New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New Member - finally got another Crossfire!

Old 03-18-2014, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Member - finally got another Crossfire!

Thanks Everyone! I got the message today it's coming in on the 26th! whee! I'm off on the 25th so it's going to be another week probably till I look at it and buy it. I'm all anxious since im really going to treat her like she's new!

Richard
I've got:

Throttle body
Cold air intake (and I sent a message to wing so see if the Mercedes top would also fit the larger throttle body... probably but I asked just to be sure!
Chip from eurocharged
and some Carbon dashboard from Korean

Let's just hope the baby is clean and well cared for first!

Richard

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd put it on first then plug it in.. LOL.

Just four little bolts holding it on.. doesn't hurt to do the throttle reset.. Key to on position (not start).. pedal to the floor for 5 seconds.. turn key off.. release pedal.. let it sit dormant for 2 minutes.

And as they say on Fox Sports Nascar day.. Crank IT Up.. LOL.

Note: (and your mechanic probably knows).. 3-4 little dots of silicone to hold the o ring gasket in position can go a long way..

Oh and your recent post.. your "chip" is a cable and software.. you hook your laptop up and basically download your stock file to computer.. email that to them.. they configure a tune and email it back. You then go back to the car and upload. DISCONNECT THE FAN (plug in connector right by the radiator and hose) when putting the new tune in.. otherwise get your headgear and wait for the 747 jet to pass.. LOL

Last edited by Mrmiata; 03-18-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Oh,
one more... which spacers for the 3.2 limited convertible? Are the all the same? Just the wheels coming to the edge would be fine!

Richard

Old 03-18-2014, 07:42 PM

Thanks soooo much! I'll let everyone know when I get the car. They told me on the 26th its coming into town!

Richard

Old 03-18-2014, 08:30 PM

The CAI? Sorry I'm kinda in the dark.. .when you said install it when you install the CAI or CIA what did you mean?

Ha ha...

Richard

Old 03-18-2014, 08:35 PM

Mrmiata,

Thanks so much! I'll give this to my mechanic! It's soooo cool that you guys love Crossfires too! I swear they're just soo classic that I had to get another one. Just hope this one is nice, the salesmen told me today that it's coming in on the 27th. I'm only off on Tuesdays so that means next Wednesday it's coming in. It will be awhile till my mechanic at Porsche has the time but I'll keep everyone up to date when I get her. I'll post some pictures when I can.

Thanks again!

Richard

Old 03-18-2014, 09:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dharma1
The CAI? Sorry I'm kinda in the dark.. .when you said install it when you install the CAI or CIA what did you mean?

Ha ha...

Richard
CAI = Cold Air Intake

Old 03-18-2014, 09:31 PM

Oh ha ha.... I gottcha! yeah I appreciate that. At least I'll have the cold air helping with the larger throttle body! I'll do that first then later do the 'chip' after at least the car get's used to the new throttle and CAI.

Richard

Old 03-18-2014, 09:36 PM

Actually "if" it's an option for you.. I'd do them all together. Car will learn.. then "unlearn" when tuned. As far as spacers.. no clue on the MM needed but you will need to be sure the spacers are hub centric - 66.8 mm I think of the top of my head.. and of course longer ball seat lug bolts.

Found you and your mech. a little something here..

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...dy-upgrade.pdf

Last edited by Mrmiata; 03-18-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Let me throw in a correction here.. It's been noted, and I've seen on Ebay there is a different electrical plug in on the "same P/N".. seems as long as you stay in the 03 + Mercedes range your okay. Don't have it handy but there are a few threads that will show the correct plug interface..
I'm sure you're right.. I just went to my email archives and pulled the Part# from the one I have that I know works for sure! The only way I can be sure that I'm giving reliable information

Old 03-19-2014, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by rayth
I'm sure you're right.. I just went to my email archives and pulled the Part# from the one I have that I know works for sure! The only way I can be sure that I'm giving reliable information
Spent a lot of time looking at the p/n and parts on Ebay after Reddog pulled that one out from under me.. LOL. And Robert in Colorado just played the "wrong plug" game a month or so back..

Same P/N... different electronics plug

Old 03-27-2014, 07:01 AM

Hi Everyone,
Can anyone give me some idea how to check my tire pressure? I can't seem to find the way to do it. Also... how on earth do I change the clock?

Thanks to anyone, ha ha.....

Richard

Old 03-27-2014, 07:35 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Not sure what to say about checking the tire pressure, removing the valve cap and putting a tire gauge on the stem always seemed to work for me.
As to the clock :
19. Push Button for Time Setting
To adjust the time display, turn the key in the ignition
switch to the ON/RUN or ACC position. The ****/
button located just to the left of the clock is used to
change the time. Pull out the **** and turn it to the left
for hour adjustment; pull out the **** and turn it to the
right for minute adjustment.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:54 AM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Let me throw in a correction here.. It's been noted, and I've seen on Ebay there is a different electrical plug in on the "same P/N".. seems as long as you stay in the 03 + Mercedes range your okay. Don't have it handy but there are a few threads that will show the correct plug interface..
This is not true.
If there was two parts with different plugs they would have different part numbers.
The parts to which you are referring are two different parts each with their own part number.
The part number needed in this mod is given in the following PDF as is the O-ring part number.

Without the larger MAF the throttle body mod is probably not worth doing and the tune a waste of time until the MAF is fitted.
PDF

Old 03-27-2014, 09:37 AM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Dharma1
Hi everyone,
Yes, I actually sold my former crossfire but ended up missing it so much I'm basically waiting for another one! I found a 3.2 2008 convertible in Blue with only 20,000 miles!

Thanks and I'll be putting the pictures on when I get it!

Richard
Welcome back to The XFire Forum. And good luck with your pending performance mods.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:51 PM

Thanks!

O.K. I got the Coils to lower it. Do I really need anything else when the coils are put on? the camber won't be that affected just by lowering it right?

Thanks,
Richard

Old 03-28-2014, 10:52 PM

Sorry,
What I meant was my old one had the TP?? whatever where you could check the pressure on the screen I thought.... maybe I'm thinking of my old Porsche?

Anyway...never found it on the new one. I finally got it but it's in the body shop for some work... probably two weeks then I can at least take some pictures and download them if I can figure out how too, ha ha.....

Richard

Old 03-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Your 2008 SHOULD have TPS, unless a previous owner has uninstalled the tire sensors.
However, there is no differentiation between the 4 sensors, just a light in the dash indicating one or more sensor detects a problem.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
This is not true.
If there was two parts with different plugs they would have different part numbers.
The parts to which you are referring are two different parts each with their own part number.
The part number needed in this mod is given in the following PDF as is the O-ring part number.
Without the larger MAF the throttle body mod is probably not worth doing and the tune a waste of time until the MAF is fitted.
PDF
Whatever you say 180 ..

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post754112

Old 03-29-2014, 10:33 AM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Before you start getting frisky you had better get the facts correct.
I cannot be bothered to go through the whole series of threads that have discussed it before but the first three numbers are different and the last seven numbers are the same. This was probably discussed at length before you knew what a Crossfire was, as you are a relative newbie here compared to some.
If I recall the first three numbers of these similar parts are 112 and 113, they have different sockets. People tried to change the one with a different socket using the socket from the Crossfire one but met with problems. The Rudy man himself tried but said it was not worth the effort.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-29-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Quick Reply: New Member - finally got another Crossfire!