Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

interior paint

Old 09-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior paint

Just bought my srt6 a few months ago. Its a 2005 and things are great so far except for a little square part on the door panel about the size of a 50 cent piece. It originally looked like someone removed a sticker from there and left some glue residue. I got my goo gone and tried to remove it but to no avail. I tried what they use in the auto industry, a liquid called spotter and that didn't remove it but made it worse. In fact it took more of the dye off the panel. The extra it took off looks exactly like the spot in question. I believe the dealer had a sticker there and pulled it off along with some coloring. My '05 is new and comes with a warrenty but I've been thinking of changing the color of part of the interior. I want to make it look like the limited interiors, two-tone. Does anyone know what paint product I could use to change the color and what else is involved as far as prep ?
Thanks.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: interior paint

Just wanted to say my car had a similar spot of what appeared to be adhesive residue on that panel, as did another car I test drove and at least one other I saw on the dealer lot. I tried all sorts of things, to no avail, so took it to the dealer figuring if they screwed something up they'd be liable for repairs. I don't know what they used but they got it off without damaging the panel.

As for painting and prep, Dupli-color makes paints specifically for vinyls and plastics as well as a prep wipe to remove any dressings, etc that may have been applied. I did this on my old Miata but it was still a royal pain in the **** to get proper adhesion and I've seen several other folks struggle with interior painting. Might be worth a trip to a good body shop for a little chat.