New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Hello Crossfire People!

Old 12-13-2014, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hello Crossfire People!

I am researching and will be buying a Crossfire within the next couple of months and I have spent a lot of time at this forum over the last few weeks. It is my humble opinion that it is the best Crossfire forum online and I would like to thank all contributors for their efforts of posting info for us newbs

I hope to gain more knowledge along with sharing mine with the people here.

Thanks for having me,
LBS

PS; I am a former Chevy guy that went to Ford for a while. Now I am looking for something completely different. I feel that the Crossfire will be it for me - If I can fit into it (6'2"/not skinny). I had a 1973 Corvette and it appears that the interior dimensions of the Crossfire are very similar. I can make that work.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:36 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I like mine,
Are you looking for a NA 6 spd or auto?
Coupe or roadster?
Srt?
What your location, and how far you willing to travel, there could be someone close that could help you look at one if it was a distance from your house, might save you some time.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:16 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Hello Crossfire People!

Welcome to the forum LBS.
I'm 6'2" and I've always been comfortable in my Crossfire. It may take a couple minutes to find the "sweet spot" with the power seats, but don't get discouraged, it's in there.
The "base" cars come with manual seats, and sometimes they make it easier to find "the sweet spot" because they offer less positions to choose from. They are very comfortable "cloth" versions of the SLK seats, and I felt as though I actually had a little more head room in the "Base" car thanks to the seat.
I've owned 3 Corvette C3's and you're right, the interiors are similar in size. (I never thought about that before). Too bad the Crossfire never offered a tilt steering wheel. That being said, I've always been satisfied with it's position, and like the Vette, it's telescopic.
Good hunting, and take your time finding just the right one. These really are fun cars to drive, and be prepared to get very involved with it. (Most owners are.

Last edited by +fireamx; 12-14-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:40 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by +fireamx
The "base" cars come with manual seats, and sometimes it's easier to find.
All 04's are limited models with power seats, 05 and on there are base models and limiteds.

Old 12-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

Hope you join the permagrin club. I'm 6'2" and fit fine. A roadster does have a bit more headroom though. Are you in Socal?

Old 12-14-2014, 02:51 PM
Smile Re: Hello Crossfire People!

Thanks for the replies!

Speedy4X4: I am looking for a coupe and I prefer a stick but an auto is not out of the question. I am shopping for Base or Limited models - this time around I am in Portland, OR. I have gone to Seattle/Eugene to buy cars in the past so I would travel 100mi either way for the right car. I have seen a few on the market nearby but the more the merrier! Thanks for the offer.

+fireamx: These cars are so unique that I am willing to wait for the "sweet-spot" and adjust my posture if needed as I do plan to drive it daily. I'm glad to hear that the Crossfire has similar interior dimensions as the C3's as I have yet to test drive one. Thanks for the info.

ZERACER: I need to get back into the "Permagrin Club" as I have been driving econo-boxes and pickup trucks for the last 15 years. Not a lot of fun but good transportation/utility. I am in rainy Portland so, sadly, I avoid convertibles. My Corvette was a T-Top and that was awesome. I wish the Crossfire came with t-tops or a removable hard top. Thanks for the info.

As a side note: I was seriously considering a 2005-2009 Mustang but they are everywhere. I like the styling and build quality of the Crossfire so much that it changed my mind almost instantly.

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-15-2014, 12:16 AM

You will not regret looking at the srt,s

Old 12-16-2014, 10:40 PM

ChrisA: If I can find an SRT that is in my price range I would certainly consider it. I do have concerns about the extra maintenance with a blower though. Not to mention insuring it.

Cheers!