Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Colored seatbelts

Old 04-02-2023, 10:58 PM
Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Colored seatbelts

Hi Forum!

I love the recent sports cars showing more color when it comes to the interior. Porsche GT, AMG GT-R all can come with different colored accents and seatbelts.
Would really like to install red seatbelts in the SRT. There was a gentleman on our forum with the name FUBU and it sounds like he used to acquire OEM Mercedes seatbelts or at least made by the manufacturer who also produces for Merc.
I don't think FUBU is around here anymore but does anyone know more details?
Where would I get the seatbelts and what do they cost? Also are there instructions on how to install?
Tips would be awesome
Here is the post I found on MBWorld with pictures to an example of a Crossfire with custom seatbelts and also they used to be sold through www.SRT-6.com - which is outdated now unfortunately.

MBWorld Customized SRT6 Seatbelts

The following users liked this post:
gblack32 (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 05:45 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Colored seatbelts

Hi,
Ive had the same idea, looking to change my factory seatbelts to Yellow, to match my ordered MGP caliper covers and fitting a yellow stitch Alcantara steering wheel also.
I found a local supplier to me in Notts, UK on ebay, here is the pricing for reference (supply & fit):

Here is the ebay listing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224135149...&segname=11051

M4rCu5 (04-20-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ljcollingham
Hi,
Ive had the same idea, looking to change my factory seatbelts to Yellow, to match my ordered MGP caliper covers and fitting a yellow stitch Alcantara steering wheel also.
I found a local supplier to me in Notts, UK on ebay, here is the pricing for reference (supply & fit):

Here is the ebay listing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224135149...&segname=11051
I'm going to have to find a supplier in the US. There seems to be quite a few.
Wish the SRT-6.com - Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 source was still up and running because looks like that was the company which also makes Mercedes seatbelts. That was interesting.
I just want to make sure the seatbelt quality is good. I checked some websites and some of them will send samples of the color and quality which is pretty cool.

Have you checked into the process of removing the assembly yet? I'm going to take a closer look in the service manual later this week but can't be too difficult I'd imagine.

In regards to the Alcantara steering wheel. Are you putting on a new wheel or are you getting the original one equipped with Alcantara overlay?

Old 04-05-2023, 10:45 AM

Hi, I'm fitting an aftermarket wheel with momo boss and NRG quick release hub. (as per images)
I may change from the wheel I've bought though for a higher calibre / more expensive model as its the cheap link in this setup.
Also, I'm fully prepared for the instance that once fitted, this aftermarket setup won't suit or compliment the cabin and interior style and I shall then revert back to factory.
However, If I like the overall aesthetic then I may well swap out the seats for aftermarket buckets, fit yellow harnesses and embrace the style change (potentially a midlife crisis error in judgment, we shall see).

Old 04-06-2023, 12:01 AM

Looks great. Usually not the biggest fan of racing steering wheels but this one looks classy with the Alcantara and the yellow stitching and contrasts. Very nice!
That will go awesome with the yellow seatbelts. Can't wait to see the finished project. Be sure to post some pictures. What colored Crossfire do you have and what is the interior color? SRT or NA?

Old 04-07-2023, 03:56 AM

Thanks, appreciate the positive feedback on the wheel.
Hoping to install today, if it proves within my ability range, if I'm successful I'll post up pictures.
My car is grey with dark interior. My yellow colour theme has spawned purely from the MGP calliper covers currently on route from the US - for better or worse.

Old 04-07-2023, 07:40 AM

Completed the aftermarket / quick release steering wheel install

M4rCu5 (04-20-2023)
Old 04-16-2023, 01:44 AM

Completed the aftermarket / quick release steering wheel install

Wow well done!!! Love the yellow very nice job!
Now can you do a write up how to remove the seatbelt assembly???
Hahaha

Old 04-16-2023, 07:52 AM

Thanks.
I'm paying the seatbelt supplying firm an additional £60 to remove and install the yellow belts, as I believe the process may prove outside of my skillset, I'll ask them for feedback on the process and post here once I've had the works done.
I've paused my book-in whilst I await delivery of a set of TRS yellow harnesses and harness brace bar that I may go with instead.

Old 04-16-2023, 08:48 AM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by nickwe21
I'm going to have to find a supplier in the US. There seems to be quite a few.
Wish the SRT-6.com - Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 source was still up and running because looks like that was the company which also makes Mercedes seatbelts. That was interesting.
I just want to make sure the seatbelt quality is good. I checked some websites and some of them will send samples of the color and quality which is pretty cool.

Have you checked into the process of removing the assembly yet? I'm going to take a closer look in the service manual later this week but can't be too difficult I'd imagine.

In regards to the Alcantara steering wheel. Are you putting on a new wheel or are you getting the original one equipped with Alcantara overlay?
Those seat belts on the SRT6 website are legit I’ve seen them up close. The red ones pop well in the SRT6. They’re pretty high quality from what I remember: Don’t quote me on this but Iirc I think you need a DRBlll to change the seat belts out. Something about the SRS gets tripped if they’re changed out. I think anyways. While you’re at it might as well get the SLK passenger seat motors as they’re 8 way as well or just get another one from a XF driver seat and switch the hardware over to the passenger seat.
I need to get my lazy *** in gear and take my own advice lol. I need to swap my passenger seat that has all heat controls to the driver side and then swap this spare bottom seat I have that has the bottom heat pad intact for the passenger.

Old 04-20-2023, 09:20 AM

OK, so today I've received my 3-Point yellow harness for seat removal and test install.
Option 1 > Install with straps coming around sides of factory seats
Option 2 > Cut hole(s) and install plastic inserts to allow through-flow of harnesses
Option 3 > Remove factory seats and install purpose aftermarket buckets (trying to avoid due to liking the aesthetic/electrics/comfort of factory seats)
Think I like the vibe of yellow harness over and above paying for the seats belts to be removed and replaced in yellow. Incidentally the cost of both options is near-on identical.
(Not to many owner tastes, I fully appreciate).

Old 04-20-2023, 12:03 PM

OK, so today I've received my 3-Point yellow harness for seat removal and test install.
Option 1 > Install with straps coming around sides of factory seats
Option 2 > Cut hole(s) and install plastic inserts to allow through-flow of harnesses
Option 3 > Remove factory seats and install purpose aftermarket buckets (trying to avoid due to liking the aesthetic/electrics/comfort of factory seats)
Think I like the vibe of yellow harness over and above paying for the seats belts to be removed and replaced in yellow. Incidentally the cost of both options is near-on identical.
(Not to many owner tastes, I fully appreciate).

I think they look great!! Was anything mentioned about resetting SRS or any other triggered lights that Sussudio mentioned? It would make sense as we are removing a safety device.

Old 04-20-2023, 12:09 PM

I think it looks great. Like Sussudio said, the yellow really pops with our cars. Any mention of having to reset sensors/SRS or any warning lights that were triggered? It would make sense as we are essentially disabling a security measure and that would probably trigger a warning wirth these cars. Wonder if battery can be disconnected then re-connected once installed and it won't cause any issues that way.

Either way, I think the color goes well with the car and the red would look killer on the SRT. I'm going to tackle this project.njust trying to find the best supplier.
So far Seatbelt Planet seems to be a good source as they claim to source their materials from the same supplier as Porsche.

Also, good advise to turn the passenger seat into an 8 way adjustable seat. I will look into that now as well. I'm assuming the wiring is there just needs the motor? Never understood why the cars didn't come with both seats adjustable like the SLK

Ljcollingham (04-20-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 12:30 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback, appreciated.
My battery is disconnected unless the car is in use, as I have a power drain to be identified that burned through a brand new battery in just 3 days.
No SRS/Airbag issues following install of harness. Seats I left connected in wiring, only had to remove enough to be able to move and access side bolt for belt.
My steering wheel and airbag removal obviously caused a dash light, however the resistor that comes with the Momo hub boss cures that once installed.
I hadn't even realised that about the passenger seat, never been over that side or checked - thanks for the headsup.