General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Gas Prices... Again

Old 02-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Gas Prices... Again

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
I wonder, Are there any Crossfires in Alaska?

They pay dearly for fuel up there.

roadster with a stick
I saw and talked to a Crossfire owner in Juneau 3 years ago, Utah plates. He shipped it north for the season ,he only had about 8 mies of road to drive on. Preimum gas 92 octane is selling here in Edmonton for 107.9 to 121.9 a liter,about 4 to 5 bucks a US gallon

Old 02-25-2011, 07:18 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny you say that....my mother says the exact same thing. I totally agree with her. They will keep allowing gas to jump up in price in large increments to only fall a fraction of the way back down until we are at $5/gal. She figures once we hit that mark that it will stabilize for a while any way.

If you think about it, what better way to not-force people to buy more fuel efficient cars - to lessen our dependence on foreign oil and to reduce CO2 emissions.

KrzyFast

Originally Posted by onehundred80
They do that to us all the time, but they must realize that we get a terrible shock each time.
So to minimize the shock when prices go down they do it a penny at a time very slowly, that's real considerate of them I feel.

Somehow it never goes down as much as it went up, strange that.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What? Me worry?

Another man that could care less about the cost of fuel. Limo fuel, jet fuel, yacht fuel ... no matter.

And of course this man plans on burning it all before he dies ... no matter what.

One ugly SOB. Crazier than Charlie Sheen.

Last edited by Kane; 02-25-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Kane
What? Me worry?

Another man that could care less about the cost of fuel. Limo fuel, jet fuel, yacht fuel ... no matter.

And of course this man plans on burning it all before he dies ... no matter.

One ugly SOB. Crazier than Charlie Sheen.
How do you know that isn't Charley Sheen....he's on his jet somewhere with all his women....

Old 02-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kane

OMG, could they be twins at birth or what?

Old 02-25-2011, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
OMG, could they be twins at birth or what?

I don't thinkk Ali Gidori can grow a stache.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:10 AM

Maybe we should start protesting out government for the high taxes

Old 02-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got back from Florida in my Challenger an hour ago. The highest I saw was 3.49 for reg. the lowest was 3.09. Most of the time it was around 3.29. Indy area was 3.39.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:17 AM

Gas price in Tasmania, Australia is US$6.75 per gallon for Premium[pure 95 RON], no ethanol. Cannot buy Premium/Ethanol mix here in Australia, only Regular Unleaded with 10% Ethanol, called E10.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

3.44 a gal this morning and going up. Diesel, which thank god I don't have to buy myself anymore is, 3.79 a gal. It would cost me $1137.00 at today's price to fill the big rig. I would use about 80-100 gallons a day on a 5 day work week. That would be about $1800 a week on the average. Glad my company pays that bill today. I don't see an end in sight. Look for the $5 to happen.

Last edited by oledoc2u; 02-27-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Received 517 Likes on 356 Posts

Meanwhile, the oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico are leaving for safer water's.

Gulf coast oil workers, AKA Louisiana "middle class" are begging the White House for their jobs back.

Whats up with That?

roadster with a stick

Old 02-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Talking Re: Gas Prices... Again

Well my new commuter car got 37.5 miles to gallon, 200/hwy/193 city . Driving the speed limit on hwy 20 miles

at 70, 20 at55/65 and 10 in varing traffic . This has cut my gas cost in half was spending 0ver 400 a

month now 200. 600 miles a week http://www.ford.com/cars/fiesta/ i got the lime green

Last edited by texas t; 02-28-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by KrzyFast
Funny you say that....my mother says the exact same thing. I totally agree with her. They will keep allowing gas to jump up in price in large increments to only fall a fraction of the way back down until we are at $5/gal. She figures once we hit that mark that it will stabilize for a while any way.

If you think about it, what better way to not-force people to buy more fuel efficient cars - to lessen our dependence on foreign oil and to reduce CO2 emissions.

KrzyFast
How do you figure tht?
If we cannot punch a hole int he ground Stateside, from where will we get oil?
I'm sure at $5.00 a gallon we can justify Ethanol.
At $5.00 a gallon they will find a way to pump it out of the mid Atlantic Rift.
Meanwhile the Arabs will pumpt theirs dry. And the chineese will drill for it anywhere. first, cheap toys, then TV sets, Steel and microwaves. Now cars, computers, printing and pharmacueticals. Why not get our oil for the chineese as well.

One stop shopping?

Say bye bye to the US dollar.

roadster with a stick

roadster with a stick

Old 02-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Small cars don't carry large groups of people.
Small cars don't pull boats, campers, or a work trailer

In fact, small cars are only good for commuting one or two @sses to work daily, and for that they are fine.
But, if you need to do the other things, a bigger vehicle is a requirement and having the "Extra" or "small" one a "luxury."

A minivan or and SUV can carry 6 or 7 people at 15 MPG. Beats the efficiency of your roadster's 2 butts at 30 MPG by 43%

That's 105 butt miles per gallon to 60.
You know that math only works if you're actually filling the vehicles. But looking at all the folks commuting to work in the lanes next me, riding solo in those big SUVs, the math just doesn't favor them. 1 person in an 18mpg SUV is not even close to the efficiency of one person in a 30mpg small car.

And I'd take a 2012 Ford Focus over any SUV on the road today. That has nothing to do with any political ideology, environmental advocacy, or anything other than I simply have no need for an SUV, nor do I like them from a driving perspective at all. And I just prefer the overall driveability (ie, the "fun factor") of smaller cars. Lucky for me that my automotive preferences play well into high gas prices.

Now, if you need a large vehicle for work, or to tow a boat or camping trailer, then you need one. My next door neighbor owns a plumbing business and recently dumped his big van for a Ford Transit Connect. All the space he needed, but he now gets 27mpg instead of 15mpg, it's easier to park, fits in his garage, etc. But he still has a full size pickup to tow his 30' fishing boat.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:35 PM

Meanwhile, the oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico are leaving for safer water's.

Gulf coast oil workers, AKA Louisiana "middle class" are begging the White House for their jobs back.

Whats up with That?

roadster with a stick
Hang in there Franc. They finally approved one deep water well permit. Obama approves one deep water well permit.

Only 14 or 15 more to go.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:20 AM

Tragedy , on Wed. when I pulled in the gas station where I've been buying "pure" 92 for the last couple of years....."no gas" signs were on the pumps.....the owner came out & told me he's losing the station....shook my hand....I guess I was one of his best customers. Bummer, the station was right on the way to work.

I'm depressed now .

Old 03-03-2011, 10:48 AM

REMEMBER. IF you have a Crossfire with an automatic transmission use the OVERDRIVE. A simple little push on the lever to the side. MPG goes up. Gary

Old 03-03-2011, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by arado
REMEMBER. IF you have a Crossfire with an automatic transmission use the OVERDRIVE. A simple little push on the lever to the side. MPG goes up. Gary
Gary, I was unaware that our Autosticks had 6 gears.

Isn't "D" the overdrive?

roadster with a stick

Old 03-03-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Hang in there Franc. They finally approved one deep water well permit. Obama approves one deep water well permit.

Only 14 or 15 more to go.
It won't be easy. This from Forbes;
On Monday, the Obama administration announced that it had granted its first permit for deepwater drilling since the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Salazar testified Wednesday morning before the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Subcommittee, but he apparently decided the best defense was a good offense.

Salazar criticized a string of decisions from a Louisiana federal judge critical of the Energy Department’s burdensome regulatory restrictions, saying those rulings represent an inappropriate infringement on Interior Department prerogatives.

On Feb. 17, Judge Martin Feldman gave Salazar 30 days to rule on five pending requests for drilling permits.

“The judge in this particular case, in my view, is wrong and we will argue the case, because I don’t believe that the court has the jurisdiction to basically tell the Department of Interior what my administrative responsibilities are, so that will be argued in the court at the right time,” Salazar told the Senate committee.

Oil is a world priced commodity.
I don't think it matters so much to the price of oil if we drill here or not. But at least the oil we mine here in the States puts people to work here. And stops sending borrowed money out of the country.

I think we have financed enough Hotels and Office towers in Bahrain and Qatar, don't you?

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 03-05-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:07 PM

Seems only fitting to post this; yes it's from an email many of you have seen but nonetheless is fitting

Garfield on the oil crisis

A lot of folks can't understand how we came to have an oil shortage here in our country.
~~~
Well, there's a very simple answer.
~~~
Nobody bothered to check the oil.
~~~
We just didn't know we were getting low.
~~~
The reason for that is purely geographical.
~~~
Our OIL is located in:
~~~
ALASKA
~~~
California
~~~
Coastal Florida
~~~
Coastal Louisiana
~~~
North Dakota