General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Is a self charging electric car possible?

Old 10-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is a self charging electric car possible?

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
It's been a LONG time since I read something this ignorant on CrossfireForum.
Now, just what was it - oh yea, the time that guy posted that he found the love of his life on the internet.
After 5 years we will know who is real ignorant. besides gt111 Nissan also developing a self charging car search it from google.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Forget that ---- where were you this weekend?
Hey Mark.... I hate that I missed out on the trip, but life thew me a few curve ***** the last couple of months. I had several medical conditions hit me.... one right after the other. Time in the hospital, and a couple of surgeries. I am on the road to recovery now, thank goodness. I reached a point where I had literally forgot what it felt like to feel normal. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone again, and also meeting others that were not there last year. I will just look forward to the spring trip.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by moore986100
After 5 years we will know who is real ignorant. besides gt111 Nissan also developing a self charging car search it from google.
I'm sure "self charging" does not mean to you what it means to me. Maybe you mean this car can plug itself into the electrical outlet. I guess that would make it "self charging".

The energy has to come from somewhere. If you deny that - you REALLY should spend some time in school.
No need to wait 5 years.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Hey Mark.... I hate that I missed out on the trip, but life thew me a few curve ***** the last couple of months. I had several medical conditions hit me.... one right after the other. Time in the hospital, and a couple of surgeries. I am on the road to recovery now, thank goodness. I reached a point where I had literally forgot what it felt like to feel normal. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone again, and also meeting others that were not there last year. I will just look forward to the spring trip.
I know a LITTLE about that... spent 5 days in the hospital in August. No surgery, but got a lot of morphine!

See you in the spring!

Old 10-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I know a LITTLE about that... spent 5 days in the hospital in August. No surgery, but got a lot of morphine!

See you in the spring!
LOL.... yeah, I had more than my fair share of fentanyl.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 10-08-2011, 12:25 AM

I'm sure "self charging" does not mean to you what it means to me. Maybe you mean this car can plug itself into the electrical outlet. I guess that would make it "self charging".

The energy has to come from somewhere. If you deny that - you REALLY should spend some time in school.
No need to wait 5 years.
from the way you reply to my message and the logic u use. now i know you are ignorant in electrical and electronics. i don't need to argue to the people who do not really understand the way how electrical energy is produce.

but mark my words gasoline or any fuel will phase out very soon!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by moore986100
from the way you reply to my message and the logic u use. now i know you are ignorant in electrical and electronics. i don't need to argue to the people who do not really understand the way how electrical energy is produce.
Oh, this is a good laugh.... You have no idea who you are talking to.

Pizzaguy
(do not assume that someone's screen name is an indication of what they have done to earn a living for 30 years.)

Old 10-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, this is a good laugh.... You have no idea who you are talking to.

Pizzaguy
(do not assume that someone's screen name is an indication of what they have done to earn a living for 30 years.)
LMFAO!!!! the proof is in the youtube video bro, you're ignorant

Old 10-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
When will I learn - anything found on the internet (and especially Wiki or Youtube) trumps, well, everything.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Banned

Go ahead, pizzaguy. Tell downwardspiral how you have made a 30-year career. As an EE, perhaps? No?

But, then again, the proof is on youtube. When will you ever learn.

Is free energy sorta' like free Obama money?

Last edited by Kane; 10-08-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is what the OP is looking for!

The sketch pretty much says it all. Zero pollution from this closed cycle design.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I know how it works!

f'ing magnets.. how do they work?!

Old 10-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There has been a lot of research into recovery of kinetic and thermal energy. The only stuff I can remember showing any real promise is turbochargers (of course) and regenerative braking. But with regenerative braking you need a place to store the energy you've recaptured. That means either an electric battery or some other form of kinetic or thermal storage. The kinetic option has almost always been a heavy flywheel sort of device spinning at high speed. Electric vehicles have a ready place to store energy converted to electricity and that's pretty stable. Kinetics like the flywheel are very short term storage options as they lose energy pretty quickly from friction.

The problem as others have already pointed out, is that the conversion process is far from perfect. There will always be frictional and thermal losses as well as aerodynamic drag which is another form of friction not to mention mechanically / chemically imperfect conversion of energy from one form to another. Some of this research has shown that recovery and storage can be significant but it's far from 100%. I've seen figures of ~65% efficiency for a flywheel storage system and ~35% for electrical batteries.

Formula one has implemented a flywheel type system in the transmission of its cars called Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS). The system only adds 55 lbs to the weight of the car but its storage potential is limited. That's OK in a race application where the car is constantly alternating between acceleration and deceleration. Not so useful for steady state cruising on an interstate.

I've also heard about a hydraulic storage system for kinetic energy but I can't remember much about it and it doesn't seem to get much press coverage.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Is a self charging electric car possible?

As an EE I have to say I gotta leave this thread, I am afraid of guilt by association. Moore (6 posts on hyper bs ) talks like he knows something, the car he points out it a technical fraud and any uneducated enough to actually believe in it is stupid.

Need to find a more informed peer group. Free energy - as they say " THERE IS YOUR SIGN"

Woody

Old 10-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Angry Re: Is a self charging electric car possible?

Moore : TROLL BE GONE1

Old 10-09-2011, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by waldig
As an EE I have to say I gotta leave this thread, I am afraid of guilt by association. Moore (6 posts on hyper bs ) talks like he knows something, the car he points out it a technical fraud and any uneducated enough to actually believe in it is stupid.

Need to find a more informed peer group. Free energy - as they say " THERE IS YOUR SIGN"

Woody
ok i have no right to convince you guys you got to see it to believe it. it is in the forum and youtube. video in youtube is news video from GMA network the biggest tv network in philippines. wait until available in market after mass production but status right now is under negotiation between europian company and the inventor. by the way thanks everybody for ready my post.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think I know how it works!

f'ing magnets.. how do they work?!

Don't laugh, it worked at the All American Soap Box Derby back in the early 70's.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Now the soap box derby I have been to....go electric, then gasoline, then electric, then gasoline...then....it's the only perpetual motion I know that works to date...keep inventing fellas...

Old 10-09-2011, 11:56 AM

That soap box car that was disqualified was because the front of the car had a magnet that attracted the trap door that holds the cars on the hill. When the doors went down that car got a little pull to nudge it forward at the start and it beat the others.

Me, Id hire the kid and put him on my design staff in a NASCAR team, thats thinking out of the box and that is to be respected. That would make us a leader nation again, if we had more like him. The rules did not specifically cover that. Woody

Quick Reply: Is a self charging electric car possible?