New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

littledummy

Old 02-12-2018, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default littledummy

My husband surprised me in 2014 with a 2004 Crossfire, 6 speed manual trani with 32,000 miles.(not bad for a 10 yr old car). I love it when I have a chance to drive it. Quess who drives it most? He looks good in it, but I look better, besides I am a lot smaller than he is!! We live in California, in the Sierra foothills around 3200 ft elevation, so we do get snow a few weeks a year than the 4x4's becomes handy.
I love to tinker around with electronics and etc.., but this is the only car we don't have a service and/or shop manuals. We have been using "HOW TO......" on the internet, but you can't trust
everything they tell you. So I thought to join Crossfireforum and receive correct information and fixes that I need. So, thank you in advance and be gentle with me. I do ask dumm question sometimes! That's why I am a littledummy!! I don't know much about forums and navigating within.
As of now, trying to figure out, why the seat controls don't work on the driver side. Attemted to drive it the other day and I was a few inches to short to engage the clutch enough before it stalled. Tried to move the seat forward a couple of inches and it didn't move. PROBLEM !! I don't know about the passanger side but soon find out. I am going to follow some threads members shared pertaining to this problem. Thanks again everybody.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:33 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: littledummy

Welcome !
The seat is probably a bad seat relay, you can find info on this and all manuals in the link below.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:30 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by littledummy
My husband surprised me in 2014 with a 2004 Crossfire, 6 speed manual trani with 32,000 miles.(not bad for a 10 yr old car). I love it when I have a chance to drive it. Quess who drives it most? He looks good in it, but I look better, besides I am a lot smaller than he is!! We live in California, in the Sierra foothills around 3200 ft elevation, so we do get snow a few weeks a year than the 4x4's becomes handy.
I love to tinker around with electronics and etc.., but this is the only car we don't have a service and/or shop manuals. We have been using "HOW TO......" on the internet, but you can't trust
everything they tell you. So I thought to join Crossfireforum and receive correct information and fixes that I need. So, thank you in advance and be gentle with me. I do ask dumm question sometimes! That's why I am a littledummy!! I don't know much about forums and navigating within.
As of now, trying to figure out, why the seat controls don't work on the driver side. Attemted to drive it the other day and I was a few inches to short to engage the clutch enough before it stalled. Tried to move the seat forward a couple of inches and it didn't move. PROBLEM !! I don't know about the passanger side but soon find out. I am going to follow some threads members shared pertaining to this problem. Thanks again everybody.
So the height and seat back adjustments do not work either I take it. Have you tried to move the seat with the door open? One problem is that the seat works when the door is open but not when the door is closed. There is a simple solution to this problem.
Maybe it is a fuse, have you checked the fuse?
Do not call yourself a dummy, dummies are the ones who do not ask questions and therefore do not learn.
The service and owners manuals are in the link provided by ala_xfire and the link below in my post here, manuals and practically everything you would want to know.

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-13-2018 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:04 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

Be sure to log in every time or you won't see the links, photos etc. The manuals and other info can be downloaded and saved to your computer. WELCOME!

Old 02-13-2018, 03:31 PM

Thank you for your prompt reply. I haven't checked the fuse yet , as there are no fuse position diagram on the cover. Need figure out which fuse it is. In addition, the seat does NOT move with the door open or closed. My guess, to begin with could be the fuse. I hope it's that. SIMPLE! Looking into that on the link.
I printed the info from the link, now I just have to do the work. I already have most of the screws out, as I had to remove the sticky ignition switch module because the key would not turn. That was a little tricky, but it works fine now.
I hope this is going to be as easy. I know a little about relays and soldering circuit boards.
Thank you for that info on downloading link, this is really helpful!!
How long does one stay logged in?

Old 02-13-2018, 04:39 PM

Thank you, It was the fuses?. In position 21 & 22 30amp. they looked and even checked out ok, but decided to replace it anyway. Now both seats are working, but looking at the schematic the relay could be the problem as it feeds ckts 21 & 22. May be a stuck relay (or ground), but on the other hand once relay goes it's gone. I just doubled checked the power seats and it works with door open or closed. At least, before I reinstall the rest of the dash, I can take off the remaining dash and check out the relay.. It won't hurt,! I might just purchase a new relay. Thanks again Annamarie

Old 02-13-2018, 04:43 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by littledummy
Thank you for your prompt reply. I haven't checked the fuse yet , as there are no fuse position diagram on the cover. Need figure out which fuse it is. In addition, the seat does NOT move with the door open or closed. My guess, to begin with could be the fuse. I hope it's that. SIMPLE! Looking into that on the link.
I printed the info from the link, now I just have to do the work. I already have most of the screws out, as I had to remove the sticky ignition switch module because the key would not turn. That was a little tricky, but it works fine now.
I hope this is going to be as easy. I know a little about relays and soldering circuit boards.
Thank you for that info on downloading link, this is really helpful!!
How long does one stay logged in?
Fuse #21 for the passenger side and #22 for the driver side. See attachment.
You stay logged in for a long time.
With good ears you can hear the relay clicking when you push the door closing switches.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Doc5.pdf (369.1 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-13-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:35 AM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Take it from a Pizzaguy in a Dunce Cap:
Next time the seat wont' move, try the passenger side. If both wont move, it's the seat relay.

And it seems like it's ALWAYS the seat relay.

BETTER YET - sell the damn car and get ya a Base model, or better yet, an SE like mine:

'cause Base and SEs dont have those uncomfortable leather powered seats - they have nice, manual, comfy cloth seats.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 02-15-2018 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:16 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Welcome !
The seat is probably a bad seat relay, you can find info on this and all manuals in the link below.
Very common problem. As I recall, our's was an intermittent failure for some time, as was our "sticky key"/ignition switch, before replacement. No problem since, (many years). Welcome and enjoy!

Last edited by lovecross; 02-25-2018 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:44 AM
Received 134 Likes on 111 Posts

Don't forget to lubricate the seat mechanisms and tracks, that will reduces the stress on seat motors which can blow the fuses