New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Soft Brake problem

Old 04-17-2018, 04:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Soft Brake problem

Has anyone experienced a soft brake pedal? I had new rotors and pads installed about 2 months ago and the pedal is about half way down and very soft. This is on a 2005 Limited Coupe with about 74K miles. Took it back to the shop and they re-bled the brakes and adjusted them again. Did not improve the pedal feel. I feel the pedal should be firm, like on all cars with normal operating brakes. The car sat for about 2 months and when I got in the other day the ABS light came on in the dash and the pedal went almost to the floor. I switched the ABS switch on and off several times and the pedal came back to about half. If I pump the brakes two or three times, they get nice and firm. Could this be a master cylinder or caliper problem? I checked with the Chrysler dealer and they want $460 plus labor to put in a new master cylinder. Expensive for a guess at the problem. If anyone has experienced this, could you let me know what it was and how you fixed it, or if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

I hope this post goes thru because I tried to post it under new posts but it never showed up in the new post section. I'm sorry to use the new member section but it's the only way I seem to be able to post something. I need help with this (posting a message or thread) as well as the brake problem. If you need to contact me, my email is jpmlholian@aol.com. Sure could use your help on both problems.

Jim Holian
jpmlholian@aol.com