Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Fredericksburg VA Area?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fredericksburg VA Area?

Originally Posted by ichon
Hey VA XF Owners............how many of you are planning on attending the All-Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, PA next July? I am trying to get a "number" so we can schedule a caravan up. LMK
If I go it will be like this year either a day trip of Just Sat Night. I cannot afford to take any time off from work. I go up Friday night after work will probably be trailering the car. Gonna be tough though, we are going to STL for the week, and May is or 25th anniversary so there is a cruise for a week, and pretty much blows my leave for the year

Old 12-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the rare gold colors is for sale at the doge dealership at 4mile fork.(2007) Didn't stop to check the info but a good drive by if you haven't seen one.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:09 PM

Seen a coupl of the gold ones, they are nice. There is a new one in town I saw it twice today a Gray SRT coupe. I was driving the van, so I didn't wave.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:44 PM

After the government made Britt Chrysler or Fredericsburg go out of business, and scattered the 3 Crossfire trained techs to the winds, I located my friend Kenny the former head mechanic at Britt and a Crossfire trained tech at:

Express Auto Service
2201 Jefferson Davis Highway Fredericksburg
(540) 372-4422

Don't forget to tell him that Scott sent you. If you need warranty work done, Kenny told me that the other 2 techs landed here:

Safford Motors Dodge
www.saffordauto.com
5202 Jefferson Davis Highway
Fredericksburg, VA 22408-2606
(540) 898-7200

and Here:

Chrysler of Culpeper
www.chryslerofculpeper.com
11030 James Monroe Highway
Culpeper, VA 22701-8081
(540) 547-3900

I do not know their names, but Kenny infored me that they are the only Crossfire Techs at those locations, so they should be easy to find.

Everyone have a safe winter.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:48 PM

I hope everyone is surviving the snowstorm OK. I got home from work yesterday just as the first flakes started falling & put the cover over the Crossfire. We now have about 2 feet of snow which is the largest December snowfall ever for this area. I can't see any of the XF. I guess I will drive my Suzuki next week.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Forum Regular

I put the all seasons on in November for the last couple years, no problems. Handles very well and I couldn't live without my heated seats. I had an old ranger as a winter beater but after the first winter it was gone. The worst part is just feeling bad for doing it lol.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:25 AM

with the summer tires on and no all seasons in sight, mine is tucked up in the garage and covered too. I got the 07 TC van with the heated seats for that reason, and they are better than the heated seats in the crossfire. The van has a sunroof too, and enough heat that I can open the sunroof in the winter. Can't do that with the roadster withought freezing my @$$ off.

I am still in the market for some all seasons for the stock wheels, but the next time I change wheels, I will be setup to do the TPS and brakes too. I want to paint the calipers as well.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night =)

Old 12-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Forum Regular

Somebody decided to leave me an early Christmas present in the form of a big *** dent on the passenger side front. How that is even possible in a parking lot is beyond me but there is no way it was an oops and they didn't notice. Pant did not crack so hopefully I can get it pulled out but that's out of my own pocket as they neglected to leave a note (imagine that)

Also the set of winter rims I bought last year from somebody here were actually bent (front) and slowly leak air from the sides because of it, now I have to buy another set of those also. *sigh* It seems like as soon as I have the cash to buy the upgrades I want something happens to drain the bank.

Body Shop recommendations?

Old 12-30-2009, 12:37 AM

Southern Auto Body Incwww.sabva.com

10881 Houser Drive
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
(540) 898-1809

They worked on mine when I backed into the Fire Hydrandt

Old 03-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Forum Regular

Been quiet in here, how is everyone doing? Got your babies tucked away still? Starting to warm up so ill prob throw the PS2s back on pretty soon. Was a dirty winter though, got new mess of swirls to take care of and def need a new coat of wax.

Just hit 42k not to long ago and double wrench service light just popped up. Will try to take it to Safford Dodge and see how that goes.

TVT has a good deal on suspension setup right now so I am thinking about jumping on that. Just over 1k for Koni, Eibach, Spring Pads, Camber Arms+ bolts.

Overall, still running and looking great for a 6 year old ride (2 years for me) been dumping cash into payments also so she should be all mine by the end of the year...might have to pick up another one for a garage queen

Summer Projects: Finish Console and silver trim color change (Need Climate Control Module and Benz switches + painting speaker trim and little bits)
Lower with Konis and Eibachs.

Possible New set of wheels + brake swap.

Have also seen a couple new ones around town. Most notable a red coupe with exhaust,(slightly crooked) rims (TSWs i think) and billet grill (upper and lower)

See you guys around soon I hope!

Old 03-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Forum Regular

Took it to Safford today and was a good experience. I heard stories where they didn't use the proper mobil 1 (not this location just with crossfire in general) so I picked up 9 quarts at advanced auto last night and left em in the passenger seat. About 3 I got a call from the tech wondering if I wanted to use those. I said I brought it just in case they didn't keep the mobile 1 0w-40 in stock and he said they did not. He supplied the filter so with that and an inspection the total came to 52$ .... sweet! Oil was about 70 so overall much cheaper than I paid for single wrench last year (about 175ish) and not sure what oil they put in it...

Old 03-16-2010, 07:26 PM

I just got back from vacation Saturday and got the car out. I probably haven't driven it 2 weeks out of the last 3 months. It is my daily driver, but luckily I have the old Suzuki for bad weather. I live 1/4 mile up the side of a small mountain with a dirt driveway, so even after the snow melted, I couldn't get the XF up the driveway. It is supposed to be close to 70 the next couple of days, so I finally get to go topless again.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by inot2old
I just got back from vacation Saturday and got the car out. I probably haven't driven it 2 weeks out of the last 3 months. It is my daily driver, but luckily I have the old Suzuki for bad weather. I live 1/4 mile up the side of a small mountain with a dirt driveway, so even after the snow melted, I couldn't get the XF up the driveway. It is supposed to be close to 70 the next couple of days, so I finally get to go topless again.
I will be out in the Sun on Friday, and cleaning & polishing Saturday. The first show at the BBQ is the 26th.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Airscape
Took it to Safford today and was a good experience. I heard stories where they didn't use the proper mobil 1 (not this location just with crossfire in general) so I picked up 9 quarts at advanced auto last night and left em in the passenger seat. About 3 I got a call from the tech wondering if I wanted to use those. I said I brought it just in case they didn't keep the mobile 1 0w-40 in stock and he said they did not. He supplied the filter so with that and an inspection the total came to 52$ .... sweet! Oil was about 70 so overall much cheaper than I paid for single wrench last year (about 175ish) and not sure what oil they put in it...
That's good to know. I have a filter, gonna get the oil when I can find it. I have a wrench on my odometer now indicating 500 miles till service, If I am going to the Spring Dragon GTG, I need to get it looked at before then. Also still looking for a trailer.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:18 PM

Hey, i know its been a while, but instead of starting a new forum i thought i would be easier to post on an already existing forum. I drive a 04 Coupe Sapphire blue and live in the Stafford area. I was curious if there are any XFire groups that exist in our general area.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:07 PM

I want to thank Scott for his warm welcome when I saw him at the cruise in last Friday at VA BBQ. I really appreciate the information on your mechanic. Your convertible looks great!

-Morgan
SSB SRT

Old 04-23-2010, 08:54 AM

Good to meet you Morgan. I will not be around for a few weeks, but I will be back to the VA BBQ on May 14, let's try to get as many XFIRES there that weekend as we can. If I get a chance before we go away, I will send out som PM's

Old 04-25-2010, 03:03 PM

I want to make it up to F'burg again this year. Maybe the 14th would be a good day.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:01 AM

Cool, we look forward to seeing you again. I probis to make it to Orage at lest once this year

Old 05-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Forum Regular

Hey guys, if you are meting up on the 14th, would love to come over the mountain, let me know

Quick Reply: Fredericksburg VA Area?