Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Michigan X-Fire Drivers Unite!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Michigan X-Fire Drivers Unite!

Alright, only a few days until the meet! For all those planning to attend, make sure you have plenty of time to make it to the museum, and don't forget to wash your ride for the pictures. Also if you have any more guest that you are bringing or you have deicded to attend please send me a message or reply to this topic. See you on the 4th.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:39 PM

This is gonna be a sweeeeeet day, Canadian are ready and the car's will be shinny!!!

See you all there.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:44 PM

You said you know some more people who live in America and are planning on just going straight to the museum.

Old 05-31-2006, 08:25 PM

2 more but they still need to confirm, so i'm not going to know until the last minute.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:34 PM

That is alright if they haven't confirmed yet, just as long as they go!!! Weather is supposed to be in the high 70 and sunny!!!

Old 06-04-2006, 06:38 PM

Great day guy's!!! I just post the picture they are under my gallery or June 4th Michigan - Ontario X Fire cruise.

Thanks for the hard work and let's do it again soon.

Old 06-04-2006, 06:41 PM

Awesome day!!!

I am in the middle of up loading my pictures now to my website. I will post a link as soon as I can. I agree, we should do it again soon, and maybe gets all those people who where scared away by the rain.

Old 06-04-2006, 07:29 PM

Alright here are the pictures of the June 4th meet. Thanks to all who came, it was an awesome event and I had a great time. Here is the link to the pictures, and I will hopefully have the video done next weekend. Keep in touch everyone and lets do this again soon.

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...204th/?start=0

Old 06-04-2006, 09:11 PM

Great pics, would it be easy to add all our pics to that site?

Old 06-04-2006, 09:30 PM

If you wanted to register your own name you could up load them or you could just email them to me and I would add them to my site if you wanted. Let me know which way you decided.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:35 PM

Fuzz,

I found the forum (Brent - graphite metallic coupe limited)!!! Thanks for posting the pics and organizing the drive. Today was a blast!

Old 06-04-2006, 10:39 PM

Hey Brent, glad to see that you where able to join the forum. The pictures turned out pretty well I think. I hope to have the video done some time next weekend, but we will see how that goes. If anyone else has pictures please post them for the rest of us to see. Also if anyone wants any pictures just send me a message and I can email them to you.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Forum Regular

Guys, This was a great time. Ingrid and I made it back home to Centerville, Ohio in just over 3 hours. Traffic was light, weather was good, but nary a Crossfire in sight. We'll have to remember who was present and link them back to forum handles. Fuzz...your hair is a trip...I get it.

We need to have a rally of some type. Driving in a line or 2 by 2 with the variety of Crossfires present was memorable, for me as well as for the pedestrians that had a chance to see us. Too late I realized what a nice video it would have made for all 9 of us to zip by on video.

Harbor and Fuzz, many thanks for laying this out. It went surprisingly well for a first time meeting.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by markr6754
Guys, This was a great time. Ingrid and I made it back home to Centerville, Ohio in just over 3 hours. Traffic was light, weather was good, but nary a Crossfire in sight. We'll have to remember who was present and link them back to forum handles. Fuzz...your hair is a trip...I get it.

We need to have a rally of some type. Driving in a line or 2 by 2 with the variety of Crossfires present was memorable, for me as well as for the pedestrians that had a chance to see us. Too late I realized what a nice video it would have made for all 9 of us to zip by on video.

Harbor and Fuzz, many thanks for laying this out. It went surprisingly well for a first time meeting.
You haven't seen anything yet with the hair!!! I am all up for doing anything, rally, gathering, cruisin, ect... I am glad that you had a great time. I was worried that this meet wouldn't be up to expectations of those traveling such great distances, so I am relieved it went so well.

So far from watch the video that we where able to shoot today, it looks like I might be able to put something nice together. Feel free to give me some songs that would sound good in the background.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:39 AM

WOW! Everyone Thanks for a Great Sunday! A big Thanks to Fuzz and Harbor for putting this together. Jessie and I especially enjoyed getting to know all of you! We have to do that again! Thanks for sharing the pics. I'll try to upload mine this week. I have no excuses since I don't have the bball hoop to put up.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:44 PM

Seems like most everyone would like to do this again, so feel free to find events to attend. Maybe we could find something in Ohio or Canada. That way it might be a little more centrally located for everyone. Any event (or excuse) to meet, will do. Just post what ever you find or think would be a good idea and lets go from there. I am always willing to meet other owners especially everyone who came last time. I had an awesome time and want to do this again soon.

Old 06-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Next Midwest / Canada Event

Re: Next Midwest / Canada Event

Guys - Yesterday's run was so much fun that I'm thinking about re-growing my hair like FUZZ 40's (I wish ! ). Anyhow, we need some input as to the next event.

Something in Canada (Jasons?) or Mid-Ohio (isn't there a race course somewhere in Mid-Ohio?) would be great.

A few suggestions:

- There's a Tall Ship Celebration in Bay City, MI from July 20-23 with a lot of activities by the water (about 1 hour north of Oakland County).

- Michigan "thumb tours" through Port Huron are popular, and this would be convenient for our friends from Woodstock, Canada X-Fire-N. A lot of motorcycle clubs take this route and it's a nice two lane drive running along Lake Huron. I've got a lake cottage in Harbor Beach (get it - Harbor?) that we could stop at for a BBQ.

- Something on Woodward during Dream Cruise week maybe. The actual Saturday of the cruise is too congested.

- Belle Isle run or Concours d'Legance at Meadowbrook?

Give us your ideas & feed back!!

Old 06-05-2006, 05:32 PM

These venue all sound great, and we are in for sure...

If i may suggest on the Canadian side of the border it could be nice to go around the Wine area here in Southern Ontario.

But i'm sure their is a lot more we can think of.

Let's pick a date and lets do it.

P.S. If we need to create a survey, here's an interesting tool we can use http://www.createsurvey.com
there's is a free trial, i guess it's ok to try...not sure i never used it but...

Last edited by ZHCS27; 06-05-2006 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:33 PM

It seems the warm weather has brought many of us out of the garages.
Crossfire sightings are multiplying. It would be nice to do something associated with the Dream Cruise. Let me know about any organization in the Rochester MI area.

Old 06-05-2006, 11:47 PM

Very short notice but looks like someone is heading up to Lapeer Dragway. Here is the link to his posting: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=10797

As of right now the Lake house BBQ sounds like the best idea so far!!! Does the end of this month sounds good for a cruise along the lake to a BBQ? I am in for sure!!!

Quick Reply: Michigan X-Fire Drivers Unite!