Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

bashed in door...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default bashed in door...

Here's an update for those who did try to help. I tracked down the lead on the Mustang owner and the trailer. The first lead which took me nearby didn't pan out, the second person was just suspect to talk to, pretty misleading. But, he panned out as well. Finally, got a hit on the trailer, and found the trailer which led me to the Mustang owner. He had rented the trailer. Long story, short. He panned out as well, the trailer didn't do it. Since I was at the trailer dealership, we took the car close to enclosed trailers, and no way an enclosed trailer did the damage. It had to be an open trailer. No one will ever admit to it, so we are moving on, taking a hit with the insurance company. I had $1k deductable, so I am taking the hit as well. Not coming to the Dragon, for obvious reasons, no money... Lesson learned on this one. I won't park in a hotel parking lot where trailers are abound, and will ask if anyone has pissed off a rival crew. At least I will know what to expect... Some of the rowdy crew from the Impala side did try to help, but they weren't on the right path. The Mustang dude left pretty early in the morning which left that spot open for a couple of hours before I came out to discover the damage. So, there it is...we will never know now...but I will be a hell of lot more cautious where I park from now on...as I don't trust anyone at this point. Thanks to those that lended a hand....I do appreciate it... Gary, FP...feel free to close this thread...thanks....no other comments are needed at this point.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:16 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: bashed in door...

Sorry to hear about it Doc. I hope you get her fixed up right quick.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 472 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Here's an update
Taking a hit with the insurance company. I had $1k deductable, so I am taking the hit as well. Not coming to the Dragon, for obvious reasons, no money... Lesson learned on this one. I won't park in a hotel parking lot where trailers are around
This is all very disappointing news Doc.
Missing the Dragon "again" ....say it isn't so
How bout this....ya stay in my room with me at no cost to you and I'll buy you dinner all three nights.
Now all ya need is gas money for the trip.

This is a genuine offer my friend !!!
You really must come !!!

Old 08-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

OK...you close this thread, it was just information for those who tried to help, and I will reconsider...lol..

Old 08-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Doc, sorry for the bad news. It sucks when people don't own up their mistakes. I don't know how people like that can look at themselves in the mirror. I hope you're able to get her repaired quickly.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Lots of Aero Blue carnage going on lately. But Aero Blue cars get re skinned and painted better than new. Good luck on the repairs Doc. I know I won't be missing any races even with a scratched car, unless another hurricane gets in the way.

Les

Old 08-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 472 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
OK...you close this thread, it was just information for those who tried to help
Ok as you asked.........."closed"