Other Cars The Crossfire isn't the only car out there. Discuss all the others in here.

thoughts of the upcoming bmw Z4 coupe?

Old 09-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default thoughts of the upcoming bmw Z4 coupe?

a love or hate relationship... i personally think its cool.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
14[1].jpg (313.6 KB, 340 views)
File Type: jpg
10[1].jpg (251.5 KB, 337 views)
Old 09-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: thoughts of the upcoming bmw Z4 coupe?

i'm personally not a fan. i think the Cayman is a much better car, and it looks MUCH better. the z coupe was always an "ugly cool car" it'll depend on what engines they put in.

Old 09-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it looks better than the roadster. I agree with Former NXMX5 I like the Caymans looks better, but I don't know if I'd say it's a better car. I always thought BMW should have come out with a fastback, or sloping roof line on the Z3. with the wide rear fenders, add a "duck tail" rear spoiler and it would have looked like a baby viper...(sorry babyviper).

Last edited by +fireamx; 09-16-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just don't care for the Z4...really I think BMW as a whole hasn't got the classy looking cars like they used to. Too many angles or something has ruined the design of their cars.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Epyon

i think that BMW has the best cars to date, and i can't wait to get a Z4 coupe.

Old 09-18-2005, 09:47 PM
kusheen

Even though there are Z3's on every corner now, they still turn my head. The Z3 Coupe even more so. I love that car. The lines of the Z3 are timeless.

The Z4 is butt ugly. The coupe is simply a butt ugly coupe.

Old 09-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never been a fan or the Z4 and I sure don't care for this one. The Z3's are nice but they are everywhere and usually trashed. I'd take a Solstice before the Z4.

pat

Old 09-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Forum Regular

I need to see it in person before I make any comments. I do like BMWs, who doesn't, but the right now I'd say the Cayman is going to be more popular. I always liked the "M" roadster and thought the "M" coupe was an afterthought.

Old 09-23-2005, 07:34 PM

i would think alot of crossfire owners would like this car...both the crossfire and the z4 coupe have a similar shape. I personally love this car, very unique and mean looking.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:32 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

saw a new Z4 M coupe at my local dealer today...

i didn't realize they were out yet.

it is tc kline's new ride... he said he was breaking it in on his way to watkins glen (leaving from the dealer today).

it was white... boy did it look great in person... i wish i had my camera.

Old 06-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the new Z4 coupe is one of those cars you need to see in person (like at the car show, or better yet, on the road) before you pass judgment.
Personally, I like it as much or more than I "disliked" the roadster.

Old 06-02-2006, 10:02 AM

I've read that the Z4 M roadster kicks butt with +/- 254 kw of power. The Z4 3.0 si has 195 kw of power, 2.5 has 160 kw. Looks wise the Z4 has carried a love/hate badge for most - some say the same about our crossies!! I have the limited crossfire not srt 6. If I had to I would go for the Z4 - it apparently does handle better??!! Thoughts anyone?

Old 06-02-2006, 08:35 PM

I think the Coupe is one of the better looking designs that BMW have produced in recent years - its got that touch of individuality. Looks much better when its moving too.

Here's a vid of the Coupe lapping the Ascari circuit:
Z4 on track

Last edited by woody; 06-02-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I traded my '04 Z4 2.5 in for my current '05 SRT6. I miss some of the features of that car. For one the roof, I now have a coupe. There are little touches like the auto dimming mirrors (really miss those) and the super smooth I6. However the SRT6 makes me forget all that...FAST!

The Z4 steering is electrically assisted and a little too light for me. I truly prefer that of the SRT (the M models do away with the electric assist).

I have taken both out on the track. This is one of the key reasons why the SRT is in my garage. I realize that it would be fairer to compare the SRT to the M but I didn't have an M.

I was looking at major upgrades to the Z, supercharger, suspension, wheels and tires. Total $20 grand plus or just get a new Z4 M (my car plus another $24K plus) So when the $28K "new" (670 miles) SRT came available, it took only $2K cash and the Z4 put the SRT in my garage.

When I start to miss the Z4, I just push a little harder with the right foot, it always brings a little smile to my face.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Forum Regular

Must have seen 10 Z4's today, they seem to be everywhere in the UK, never seen another roadster in the Uk (unique ). One happened to park behind me today...

IMHO ... Z4 = BUTT UGLY

Old 06-06-2006, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by bollox
Must have seen 10 Z4's today, they seem to be everywhere in the UK, never seen another roadster in the Uk (unique ). One happened to park behind me today...

IMHO ... Z4 = BUTT UGLY
I TOTALLY agree bollox...that is one of the ugliest cars on the road. The Z3 was not a bad looking car but not the 4...bad!!!

Old 06-06-2006, 02:53 PM

I like it! More so than I like the Z3 "M" Coupe, plus the Z4 "M" Coupe has 330 hp under the hood. Making it faster than the M3.

This will most likley be my next car. When I get bored of my Crossfire... YA RIGHT!

Old 06-06-2006, 03:03 PM

From the pictures on BMW's website, it does not look quite as homely as the roadster. The interior look is similar to the X-fire.

Ours is way cooler!

Old 06-06-2006, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by murphrx8
i would think alot of crossfire owners would like this car...both the crossfire and the z4 coupe have a similar shape. I personally love this car, very unique and mean looking.
it looks like a cheap kit car with a buick grill.

Old 06-08-2006, 08:56 AM

I find the BMW Z cars confusing. The standard models are too soft, and the M models too hard (riding, edgy, etc.). They don't seem to find the sweet middle spot that Porsche has found for the Boxter and Cayman (both standard and S versions). Of course, Audi makes the same mistakes with the sedan-based TT, which will always come short in the pure sport department no matter how striking the styling.

I'm not a ragtop guy, preferring coupes. The packaging of the Z coupes, and competing models like the Crossfire, Audi TT, Cayman, 350Z and RX8 all fit my desires for a one-car solution that offers a real sport (vs. hot hatch or sedan) experience with a bit of room for elbows and cargo. The very next size up, say Infiniti G35 and Acura RSX, with their rear seats, are just a bit too big for what I want, and the next size down, say Honda S2000 or Solstice, are just too small (both interior and cargo).

While we can debate the Z's styling (I like it, but don't love it), I do think that BMW has been making some missteps lately: the fidgety electric steering, and thumpy/uncommunicative run-flat tires both diminish the clarity of response that have made the marquee so successful over the last 35 years. Luckily, the smart shopper can spec most models without these annoyances.

Quick Reply: thoughts of the upcoming bmw Z4 coupe?