Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Another Condensation Solution

Old 04-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Another Condensation Solution

I know a bunch of other threads are on this topic and all the answers seem to be the same thing. here are some Quotes

Originally Posted by Onehundred80
- "Water can go down the air inlet for the heater if the drains are blocked on the cowl in front of the windscreen. This would be a good reason for it to happen.
Check under the dash on the passenger side to see if there is moisture around the cabin air filter.
If you have another leak into the car from the window etc, then the moisture in the car would show up when the heater went on.
If you have the air recirculating it would do the same thing."
Originally Posted by dtinker
you could have a pin hole leak on the heater core. Does it have any smell, like radiator water would have. The anti-freeze will cause fogging windows like crazy. You will have to clean the windows with Iso Akly to get it off.
Originally Posted by maxcichon
When I wash the car, I always use 35 psi compressed air to blow water out of the little areas (marker lights, door handles etc.) that hold enough to make waxing a pain. While doing this a couple of years ago, I noticed that water wasn't draining out of the wing depression in the boot lid (roadster). There are two small rubber ducts that carry water away and to above the license plate area. Mine were both plugged completely with....wait for it.... pollen.

I noticed a different reason for the car fogging up after sometimes washing the car or out in the rain.

There is a drain hose in the fuel filler area that allows all fluids to exit that area. The hose goes down along the inner fender inside the car and exits out just behind the rear passenger tire. (that is the little black hose sticking out). If this hose is cracked or broken, any and all fluids that get in the filler cap area will enter the inside of the car. It will run along the same path as the hose and exit the car through the same hole where the hose exits so your trunk will never fill up with water. It will soak the piece of foam lining that area.

This is the area I am talking about (the hose is removed in these pics)

Last edited by Beaner; 04-26-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Default Re: Another Condensation Solution

Here are 2 pics of a new hose compared to my broken one

This is where the hose attatches to the plastic. Just pull it through the hole and seat it into the grove

The hose runs along the red line I penciled in freehand. Notice the foam areas that gets soaked when hose is broken

This is where the hose exits the car through a hole behind the rear tire. More wet foam area.

You will not notice water in this area unless the rear side carpeted pannel is removed. It will not fill up with water. The water will not be noticable under the styrofoam inserts that hold the jack, air compressor, tire sealant as it is a seperate area

Here is a pic of my receipt for the part. Keep in mind I got it from the dealer and in Canada so the price is probably trippled compared to buying it in the US

Last edited by Beaner; 04-26-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good info ...... also if you have a gasoline smell in the car after filling. Could lead to a KABOOOOOM!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU

good info ...... also if you have a gasoline smell in the car after filling. Could lead to a KABOOOOOM!
True... If there is a smell if fuel in the car after filling this is most likely the problem. I doubt it would go KABOOOOOM but it would smell

Old 04-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How bad was your line? Completely cracked and brittle or just a small leak?

Great info, Brian, thanks for the detective work...

Old 04-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice catch, Beaner.

When I wash the car, I always use 35 psi compressed air to blow water out of the little areas (marker lights, door handles etc.) that hold enough to make waxing a pain. While doing this a couple of years ago, I noticed that water wasn't draining out of the wing depression in the boot lid (roadster). There are two small rubber ducts that carry water away and to above the license plate area. Mine were both plugged completely with....wait for it.... pollen.

Remember the thread from last year about cars "Green with pollen"? Yep, it gets that bad down here.

I use the low-medium pressure air with a rubber tipped gun to blow out those (gas door included) drains. If one uses this method, it also lets you know if the hole in the gas door or wing area is actually connected to the outside. You hear/see it.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
How bad was your line? Completely cracked and brittle or just a small leak?

Great info, Brian, thanks for the detective work...
When I noticed it, the line was not attatched at all. It had broke off and just laid in spot. the old hose was not brittle nor showed signs of wear. It looks like it had been cut perfectly with a razer which it wasnt. So... it might be a defect in the part. When mounted, the hose does a sharp 90° bend in that spot where mine broke. And with the new one in my hand it does seem not as firm in that area when squeezing it with my fingers like it does anywhere else on the part.

In the pic shows where mine broke compared to the new one. What does not show up in the pic, is that there is a line on the new part in that area where is broke. Obviously a weak spot. Notice the difference in texture of the hose. Same spot where mine broke apart

Last edited by Beaner; 04-26-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:58 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job Beaner.
I'll have to check this out on my car when I get home.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Received 566 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaner
When I noticed it, the line was not attatched at all. It had broke off and just laid in spot. the old hose was not brittle nor showed signs of wear. It looks like it had been cut perfectly with a razer which it wasnt. So... it might be a defect in the part. When mounted, the hose does a sharp 90° bend in that spot where mine broke. And with the new one in my hand it does seem not as firm in that area when squeezing it with my fingers like it does anywhere else on the part.

In the pic shows where mine broke compared to the new one. What does not show up in the pic, is that there is a line on the new part in that area where is broke. Obviously a weak spot. Notice the difference in texture of the hose. Same spot where mine broke apart
You will find the reason why there is a change in texture is because the end is molded onto a standard piece of hose. It will be weak at the join because of this.
Maybe you could strengthen it with heat shrinkable tube when its installed.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-26-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Beaner, did I read you correctly ........." it doesn't seem....... firm when squeezing it with your fingers"? Good thing you're moving to Viagara Falls!

Old 04-26-2011, 08:39 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Beaner, did I read you correctly ........." it doesn't seem....... firm when squeezing it with your fingers"? Good thing you're moving to Viagara Falls!
I don't know bluecoupe.....Mike @ Eurocharged seemed to be impressed.........

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post585480

Last edited by SparkieSRT6; 04-26-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:12 PM

You 2 must have got a "rise" out of my description. Dirty old men