Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

Wilwood Big Brake Kit

Old 03-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wilwood Big Brake Kit

I just odnt even know what to say this whole big brake kit seemed like a great idea. i mean no one offers even close to as nice of a kit as this wilwood kit.

I just hope people think about it a little more. I mean up to 6 piston front calipers on 13.25" inch rotors.

It just adds up.

Justin

Old 03-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28toXFire
I just odnt even know what to say this whole big brake kit seemed like a great idea. i mean no one offers even close to as nice of a kit as this wilwood kit.

I just hope people think about it a little more. I mean up to 6 piston front calipers on 13.25" inch rotors.

It just adds up.

Justin
how do you plan on adjusting the brake bias? and will the TC ABS get thrown out of whack 12 pistons up front? you guys need to do more homework first.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Brake kit from Wilwood is fully compatible with the standard ABS system. and they are not the first ones to offer a 6 piston kit on a car. the brake system is more than capable of delivering the proper amount of pressure to the 6 smaller pistons.

And utilizing the 6 smaller pistons should actually mean more even presure to the brake rotor rather than 4 larger diameter pistons which would take more pressure work properly. which means it would be harder to slow down at the slower speeds. needs quicker response from the pressure in the lines and more heat to operate properly.

When it comes to these braking systems i try my best to learn as much as i can. and even though i am mainly reading this information and maybe not enough hands-on time.

It is common sence to me to understand how this brake system would be superior to the stock system, in function and in aesthetics.

Thank You,

Justin

Old 03-05-2008, 09:02 AM

since your interested in brakes, read the tech papers at Stop-Tec's site.
tech articles
http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/te...e_papers.shtml
brake bias http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...formance.shtml

After reading through the companies tech papers on the website, I decided it was pointless in upgrading my Limited's brakes to the C32 or SRT6, if I only plan on driving on the street 90% of the time.

Like they say in the article, if you want to stop faster mount up sticky race tires!

Originally Posted by Z28toXFire
The Brake kit from Wilwood is fully compatible with the standard ABS system. and they are not the first ones to offer a 6 piston kit on a car. the brake system is more than capable of delivering the proper amount of pressure to the 6 smaller pistons.

And utilizing the 6 smaller pistons should actually mean more even presure to the brake rotor rather than 4 larger diameter pistons which would take more pressure work properly. which means it would be harder to slow down at the slower speeds. needs quicker response from the pressure in the lines and more heat to operate properly.

When it comes to these braking systems i try my best to learn as much as i can. and even though i am mainly reading this information and maybe not enough hands-on time.

It is common sence to me to understand how this brake system would be superior to the stock system, in function and in aesthetics.

Thank You,

Justin

Old 03-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Forum Regular

take a base or limited to the dragon and try to keep up with the srt6's yo understand what brake fade is really fast! i have drilled and slotted brembos front and rear with posi quiets.... when we stopped all you smelled was brakes and clutch, they were screaming going through the last 100 turns! if i lived down there like bill i would be there every weekend so this would make alot of sense or if i tracked the car, hell id buy em if i wasnt selling the car just cause they are sick! oh tvt arent these going to be the aluma sport rotors as well... the 2 piece design that always way less than the stock rotors or the same even though they are bigger? i think they are standard on wilwoods kits.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:24 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Yes these are the bigger lighter aluma rotors.

I know there is a lot of skepticism and I may possibly be able to get a kit for the upcoming dragon meet for everyone to see.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sell me a front kit, I'll photo the install and give you numbers from the track to prove how they work.....