Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Michigan X-Fire Drivers Unite!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Michigan X-Fire Drivers Unite!

Love the barbeque idea! Fuzz, I saw the post on the Lapeer dragway trip on Sunday. I am considering going are you?

Old 06-06-2006, 02:00 PM

I am thinking about it, it is sunday and I don't think I have anything planned. I have never raced a car down a drag strip and have always wanted to do it so I would really like to go. I saw you where thinking about it but had to talk to the wife. Let me know when you find out either way and I will do the same.

Sounds like to me we need to start planning this BBQ run soon!!!

Old 06-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking at the schedule on Lapeer's website. Is the T & T only from 11 to 1? Doesn't seem very long. Would be fun so long as there weren't a lot of other cars there.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Forum Regular

This is something I would really love to do...as I have a need for speed. Sadly...I can't drive up to MI every weekend...or very often for that matter. I guess we need to get to a point where there are enough of us in a given area to require a social committee, and then we can plan an entire weekend of events. I need to ensure that the time having fun is greater than the commute time.

As for my commute time, I drove 7 1/2 hours, and the return trip yielded 28.4 MPG...a new high for me. And that includes 1/2 hour in total stop and go, bumper to bumper crawling.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:03 PM

Ouch where did you get caught in bumper to bumper traffic? I understand what you are saying, it has to be worth the 7 hour drive to come up to a meet. Would first weekend of July be to soon for you to make it worth it? Also if it needs to be worth the time maybe we can work on planning something a little bigger. Anyways these all ideas, what really matters is if we get people interested. So please post ideas, comments, anything to keep the interest up.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fuzz 40
Ouch where did you get caught in bumper to bumper traffic? I understand what you are saying, it has to be worth the 7 hour drive to come up to a meet. Would first weekend of July be to soon for you to make it worth it? Also if it needs to be worth the time maybe we can work on planning something a little bigger. Anyways these all ideas, what really matters is if we get people interested. So please post ideas, comments, anything to keep the interest up.
South US 23 at 12 mile mark. It was dead stopped, worse than LA traffic (I drove through downtown LA for 4 years, so I know), cleared at mile 9. I expected something construction or worse...instead...it was just a disabled vehicle under tow, followed by a trooper, and for some reason that just fascinated the heck out of the passing drivers. Once past the crippled trailer the flow never fell below 60, even through the construction zones. Oh well...the MPG result was a nice surprise.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:13 AM

Go figure, a vehicle under tow causes bumper to bumper traffic. Traffic backups for those kind of things are the worst because their is no point to them at all.

On a different note, where is everyone's pictures? I am getting tired of just looking at mine and ZHCS27 all the time. If you can please post them soon, or email them to me, or both!!!

Also how is the first weekend in july looking for people?

Old 06-07-2006, 10:32 AM

What a blast...

Thank You to all the Michigan and Ohio Crossfire owner for a Great Day. The only regret we have is not having more time to converse with everyone. Maybe some time we could do a weekend run, someball games maybe the Niagara wine region and so on... To Habour and Fuzz an extra Thank You for time spent organizing. I'll send my pictures soon and if anyone would like to come into Ontario for a run let me know.

Regards,
X FIRE N

Old 06-09-2006, 12:20 PM

Doesn't look like I'll make it out to lapeer on Sunday! My honey do list is too big. Maybe next time. There are 2 local area drag strips that I know of. Lapeer and Milan. I've heard Milan is the better one of the two. Let's plan a meet to drag either two and have a barbeque afterwards or before! That way the wives can attend. Really looking forward to seeing you guys again. Fuzz, I agree we need pics!

Old 06-12-2006, 11:14 AM

I am up for drag racing, I have never been before and I am sure it would be a blast. As far as the video, I have it all done and google is now marking sure its alright. Hopefully I will have the link soon and I can post it for everyone to see.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:26 PM
RPM

I am new to Michigan and a new Crossfire owner. It would be nice to get together with other Xfire owners for a meet, drive, etc. sometime in the spring and/or summer of 2007. If anyone knows of any plans, please let me know.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:24 AM

I'm always up for a meet, if it's nice weather.
X FIRE N

Old 01-16-2007, 12:21 PM
RPM

Great. I'm with you - nice weather only. I definitely don't want to get caught up in any rain. Let's keep an eye on this thread to see if any others are in.

Thanks.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me in but not until summer, mines in storage and won't come out to play until warm sunny days!!!

Old 01-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

i'm in just say when and where...