New England Forum Serving CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT

new crossfire owner :)

Old 10-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new crossfire owner :)

My names patrick. 21 years old just picked up my third car. A beautiful white 04 crossfire with black leather. First time ever driving a manual transmission was taking it off the lot. Not a fun experience. Learned pretty quick but have still yet to get stuck on a hill. Got her for 12000 with 39000 on the odomoeter. Haven't decided if I want to mod this car or not after what I did to my focus. Looking forward to maybe some meets or something in North Jersey area.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: new crossfire owner :)

Congrats on your Crossfire purchase! Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of good information here.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zx3speed
My names patrick. 21 years old just picked up my third car. A beautiful white 04 crossfire with black leather. First time ever driving a manual transmission was taking it off the lot. Not a fun experience. Learned pretty quick but have still yet to get stuck on a hill. Got her for 12000 with 39000 on the odomoeter. Haven't decided if I want to mod this car or not after what I did to my focus. Looking forward to maybe some meets or something in North Jersey area.
Welcome to forum Patrick, good luck with the manual transmission practice. Since the Crossfire has a relatively low first gear, and plenty of torque, it's pretty easy to launch. 1st. to 2nd. shifts can be a little notchy at times but that's pretty much normal with the XF tranny.
Don't be afraid to use the old "parking brake" technique on those really steep inclines, I've been driving 44 years and still encounter some situation that it's called for.
Living where you do, there are any number of gtg's. near by. You just missed a really good car show on the Boardwalk a couple weeks ago. Fall color tours in Conn. and the big Mopar event in Carlisle PA. Most everything takes place in the warmer weather months though.
Sounds like you got a nice deal on your car.
By the way, you picked the best color for your car too.
Enjoy

Old 10-22-2011, 09:46 AM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome aboard, and congrats on your new ride.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Talking Re: new crossfire owner :)

Learned to drive a stick in San Francisco. Sit in the car with ur foot on the clutch & get familiar with the gear positions until ur really confident about finding them. Close ur eyes even. Parked, of course. That is half of it. My ex would roll back until he was resting against the bumper of the car behind him & take off from there if they pulled up too close.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice choice of color! White ones are officially now also as fast as any other color.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Forum Regular

Pay no attention to those who says this or that color is the fastest unless they say Graphite..Lol

Old 10-22-2011, 02:23 PM

Thanks guys. Day two I've pretty much mastered the art of driving manual. Still affraid of hills even tho I know I'm fine lol. White is sexy, it was this or the one with the red two tone interior which I really liked but that one had twice the miles for the same price. I think I'm the only guy much less at my age that owns one of these . Love the stares when the wing deploys. Having a blast driving it. How is it as a daily driver in the winter? I'm a little hesitant about selling my lincoln because of that.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by noles
Pay no attention to those who says this or that color is the fastest unless they say Graphite..Lol
mine gets graphite if I don't wash it for 2 months
I guess the fastest is not a daily driver and has ugly slicks on it. And believe it or not, I guess it is graphite 10.95 with nos 1/4

Old 10-22-2011, 02:56 PM

Thanks guys. Day two I've pretty much mastered the art of driving manual. Still affraid of hills even tho I know I'm fine lol. White is sexy, it was this or the one with the red two tone interior which I really liked but that one had twice the miles for the same price. I think I'm the only guy much less at my age that owns one of these . Love the stares when the wing deploys. Having a blast driving it. How is it as a daily driver in the winter? I'm a little hesitant about selling my lincoln because of that.
On a steep hill, try pulling up the emergency brake, with your finger on the button and easing off it with the clutch.. then you won't roll back when you let off the brake .

Old 10-23-2011, 09:49 AM

Killed an entire tank of gas driving yesterday and only stalled once all day. think I finally got it. Check engine light came on for like a couple minutes and scared the hell out of me. Off now so well see. Wonder about a couple switches on the car. First is the row of 3 buttons behind the rearview. Garage door opener(s)? And then the second switch to the right of the hazard switch that like has a loop and arrow pointing from the back of the car on it.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on your new car. In my house Graphite is the fastest but Yellow is the prettiest!!!

The button with the hook is the tow alarm. Basically if you don't turn that off & someone tries to tow your car then all h*ll will break loose.

I live in FL so I think it is an amazing winter driver but for those of you who haven't figured out yet to get out of the cold, you might want to hang onto ANYTHING else to drive in the winter. I don't think anyone on this forum has every sung the praises of this as a winter driving car. Plus if it snows really hard how will you find it???

You have a great group in the New England area. I'm sure they will have you out to all the shows in no time. You shouldn't think that only older folks own these cars - lots of younger people have them too!!!

Old 10-24-2011, 04:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome aboard. I grew up in North Jersey (Union City & North Bergen). And first learned to drive a stick in a Dodge Challenge 340 back in '71. Got stuck on a hill and handed the keys back to my cousin. LOL! Enjoy your new ride!

Old 10-26-2011, 09:42 AM

Kim there's a yellow convertible in my town. I drool every time I see it. Unique color.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Patrick, welcome and congrats! I'm a new owner too, got you beat by a few months.

I'm just north of Boston. A few days before Halloween we got a major snow storm and my XF was a stinking sled. My pretty little coupe was a danger on the road. So glad I decided to hang on to my old Honda Accord, 253,000 miles, not a bit of rust and runs like a dream. That's officially my winter car. Sounds like you have a backup, too. Good decision. See you 'round the forum!

Jessica*
-2008 Oyster Gold Metallic Coupe, purchased July 2011

Old 12-07-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by OysterGoldGem
Hi Patrick, welcome and congrats! I'm a new owner too, got you beat by a few months.

I'm just north of Boston. A few days before Halloween we got a major snow storm and my XF was a stinking sled. My pretty little coupe was a danger on the road. So glad I decided to hang on to my old Honda Accord, 253,000 miles, not a bit of rust and runs like a dream. That's officially my winter car. Sounds like you have a backup, too. Good decision. See you 'round the forum!

Jessica*
-2008 Oyster Gold Metallic Coupe, purchased July 2011
We got hit by that freak snow storm as well here in jersey. Took the continental to work and got in a minor accident that day. Thank god it wasn't the crossfire. But the lincoln needs a new front bumper. Deffinitely not selling it after that though.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Forum Regular

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I live west of Boston and love driving my xcrossfire however I don't use it in the winter.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I see no one answered about the 3 buttons by the mirror :
YES, those are the remote transmitter buttons, I can open either left or right
garage door by using the corresponding button, never programmed the middle one.

NOTE: since they are not lit, they can be a pain to locate at night when you are approaching your garage.