Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Convertible top

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 07:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convertible top

FREE CONVERTIBLE TOP.
I replaced my top due to the window glue failure. The old too is still very good and if someone would like to try to repair it you can have it for free. The top is black so it would go with any color car. I live in Delaware and you would need to pick it up. Thomasredden@gmail.com

Last edited by Thomasredden1; 10-03-2020 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Contact information
Old 10-04-2020, 02:14 PM
KJN
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Convertible top

Originally Posted by Thomasredden1
FREE CONVERTIBLE TOP.
I replaced my top due to the window glue failure. The old too is still very good and if someone would like to try to repair it you can have it for free. The top is black so it would go with any color car. I live in Delaware and you would need to pick it up. Thomasredden@gmail.com
Thomas,
I am in a similar situation. If my window fails again..then I will replace. What was your replacement top and if I may ask the cost? Did you install yourself? thanks , Kevin

Old 10-04-2020, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought it from a company in Wales named BAS. I told them I belonged to this group and they gave me a discount. The complete cost including the shipping was about $650.00. That's about half of any of the other places. They custom make the tops by order. It took about a month to get it. They have a website but I called them to make sure I the information was correct. If you call them check with your phone provider on the cost of the call. It cost me $30 to call them. You will need to check the time differance so you don't waste a call. The glass problem is a factory defect and was on the recall list. But for it to qualify for the recall you have to live in one of the States on the list. I live in Delaware and we are not on the list. The window from BAS has a lifetime warranty for the glass adhesion. The material is what she called mohair canvas which is the original material. I'm pleased with it. I did not install it myself. I shopped around and most people wanted $1,500 just to install it. I found a shop that did it for $500.

Old 10-05-2020, 07:48 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomasredden1
If you call them check with your phone provider on the cost of the call. It cost me $30 to call them. .
Why? I did the whole thing with email. In fact, email works very well, cause you have things in writing.

Besides, why call them? They are British, they can't speak proper American English.

Old 10-05-2020, 07:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thomas

Can I get the name of the shop from you. I have a similar situation. I bought a top from BAS and the window seal came apart.

I emailed BAS & sent photos and they immediately sent out a new top. No further question were ask by BAS. Great customer service.

Now I need someone to install.

I am in MD. by the airport.

A quality install for $500.00 is well worth the drive!

Around here the going rate is $1,000.00

Old 10-05-2020, 09:19 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Sorry to hear about your BAS top issue. I was hoping new top options would solve the rear window issues with these cars. I guess not. Good luck with your replacement. James

Originally Posted by green24u
Thomas

I bought a top from BAS and the window seal came apart.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:00 PM
Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by green24u
Thomas

Can I get the name of the shop from you. I have a similar situation. I bought a top from BAS and the window seal came apart.

I emailed BAS & sent photos and they immediately sent out a new top. No further question were ask by BAS. Great customer service.

Now I need someone to install.

I am in MD. by the airport.

A quality install for $500.00 is well worth the drive!

Around here the going rate is $1,000.00
green24u
I sent you a PM with information.....
Dennis
DTMenace