New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Key

Old 12-08-2018, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key

I’m not sure if it’s my key one person suggest it but I’m not sure but it seem my car won’t start and I have to turn key back and forward than it will start does this sound familiar to anyone ?

Old 12-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts
Default Re: Key

If the car starts, the key is fine. Even if it takes a few attempts to start, if it starts, the key is fine.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:22 PM
DHS

Do you mean the key will not turn to the cranking position unless you try a few times or that you have to crank it a while be for it runs. The first is a key problem the second is the fuel system pressure leaking down when off. For low pressure turn the key to ON then listen for the fuel pump to run about four seconds then stop, when that happens turn to START and it should fire up.

Old 01-05-2019, 01:57 PM

My exerience has been that if the key is in the accessory position (one turn position to the right of off and locked) that when turned to the start position the car will not start. It appears that only by returning the key to the full off and locked position and then turning to the start position will the car start. I have an 05 Roadster.

Old 01-05-2019, 04:18 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Sasha, I think you are referring to the "starter non-repeat feature" in the Owner's Manual under "Normal Starting" (page 132 for 2004).
As Aquaman said, you have to turn the key all the way counter-clockwise to OFF/LOCK, then turn to START again.
However, if you feel the key "sticking" in the process, you may also have the Sticky Key syndrome.
When we got Silver Bullet II, I experienced both the non-repeat feature AND Sticky Key when on the test drive, I stalled from a stop on top of a hill. The dealer had no clue why it wouldn't restart, then the key stuck in the OFF/LOCK position until jiggled loose.
If you haven't done the Sticky Key fix, please do so ASAP, It's not "if" but "when" your key will stick in the ignition switch and you'll be in big do-do (a lot more work to fix it).
Cheers,