Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Fredericksburg VA Area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Fredericksburg VA Area?

Have you used the pops a dent on your crossfire before? I have read about them but never made the leap and purchased one. I would love to give it a try. Looks like no meet up tonight at VA BBQ.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it works great, but will need to wax the area again after the treatment the hot glue will take the wax off, but it will pop the dent too. You are more than welcome to come over one day, and we can wok on your dent and your lenses. I have the official Chrysler repair kit.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:48 PM

Looks like it is going to be canceled tonight, even if they have it nobody will show up. I have found that it doesn't have to actually rain for nobody to be there.

Everyone down for next week?

Old 08-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Forum Regular

Scott that sounds great. Sunday would be a good day but let me know when you are available. Looking out the window now to the south I can see large thunder heads so it may very well be raining by the time the meet would have occurred.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Forum Regular

My weather prediction was accurate. Is the Chrysler kit intended for haze on the outside of the lens or the inside? I just need the proper equipment to buff the outside of the lens. And in regards to the pops a dent, the dent I have is about a 1 1/2' long with no paint damage. More of a long crease. I think the pops a dent could work for it but I know it is really intended for circular dents. What do you think?

Old 08-28-2009, 05:13 PM

The Pods-a-dent will probably not fix it completely, but will be vastly better than it was. Be advised that you have to do it several times.

The Chrysler lens kit is for the outside.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Forum Regular

Great. Let me know when you are available.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:31 PM

It needs to be HOT out when we do the lenses, I hpe there is enough for 2 cars =) I am 12 on 12 off during the week except Friday, BZ this weekend, will have to be next weekend, supposed to be warm. Better in the mid afternoon when the sun is in my driveway. PM your Celland I will send you mine, and we'll coordinate.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:26 AM

I will be at the cruise-in, but I may be there a little late, it starts at 6, but I may be after that

Old 09-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kept running into Crossfires yesterday going opposite directions.

Silver coupe on rt 1 (2 times I think but didn't see driver second time, first time i seen a lot of blond hair, could have been 2 different ones though, seemed like second time it was tinted.)

Graphite Roadster on Cowan
Black roadster downtown rt2

put a hand up each time but don't think I got anyones attention

Also seen 3 while i was back in Canada. 2 white coupes, one lowered nice and a black base completely blacked out (sidemarkers, wheels, windows, custom jewels etc) Was pretty surprising considering the roads and weather in Saskatchewan.

Last edited by Airscape; 09-09-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:39 PM

Did you drive back to Canada?

One heck of a trip

The Gray Roadster is an SRT and I have see it a few times in and around town. There is an identical car to mine that parks near Hyperion every afternoon, and a SSB Roadster that parks at the Train Station in the Handicapped spots every day (never washes the car either). I have some CICCI cards the FP gave to me at Carlisle, and I am going start putting some on the windshields of some of these cars when I see them parked

Old 09-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Forum Regular

Na only took a week off, def didn't want to spend the entire time driving even as much as I love the crossfire. (getting close to 40k also :-p ) I do see the one outside Hyperion often on my way home from work but never seen the owner. Had some time one day and was gonna park and wait but figured that be pretty stalkerish lol.

Last edited by Airscape; 09-09-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Forum Regular

Went to Richmond this past weekend for the race. Had a great time but didn't take the XF with me. Denny Hamlin was victorious! It was great to watch him win on his home track and everyone in the stands went wild when he burned out in front of us. Talk about loud!

After the race I saw a red Xfire coupe waiting in traffic as we walked back to our bus. The windows were down so I called out "Nice Crossfire!" and received a thank you in reply. It would have been neat to have had the car at the race.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:21 PM

I see Lighthorse around all of the time, I finally saw his black SRT, yes it is going to snow, harry took the car out of the garage! - LOL Nice car Lighthorse!

My car is going to be a little more distinct, I received my new wheels and tires from the Tire rack. They are off brand wheels, but they are exactly what I was looking for, and fresh Goodyear Eagle F1's all around, now I get to see how fast I can rub them off. - LOL

I am booked solid till October with work, There is a car show at Dulles Airport October 3 (cost $10 I think) and an air show too, and thnen I was going to come home through the mountains and try to breakethese babies inn for the Dragon, anyone into trying to keep up with me?

There is a Cruise (more gentile I think) on Oct 24
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post416560
I will be there as well, not to mention the Dragon:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...1-nov-1-a.html

Hope to see y'all soon

Old 09-29-2009, 10:51 AM

Sad News, Our local Crossfire tech is lost:

Fredericksburg.com - Britt Sales & Service will sell its remaining RVs, then close its doors

Old 09-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Forum Regular

That sucks big, glad i got a few things fixed before they were gone. I have been waiting to get some of the major TSB items done, looks like I will need to do some driving to get service now Looks like everyone has moved on to other things though which is good, hate to see them out of a job they always gave me good service.

Also seen the Black SRT a few days ago and it was actually going the same way. Had to stop at a light and ended up talking for a quick minute (to long judging by the empty turn lane in front of me :P ) Was nice to talk to another owner and made me wish I went for the SRT

Last edited by Airscape; 09-29-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:33 AM
Forum Regular

I actually drove down rt. 1 today past the old Chrysler dealership. Looks a lot different these days. Someone decided to sell RVs out of that building. That whole car dealership corridor on rt. 1 is essentially unrecognizable from this time last year. Easterns has also gone completely out. Saturn only has a remnant of its inventory left. All of the corvettes that use to be out front of the Chevy dealership have been replaced with utility vans. Rough times.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:56 PM

Hi, i am new to the forum (at least in writing) I was in Fredericksburg this past weekend and saw the RVs in the old Chrysler dealership. It was sad, kinda looked like a little ghost town on the hill. I purchased a red roadster limited with the white and black interior last Nov. at the now gone dealer in Leesburg in northern Va. It was an incredible deal, a 2006 (inservice 4/07) purchased by a older lady that ended up trading for a larger MB. She had only put 4000 miles on the car. I purchased the car for 19,000. Not a ding or swirl on the body, just perfect. I added the clear bra and a wind breaker and sat. radio. I don't head out to your area but maybe once a month I'll try to show up at your meeting place on Fridays sometime. You mentioned that the Crossfire tech is gone, now I live in Unionville the last time i took my car to the Culpeper dealership, about 3 months ago, they still had a Crossfire tech. If you see a red roadster with the plates SLKNSD
that will be me weaving in and out of the rough traffic there in Fredricksburg trying to stay in front of everybody and having fun doing so. John

Old 10-01-2009, 11:56 AM

Cool John, welcome, hope to see you this Friday weather permitting. 10/30 will be the last one for the year, but I will be at the Dragon that weekend.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Forum Regular

Welcome! There are a lot of crossfires within an hour from here. If only everyone was on this site we could probably put a pretty big gathering together.

I keep kicking myself for not putting in reservations for the Dragon but we have a new facility opening that week so not sure if I will be able to get out of town. I also wanted to do a couple mods and fix ups before then. Been hoping for a nice set of original SRT or limited wheels to go up for sale so I could get rid of these ugly (rash and bad paint) sets I have. Also wanted to get the Koni/Eibach setup and dial it in on the run. I did just get a set of the mopar diffusers in today but they don't exactly do much . Will try to pick up a stabilizer from the MB dealer this weekend and hopefully put that and the diffusers on. I'll have to take a look in the bank but Koni+Eibach is def next.

Quick Reply: Fredericksburg VA Area?