Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

change dash light color?

Old 12-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default change dash light color?

Has anyone changed the color of the dash light/center console lights. I did a search and found that someone had a shop change the gauge cluster light but no info on how to do it or what was used and no info at all on changing the color of the lights in the center console.
Looking to do this and double din/ switch relocation in a couple months if I can't sell the car

Old 12-06-2008, 05:19 AM
Default Re: change dash light color?

Originally Posted by mad man
Has anyone changed the color of the dash light/center console lights. I did a search and found that someone had a shop change the gauge cluster light but no info on how to do it or what was used and no info at all on changing the color of the lights in the center console.
Looking to do this and double din/ switch relocation in a couple months if I can't sell the car
The guage cluster has a large number of led's which can be changed out if you have lots of time and patience, you can buy as a kit, some one on here changed to blue which looked great. Centre consul has its led's built into the parts and would be hard to change out - more research needed on this I reckon. If it was do-able I would love to change to blue.
Steve

Old 12-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

SteveUK,
You have the baby brother to mine. I can set my pillar gauges to blue and they do look good. Here is my console & pillars. Dont think I want to take it apart to put in blue dash lights.

MikeR

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Aero cockpit 113008.jpg (416.5 KB, 302 views)
File Type: jpg
Aero console 113008.jpg (485.5 KB, 298 views)
Old 12-06-2008, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by MikeR
SteveUK,
You have the baby brother to mine. I can set my pillar gauges to blue and they do look good. Here is my console & pillars. Dont think I want to take it apart to put in blue dash lights.

MikeR
Mike
The blue effect over the silver looks fantastic, how did you do that?
I have vivid blue LED blulbs in my interior lights which are cool at night.
The pillar guages are very neat!

Old 12-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve - UK
Mike
The blue effect over the silver looks fantastic, how did you do that?
I have vivid blue LED blulbs in my interior lights which are cool at night.
The pillar guages are very neat!
I like that very much. I also installed 12 led (X2) panels in the dome light. Wonderful color and brightness. A great way to spend $7.

I have been thinking about painting my center console to match also. Blaze Red. If nothing else, it would make a heLL of a statement.

It might be too much, but then again, so am I!

Old 12-06-2008, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
I like that very much. I also installed 12 led (X2) panels in the dome light. Wonderful color and brightness. A great way to spend $7.

I have been thinking about painting my center console to match also. Blaze Red. If nothing else, it would make a heLL of a statement.

It might be too much, but then again, so am I!

How is it just when you think you have done everything to this car you ever want to - you then find yet another mod to do!!!!!

Last edited by Steve - UK; 12-06-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is it just when you think you have done everything to this car you ever want to - you then find yet another mod to do!!!!!
Hey Steve we did Mikes interior, pillar, and gauges. Mike sent it to us and then did all the installation himself. I sure would love to see our work in the UK and in BLAZE RED MAX trust me on this one you would be the first.

BTW every time i see those ST1's makes me wish I wouldn't have left them on my limited when I traded up to the SRT6

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 12-06-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:56 AM

I'm sure it has something to do with obsession. And I'm not speaking of a woman's fragrance.

See my new thread, "Great Christmas Presents".

Old 12-06-2008, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
Hey Steve we did Mikes interior, pillar, and gauges. Mike sent it to us and then did all the installation himself. I sure would love to see our work in the UK and in BLAZE RED MAD MAN trust me on this one you would be the first.

BTW every time i see those ST1's makes me wish I wouldn't have left them on my limited when I traded up to the SRT6

JA104,

are you talkin' to me? I think SteveUK has an Aero Blue Coupe. What do you think it would look like in a red roadster? Thumbs up, or thumbs down?

And thanks for the kudos on the Sterns. The more I see them, the happier I am with my choice. I didn't know you had them too.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:21 PM

JA104,

are you talkin' to me? I think SteveUK has an Aero Blue Coupe. What do you think it would look like in a red roadster? Thumbs up, or thumbs down?

And thanks for the kudos on the Sterns. The more I see them, the happier I am with my choice. I didn't know you had them too.
Personally I think it would look really hot but my two favorite color crossfires are Aero Blue and Blaze Red lol so I am bias. WE just did an interior for Jose (Boricua1) in SSB turned out really hot. We did something special with his which we are going to do for the rest of the interiors if people opt for it. I talked him into filling in his airbag button and lighter. So the bottom panels are smooth as ice the whole way across. Also we painted the speaker and door handle plates a must on a roadster if you ask me.

Last but not least to the roadster we are now offering what we call the BLACKOUT package. A lot of people do not like the beige that are in the pillars and also the interior window surround. So that all gets painted to match the dash. No more beige and a nice well rounded black interior.

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 12-06-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Cool Re: change dash light color?

Ref the centre consol; can you quote me a price for painting the silver parts to match my aero blue coupe. I can remove these and ship to you no problem. If this would be your first UK example It would be a pleasure to promote this at our meets. How about a P.M. with the info' so we can look into costs etc,
Thanx,
Steve - uk

Old 12-06-2008, 02:21 PM

Ref post #10:

you just HAD to make it more difficult, didn't you? (Door pulls, pillars, overhead and Speakers).

Still, Thumbs Up, or Thumbs Down?

Old 12-06-2008, 02:30 PM

Ref post #10:

you just HAD to make it more difficult, didn't you? (Door pulls, pillars, overhead and Speakers).

Still, Thumbs Up, or Thumbs Down?
Tripple thumbs up lol im talking one foot and two hands

Here is Joses..... I will send you guys pm's later tonight or first thing tomorrow

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 12-06-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
Hey Steve we did Mikes interior, pillar, and gauges. Mike sent it to us and then did all the installation himself. I sure would love to see our work in the UK and in BLAZE RED MAX trust me on this one you would be the first.

That is the nicest xfire interior i've ever seen! I've seen the double din setup around, but I love what you did with the colors. You guys have a website?

Old 12-20-2008, 03:20 AM

wow I agree that set up looks great, the best by far!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR
SteveUK,

MikeR

I really love the blue, it would match mine perfect. So if you could rip those out n send them to me that would be great. Thanks
Nick