to help my daughter that lives at Fayetteville\Ft. Bragg area move back home with her baby while here husband spends some time overseas, so we'll be back down there. I think that this is about 6 trips there in the last 12 months.
Good to keep her away from the situations many women whose SOs are deployed face there. Knew of several when I was stationed at Bragg

FWIW, unless you are one of those Dennis Miller types, a visit to the Barbecue Hut might be in order

unless your arteries are already clogged, in which case ... never mind.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jesus_Christler
Good to keep her away from the situations many women whose SOs are deployed face there. Knew of several when I was stationed at Bragg

FWIW, unless you are one of those Dennis Miller types, a visit to the Barbecue Hut might be in order

unless your arteries are already clogged, in which case ... never mind.
Thanks for that. My arteries are not clogged yet but I'm working on it. I'li try to remenber that place, ya gotta love a good BBQ.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:05 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind sentiments, much appreciated.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:41 AM

Hey. I congratulate yours on the end of the university. He's done. I graduate from this university this year. But I have one problem. I can not write a graduation paper. And your son himself wrote a graduation paper? I will buy a promissory note here - PapersOwl it is a service that provides services for writing research papers of different types. If your son wrote a graduation letter himself, then he is a fine fellow. I could not. Thank you very much for your attention, please, wish me good luck.

Last edited by MartyLinda; 07-17-2018 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:37 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by MartyLinda
Hey. I congratulate yours on the end of the university. He's done. I graduate from this university this year. But I have one problem. I can not write a graduation paper. And your son himself wrote a graduation paper? I will buy a promissory note here - PapersOwl it is a service that provides services for writing research papers of different types. If your son wrote a graduation letter himself, then he is a fine fellow. I could not. Thank you very much for your attention, please, wish me good luck.
Seven year old thread, these servicemen/women could be long past their service time.

Old 11-06-2018, 03:07 PM

I just saw this, wow am I behind. Has to be a scam.