New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Noob from AZ checking in

Old 05-29-2021, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob from AZ checking in

Greetings!

My name is Nils, I知 based in Arizona, USA, although I also split time in New England. I知 into old Japanese bikes, but increasingly find myself intrigued with these cars. Have my sights set on an SRT6 convertible for the moment, so my mission is to learn more here and talk myself in or out of buying one.

Looking forward to learning and sharing here, seems like a great resource and a great group of folks.

Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA

Old 05-29-2021, 04:17 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Re: Noob from AZ checking in

Welcome Nils
You have found the right place to be convinced to purchase a Crossfire
Al of us here love these cars and will encourage you to chase your intrigue and get that SRT6 you are in search for
Good luck with the search as the SRT6 Roadster is the rarest of them all
Only 902 were made !!

Gary

Originally Posted by Noblehops
Greetings!

My name is Nils, I知 based in Arizona, USA, although I also split time in New England. I知 into old Japanese bikes, but increasingly find myself intrigued with these cars. Have my sights set on an SRT6 convertible for the moment, so my mission is to learn more here and talk myself in or out of buying one.

Looking forward to learning and sharing here, seems like a great resource and a great group of folks.

Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA

The following users liked this post:
Noblehops (05-29-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 08:25 AM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Welcome!
Im new here as well I have a SRT convertible. Love my car. We named her Royal.
Hope you find a SRT this a great place to learn all things Crossfire!

Old 05-31-2021, 08:56 AM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

Welcome to our Forum & good luck with your search for a Crossfire.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:20 AM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts
Old 05-31-2021, 11:58 AM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by Noblehops
Greetings!

My name is Nils, I’m based in Arizona, USA, although I also split time in New England. I’m into old Japanese bikes, but increasingly find myself intrigued with these cars. Have my sights set on an SRT6 convertible for the moment, so my mission is to learn more here and talk myself in or out of buying one.

Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA
This is easy. I suspect you'd be very happy in the Crossfire community. But we can tell easily by looking at a few questions.

When a car (not a 40 year old motorcycle) has trouble, is your first response to take it to a dealer? If yes, close your browser and do not EVER come back here again. Forget Crossfires.

When a car (not a 40 year old motorcycle) has trouble, is your first response to take it to a local "mechanic"? If yes, there is a little hope for you, perhaps we can get you into some tech days and we can help you out. If you don't like the sound of "tech days" and think it sounds silly, you probably best just forget Crossfires.

Are you up to learn from and listen to the experienced "tech heads", to the point it sounds like fun? If yes, you are probably going to like owning these cars.

Can you discern when someone is well meaning but ignorant (like on Facebook, when an owner tells you that your car runs rough because the gas cap is loose)? If yes, you will probably not have a hard time with tech issues.

MY POINT: The Crossfire is little different from other cars of the past fifteen years - it's full of electronics that are not well documented, it was intended you take the car to a dealer every time a light on the panel comes on. Problem is, factory support for Crossfires is GONE, we are on our own. PERIOD. This is what makes Crossfire ownership frustrating and expensive, apart from this group. Many Crossfires make it to 150,000 miles or more with no more issues than a water pump or bad battery - easily fixed by most shops. But if you have trouble with some of the odd issues (like the famous RCM that no garage or dealer can diagnose) you better be part of this group. Better yet, you should have a spare RCM and crank sensor in the trunk at all times.

The above tells you if you should or should not buy one of these cars. Now it's up to you to make up your mind if you want one of these cars, I hope you do and I hope you join us - I'm thinking of buying an old Japanese bike and I need some tech support myself.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 05-31-2021 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:37 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I'm thinking of buying an old Japanese bike and I need some tech support myself.
Don't !
​​​​​​​Get a 60's/ 70's / 80's Triumph Bonneville or one of the new Royal Enfields

Old 05-31-2021, 01:03 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Don't !
​​​​​​​Get a 60's/ 70's / 80's Triumph Bonneville or one of the new Royal Enfields
That INT650 is the one! Thanks for this, George.
I had no idea, but they GOTTA get their dealer network going.

Old 06-02-2021, 07:24 AM
Forum Regular
Received 196 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
This is easy. I suspect you'd be very happy in the Crossfire community. But we can tell easily by looking at a few questions.

When a car (not a 40 year old motorcycle) has trouble, is your first response to take it to a dealer? If yes, close your browser and do not EVER come back here again. Forget Crossfires.

When a car (not a 40 year old motorcycle) has trouble, is your first response to take it to a local "mechanic"? If yes, there is a little hope for you, perhaps we can get you into some tech days and we can help you out. If you don't like the sound of "tech days" and think it sounds silly, you probably best just forget Crossfires.

Are you up to learn from and listen to the experienced "tech heads", to the point it sounds like fun? If yes, you are probably going to like owning these cars.

Can you discern when someone is well meaning but ignorant (like on Facebook, when an owner tells you that your car runs rough because the gas cap is loose)? If yes, you will probably not have a hard time with tech issues.

MY POINT: The Crossfire is little different from other cars of the past fifteen years - it's full of electronics that are not well documented, it was intended you take the car to a dealer every time a light on the panel comes on. Problem is, factory support for Crossfires is GONE, we are on our own. PERIOD. This is what makes Crossfire ownership frustrating and expensive, apart from this group. Many Crossfires make it to 150,000 miles or more with no more issues than a water pump or bad battery - easily fixed by most shops. But if you have trouble with some of the odd issues (like the famous RCM that no garage or dealer can diagnose) you better be part of this group. Better yet, you should have a spare RCM and crank sensor in the trunk at all times.

The above tells you if you should or should not buy one of these cars. Now it's up to you to make up your mind if you want one of these cars, I hope you do and I hope you join us - I'm thinking of buying an old Japanese bike and I need some tech support myself.
.....fantastic summation, Pizzaguy.!! Especially the next to last paragraph.

this Caveat Emptor should be required reading for all Interested buyers.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:55 AM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Don't !
Get a 60's/ 70's / 80's Triumph Bonneville or one of the new Royal Enfields
I used to own one of the early model Triumph Tridents! Bike was scary fast!!