New England Forum Serving CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT

New Wheels and tires.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Wheels and tires.

Nationwide is on your side fer' shure! I was on my way back from Jersey and I came over the GW Bridge in Manhattan, I believe anyway, I went through the speedpass and lo and behold I was between 2 trucks I was a sandwich. I was doing about 35 and all of a sudden, I felt this thud followed by another and my wheels hit a break in the road that was at least 5" deep. Nowhere to go, I finally got to the slower lane and waited to get into a roadside rest area.
Pulled in about 10 or so at night and tried to spot any damage, none was apparant but there was a slight wobble. I limped home and looked at everything while the car was on my buddies lift. Each tire and wheel was damaged.
What to do? I called my Ins. Agent, called the 800 number and got a case number and a promise that someone would call with an appointment for an adjuster to come out to the house. This was a Friday, nothing all weekend. Monday I called the agent with nothing new. I went to what used to be the adjusters office, they had moved to another bldg. due to the flooding. I found where they were and spoke to a lady who got me the adjuster's phone number. I explained my situation and that I was heading to Canada on Wed. He came to see me at 2 p.m. and handed me a check, I had already picked out what I wanted at Town Fair and got them. No pictures yet as they were installed today. TSW silver with polished rim the style is Willow. You can look them up if you want, the tires are Toyo, the top performance tire they make( Toyo). I am so pleased. It does wonders for my ride.

Last edited by Crossfire Trail; 06-15-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Re: New Wheels and tires.

Originally Posted by Crossfire Trail
I explained my situation and that I was heading to Canada on Wed. He came to see me at 2 p.m. and handed me a check, I had already picked out what I wanted at Town Fair and got them.
Good Deal.

I am curious how did the adjuster determine how much to write the check for? Original replacements? Or the price for the aftermarket wheels/tires of your choice?

James

Old 06-09-2010, 07:21 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick,
Sorry to hear about your car! Post a pic of the new shoes! I am sure you did a great job picking out a style. Can't wait to see how they look. Have a safe trip to CA!
Stan

Old 06-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by James1549
Good Deal.

I am curious how did the adjuster determine how much to write the check for? Original replacements? Or the price for the aftermarket wheels/tires of your choice?

James
James, I told them that I was replacing OEM and using Goodyear F-1's and that there may be other damage that wasn't apparant. I called the nearest Chrysler dealer and got a price of $539 X2 fr. & $602 X2 Rear. $988 for tires- balance and mounting, alignment for all wheels, and a few extras came out to a good sum, $500 deductable. He told me I could use whatever rims and tires I wanted. Problem was, I needed them the next day. It all worked out in the end.
I bought a package deal with TSW rims 18" & 19" factory spec rims with Toyo Proxes T1R rubber all around, Total price was $2526.38 I had to have them rebalanced and nitrogen put in the tires. I'm extremely satisfied with the whole deal.

Last edited by Crossfire Trail; 06-15-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by blackxfire
Rick,
Sorry to hear about your car! Post a pic of the new shoes! I am sure you did a great job picking out a style. Can't wait to see how they look. Have a safe trip to CA!
Stan
Thanks buddy, they do look great. The trip, on the other hand was not so much so. I had the wrong dates, It's NEXT MONTH I got to Bangor and called Steve, he told me, I told my wife, we laughed a bit then headed home in the light rain. My tail between my legs.
Anyway, I'm glad in a way becuse the tires were not balanced correctly and I had to stop in Midway MA to get them redone, The tech didn't even remove the excess tape that was left. I had some cleanup to do. Cil and I had a fun trip back though. Got many compliments on the car and the wheels. We'll see you at the Mystic show.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post some pics Rick! Sorry to hear about your NY roads trouble

Roads down here in North Carolina are great!

Old 06-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Maybe I missed it, but where in Canada are you heading?

Old 06-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beaner
Maybe I missed it, but where in Canada are you heading?
Moncton New Brunswick on July 8,9,10,11th Interested in coming up with us, looks like we will be meeting up with 4 cars from canada eh? Be great to have you along.
Let me know, Rick

Old 06-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xfire2005

I'm going to try to post them here shortly. Rick

Old 06-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xfire2005

The pics are in my gallery under the heading mods. I tried to put them on here but came up empty.