New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Skool me on the Crossfire

Old 02-19-2016, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Skool me on the Crossfire

Hey all, my name is mike. I've been creeping on here the last couple days and see that a lot of you are interested in straight line performance. I'm looking for my next toy and this car is a little different than the rest of the Chrysler lineup and want to learn a little more.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:22 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Skool me on the Crossfire

If you are interested in straight line performance, then you need to hang out in the SRT6 threads.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:51 PM
Received 552 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by redraptor
Hey all, my name is mike. I've been creeping on here the last couple days and see that a lot of you are interested in straight line performance. I'm looking for my next toy and this car is a little different than the rest of the Chrysler lineup and want to learn a little more.
You can learn a lot just by using SEARCH and read, read, read.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:05 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

straight line performance.
That is not a term I know, but then, I'm not a real "car guy".

Does this mean you want POWER or you want something to take to the 1/4 mile track and that you don't like curves? Because the Crossfire (no matter the trim) is a car that LOVES curves.

And the car is as much Chrysler as my Ford Ranger.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:41 PM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum Mike!

Old 02-20-2016, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You can learn a lot just by using SEARCH and read, read, read.
I just joined a month ago for advice before I bought my 2004 Blaze Red Coup, 6-speed. My decision to finally take the leap of faith and buy was much based upon the generous answers to questions and to having where to look on here pointed out to me.

Bill

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old 02-20-2016, 03:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Depending on your frame of reference there are bunches of options within the Crossfire family both stock and modified.

A good middle ground is the SRT 6 but it will be a slap stick only in stock form. Should you desire a bt more performance the common performance upgrades include:

Eurocharged tune
178 crank pulley
pulley saver kit
Needswings DCAI
Supercooler
Intercooler isolator
Ported teflon coated y-pipe

Much less common and certainly faster are the supercharged MB V8ed machines of some on this site.

In any case, it is rumored MB reserved the Black Line for only the fastest in any of the configurations.

Good luck.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:34 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, if you want an older platform, have some mechanical knowledge, an SRT6 is the cheapest HP around. Everyone in the SRT6 community has their road to more speed. The basic and the cheapest route to more HP out of an SRT6 is 1) Cold air intake 2) a smaller supercharger pulley 3) a tune to pull that altogether. Those 3 will produce the most HP. Now from there, there are several more mods that will chip away tenths of seconds in quarter mile terms. Good luck, but I have to tell you, it isn't the most friendly car for an old muscle car guy to work on. So, don't compare it to the Chrysler/Dodge family at all. Just sayin'.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:44 AM
Cool Re: Skool me on the Crossfire

Originally Posted by pizzaguy

Does this mean you want POWER or you want something to take to the 1/4 mile track and that you don't like curves? .
Thanks EVERYONE for your responses. While I was lurking I saw more posts on drag racing than auto cross which made me join.
My current ride is a '10 Challenger Classic I bought new. After the warranty ran out I thought about adding a supercharger and related components. I was on a forum where some guys have done this and were running mid 11's and wanted to know how and how much. Well, it aint a bolt on deal and to bring up the rest of the drivetrain to that level made me balk at modifying a car with 10k miles.
A few months later FCA announced the Hellcat. Already done with warranty. Makes modifying my car a mute point but can't get over sticker price or possible depreciation in a few years. I've been looking for an alternative for over a year.
This V-8 swap sounds interesting and I'm going to do more research.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:29 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

If you are thinking V-8 swap vs a Hellcat investment. I have a buddy with a hellcat, just upgraded his tune, and is about the 800 hp threshold. There is only one company worth investing in a swap...my guess would be in the mid 30's by the time all is done and done right. Still cheaper than a hellcat and would give a hellcat all it needs. My choice if I had the $$$$ would be buy the hellcat and move on. But there isn't anything wrong with doing business with Accelated Industries either. Both cars would be unique and a handful. Good luck...

Old 02-22-2016, 10:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a bunch of us that race. Most of us even have our best runs in our signatures below. Heck, some of us even tell you what's on them should you decide to follow suit. The vast majority of the 1/4 mile racers are SRT-6 folk. Nothing like crushing a ProCharged Hemi at the track with just 195ci!!!

Old 02-22-2016, 03:26 PM
Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

btw, they turn real good too!

Old 02-22-2016, 06:14 PM
Cool Re: Skool me on the Crossfire

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I have a buddy with a hellcat, just upgraded his tune, and is about the 800 hp threshold. My choice if I had the $$$$ would be buy the hellcat and move on. ..
Wow, that's cool and probably what you need to stay in the 10's as I haven't seen a Hellcat run below 11-teens at our local track.
Yeah, the technology is there and I don't want a dedicated racecar that I tow to the track and I sold my dually to make sure I don't.

challenger1.jpg

Old 02-22-2016, 09:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are wanting SRT6 and modified is a plus and Coupe is not a negative there was what sounded like a nice one advertised on this site out in Texas. A number of members seemed to know and respect the car and owner.