New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

First Post Hello from Georgia

Old 03-02-2019, 09:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default First Post Hello from Georgia

Hello, this is my first post and thought I would say hello. I'm an older guy who comes from many years of motorcycles and Mazda Miatas
I sold my most recent Miata a year ago and since then I've been looking for something else cool and different to play with. I'm thinking maybe the Crossfire might be it.
I've always loved the looks of the car even though I've never been a Chrysler fan. However, I'm not looking for a daily driver, so putting up with a few occasional fixes doesn't bother me.

So, I've been doing some surfing and Googling and I'm just starting to learn what I can about this car. Even though the Miata is a convertible, I think I prefer the coupe in this car and that's what I think I'll be looking for. And, I have never driven one so that's next on the list. I don't expect it to handle like a Miata, just something I can cruise in occasionally and with a decent sound system....which probably means some additional money spent for a stereo system upgrade. Anyway...I'm an hour north of Atlanta in Gainesville and if there is anyone else here from the area....I'd love to come by and see your car if that wouldn't be an imposition. And if you have one for sale in my area, please let me know. Thanks for letting me join this forum!

Steve

Last edited by Hawker; 03-02-2019 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:58 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts
Default Re: First Post Hello from Georgia

You are at the epicenter of what I believe is the best bunch in the USA. I just moved from there to Texas - the North Georgia bunch is really active. There is an SRT Roadster for sale not ten miles from you that I wish I was in the market for.

If you are on Facebook, it is easy to connect with them, if not, I can get one of them to come over here - they meet as often as every month (usually just for dinner) and have at least three tech days/social events a year.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:13 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts

Welcome Hawker
As Pizzaguy said in the post before mine here .... You are at the epicenter of what he believes is the best bunch in the USA
Welcome to the forum and I'm sure it wont take long to find yourself a nice Crossfire and many good folks locally to spend time with and learn all about the car

Gary

Old 03-04-2019, 09:18 AM
Received 134 Likes on 111 Posts

You won't go wrong on the Crossfire. I'm 73 and went from a Honda v-65 motorcycle to a miata . It was a fun car but didn't have any power. Sold it and bought a 07 limited 6 speed manual roadster convertible. the steering is not as precise as the miata but the crossfire surpasses the miata in everything else. ride, power, size, sound system, comfort and no rattles. the convertible is way quieter even at highway speeds, Hope this helps

Old 03-04-2019, 09:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys. I appreciate your responses and suggestions!