Other Vehicles The place to talk about watercraft, boats, trains, planes and anything with an engine that isn't a car.

Subarion/Scionbaru BRS/FRZ is now a contender

Old 09-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up Subarion/Scionbaru BRS/FRZ is now a contender

Yes, I intentionally muddled the names of the clone cars. Dyslexics are teople poo.

On a serious note, months after the release of the BRZ/FRS, they now have.....

a.....

TURBO KIT!

Accelerated Performance FRS/BRZ-300 Turbo Kit - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

And a big kahuna, corn-fed version to boot:

Worlds Fastest Turbo BRZ gets faster! Accelerated Performance Built - Visconti Tuned - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

Some serious numbers from a high-compression Boxer 4. There's a video of a silver one on the dyno... exhaust sounds quite fantastic.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...09&postcount=7

Perhaps I shouldn't mention that they already have headers

Nonetheless, I found it interesting. You Bell Turbo guys better be putting 300 to the rubber... that's all I got to say.

Last edited by JHM2K; 09-08-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Subarion/Scionbaru BRS/FRZ is now a contender

WOW! I want one. Damn, I can't afford the 26k price tag and 7k turbo to go with it. I hate being poor.

John - I should have an intercooler here next week. Does $450 sound reasonable? I bought it along with a backup supercharger. BTW, it should ship with AMG manifolds.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by grip grip
John - I should have an intercooler here next week. Does $450 sound reasonable? I bought it along with a backup supercharger. BTW, it should ship with AMG manifolds.
Yes and Yes. As long as it's not leaking, of course. $450 is no problem.

AMG manis?

Old 09-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Yes and Yes. As long as it's not leaking, of course. $450 is no problem.

AMG manis?
Hopefully I'm not a victim of theft. I should have tracking info tomorrow telling me that something (maybe bricks) is on its way from California. Since it shipped ground, it won't make it anytime soon, but might be here next week.

AMG manis, yes. They are the one's with "AMG" on them instead of "SRT6". I was under the impression that they'd look better on your beast than the stockers. I guess I was wrong again.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by grip grip
Hopefully I'm not a victim of theft. I should have tracking info tomorrow telling me that something (maybe bricks) is on its way from California. Since it shipped ground, it won't make it anytime soon, but might be here next week.

AMG manis, yes. They are the one's with "AMG" on them instead of "SRT6". I was under the impression that they'd look better on your beast than the stockers. I guess I was wrong again.
I'd most certainly agree with that impression, let's make it happen

Old 09-08-2012, 04:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Design is nice! But how reliable is a turbo setup in the long run? And I'll rather say I have a SRT6 than a Subaru at a dinner party. The first year or so it will be only 1/10 who has a turbo setup so I guess I will be trying to smoke subarus for breakfast.

BTW. Will put in a 200 shot nitrous and a rocketthruster soon so I can keep up with turbo cars.

Peugeot RCZ and this Subaru is on of the nicest design cars today, shame the performance stock is below par.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I intentionally muddled the names of the clone cars. Dyslexics are teople poo.

On a serious note, months after the release of the BRZ/FRS, they now have.....

a.....

TURBO KIT!

Accelerated Performance FRS/BRZ-300 Turbo Kit - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

And a big kahuna, corn-fed version to boot:

Worlds Fastest Turbo BRZ gets faster! Accelerated Performance Built - Visconti Tuned - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

Some serious numbers from a high-compression Boxer 4. There's a video of a silver one on the dyno... exhaust sounds quite fantastic.

Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB - View Single Post - Another Accelerated Performance Turbo BRZ - Visconti Tuned !

Nonetheless, I found it interesting. You Bell Turbo guys better be putting 300 to the rubber... that's all I got to say.
John We stopped to look at a 05 Aero Blue 37k mile Crossfire at a local Subaru dealer last Saturday. The Crossfire was a pretty nice automatic, good tires, they wanted $10,800 for it.
Went into the showroom to check out the BRZ, and was blown away. I always thought it looked pretty good in the photos, but in person, it is really a great looking car. I sat in it and didn't want to get out of it.
I didn't want to drive it, because I think that would have put me over the top.
I wouldn't trade the XF for it. But even if I traded in our Honda, and Miata, I still couldn't afford it.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:08 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Back when my 91 Miata was new, shortly afterwards the turbo by BEGI came out and the super charger too. I drooled over the prospect of leaving a 5.0 liter Mustang behind.. seems that was the performance selling point of that era. I don't recall the exact numbers from back then, but from those days I'm looking to see that 300 from this, or real close to it..

Old 09-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I just saw one for the first time in person, with time to fully check it out, last week. For the price its a fricken steal. I would automatically go with the BRZ just because Nav is standard along with HID's and such for like 1200 more. But the looks!!! I was the same as +fireamx, it looked good in pics, but in person its one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. I wanted to get one but wasnt THAT interested, now that they have a turbo kit for them..... wow.... in a couple of years one of these will be in my driveway.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motor Week did a show on both of them and raved about its handling and they can carry an extra set of wheels to the track!
Backseats fold down (back seats) !!!!!!
I was also impressed
How long before its up to WRX power

Old 09-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleyracefan
How long before its up to WRX power
Apparently -2 months. The OP on the thread was July. Page 4 says that it will be around 275 to the wheel which is way more than the WRX and still quite a bit more than the STI.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car, good handling, decent motor.. it is a bit of a turd with trap speed of about 94.x mph in the 1/4 mile. Subaru engines have quite a few issues on boost, had a buddy who worked at a Subaru dealership and it was blown head gasket central so I'd be worried boosting an NA motor. The insurance on these things will skyrocket as teenagers and RWD do not mix. Can you believe that insurance on my RSX-S (4cyl, 200hp) was higher than on my SRT? lol

Old 10-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xman03
Nice car, good handling, decent motor.. it is a bit of a turd with trap speed of about 94.x mph in the 1/4 mile. l
An NA 4 cyl. in the Subie that runs 94 mph at 14.9 sec. makes it a turd?

Then I guess that makes the NA V6 in the XF (that runs 14.8 sec at 96 mph) down right Elephant Dung.

Oh, you have an SRT6............Nevermind.