South Forum Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX.

Houston GTG - May 26th, 2012 @ 11:00 am

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Houston GTG - May 26th, 2012 @ 11:00 am

As it stands Carmen ,my wife is coming for the breakfast and cruise/lunch at 'The Thirsty Parrot". Just one car, 2006 Limited roadster/black.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT
I cant make it but my car is down there. Matt....get on Jerry to get a base tune done and go drive it. It should be a lot of fun.
I will do that.

...especially since mine is out of commission for now. Snapped one of the intake manifold bolts replacing the gaskets.

Best case, ez-out the bolt and threads are ok. Worst case, the steel bolt carved its own path and I have to have the hole drilled, re-welded, and re-tapped...aka fooked.

So I will be taking my buddy's base coupe to the GTG while he is out of the country. I may need to take yours for a spin if he has a base tune on it. I need more power!

Old 05-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
I will do that.

...especially since mine is out of commission for now. Snapped one of the intake manifold bolts replacing the gaskets.

Best case, ez-out the bolt and threads are ok. Worst case, the steel bolt carved its own path and I have to have the hole drilled, re-welded, and re-tapped...aka fooked.

So I will be taking my buddy's base coupe to the GTG while he is out of the country. I may need to take yours for a spin if he has a base tune on it. I need more power!
Drive it all you want man. Need to burn what 93 octane is left in there for a race gas tune anyhow.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT
Drive it all you want man. Need to burn what 93 octane is left in there for a race gas tune anyhow.
Challenge.Accepted.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:21 AM

See all you guys Sat morning at 9AM at Eurocharged new shop ,221Baker street off I-10 at Park10 area. Jerry is doing BREAKFAST for us. We then drive to Hempstead are to the "Thirsty Parrot" for lunch.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Forum Regular

Hey guys, Just sent an email over to Adam to see if they had a minute to raise the limiter on my ECU. If they can fix me up I will be making the trek in to Houston on Saturday.....if not, well ....no dice and you guys have fun.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:22 PM

Carmen will not be able to come on Sat. Her aunt died in Detroit, so she is taking her Mother to the funeral in Detroit. Her Mom is 81, please pray for an easy flight and the rest of the trip too.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:19 AM

Prayers for your wife and mother in law.

Alright folks, it is getting close. See everyone tomorrow!

...I will be out there but it isn't looking like the SRT will be up and running by then unless the stars and moon align and I really get after it tonight.

I will be out there in my buddy's base coupe, since he is out of the country.

Luckily, Bryan has given me the green light to drive his turbo for a bit as long as it's driveable. Woohoo!

See everyone tomorrow!

Old 05-25-2012, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by TommyT
Hey guys, Just sent an email over to Adam to see if they had a minute to raise the limiter on my ECU. If they can fix me up I will be making the trek in to Houston on Saturday.....if not, well ....no dice and you guys have fun.
Tommy, I am new to the forum and do not understand some of the available electronic mods. Do you have the type program that is "flashed" or the more expensive kind that you have to send the ECU away for? I want to do the second option so i will have control of the shift points etc. I have no mods but i am of the opinion that the electronic mods should come first so you can really evaluate the mechanical stuff. I do not want to sendd of the RCU multiple time. I would appreciate a reply. Thanks

Old 05-25-2012, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Semlinger
Tommy, I am new to the forum and do not understand some of the available electronic mods. Do you have the type program that is "flashed" or the more expensive kind that you have to send the ECU away for? I want to do the second option so i will have control of the shift points etc. I have no mods but i am of the opinion that the electronic mods should come first so you can really evaluate the mechanical stuff. I do not want to sendd of the RCU multiple time. I would appreciate a reply. Thanks
1) Probably not the best thread for this question as this is discussing a GTG we are having tomorrow. Unless you are near Houston and want to join, then by all means.

2) As far as pricing, remote tuning and sending your ECU to Eurocharged cost the same price (not including shipping). It is easy for Eurocharged to remotely tune your car, especially with no other modifications on the car. This is easy for them and will take 5-10 minutes depending on your internet connection.

3) If you tune your car now, then go back and do hardware modifications (i.e. intake, pulley, etc) you will need to be re-tuned to accomodate for those modifications. So the thought process of wanting electronic modifications first is fine if that is how you want to go, but you will definitely need them again once other modifications are put on the car.

...hope you are a Houston person and can join us this weekend.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Forum Regular

I got beat to it....hope that answered any Q's you had.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:24 PM

I'm not sure if tomorrow's going to work. I've been bowing to the porcelain god all day.
Unless a miricle happens tonite, I'll be stepping aside for this one.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:25 PM

1) Probably not the best thread for this question as this is discussing a GTG we are having tomorrow. Unless you are near Houston and want to join, then by all means.

2) As far as pricing, remote tuning and sending your ECU to Eurocharged cost the same price (not including shipping). It is easy for Eurocharged to remotely tune your car, especially with no other modifications on the car. This is easy for them and will take 5-10 minutes depending on your internet connection.

3) If you tune your car now, then go back and do hardware modifications (i.e. intake, pulley, etc) you will need to be re-tuned to accomodate for those modifications. So the thought process of wanting electronic modifications first is fine if that is how you want to go, but you will definitely need them again once other modifications are put on the car.

...hope you are a Houston person and can join us this weekend.
Jerry said the CAI gets the same tune.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Beep
I'm not sure if tomorrow's going to work. I've been bowing to the porcelain god all day.
Unless a miricle happens tonite, I'll be stepping aside for this one.

Time to man up!

If I will be there even without my car, you can make it.

The EC place is brand new, I'm sure there will be some porcelain gods there to bow to. Make.It.Happen.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Time to man up!

If I will be there even without my car, you can make it.

The EC place is brand new, I'm sure there will be some porcelain gods there to bow to. Make.It.Happen.
AND a beer an a nice 'Thirsty Parrot' burger will make you feel better .........
Plus I'm bringing the vert, so we were going to get one of every color SRT6 vert together in the same place, and yours is the black one ...................

Old 05-26-2012, 04:08 PM

We all had a great time talking cars at the GTG May26th at Eurocharged new shop. Thanks to Jerry for the donuts and kalotches( not sure on spelling), but they were real good.
We drove to "the Thirsty Parrot" had a great lunch and talked somemore. Please join us on the next GTG next month ( TBD).

Thanks everyone for coming!!!

Old 05-26-2012, 09:08 PM

Had fun tearing out from some of those stop signs out in the sticks. The cars running great!

Old 05-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Über jealous I had a grad party to go to and drove a Camry.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yup a good time had by all, met some new people, and hooked up with some old people ..........
Great day apart from me joining the 'opening' rear window club ........... oh well suppose it had to happen soon..........time to beat on Chrysler

Old 05-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for the Houston GTG this past weekend. I had a great time meeting everyone and talking cars. It was an awesome first GTG for me! The dyno experience was very cool and it was nice to see the numbers my car put down and to know everything was operating as it should.

The drive back to Louisiana was uneventful (translation = no tickets!). We made great time and were able to partner up with a Bentley Coupe and Challengers SRT8 at different intervals of the trip.

magredvet – the opening rear window was unfortunate. However, when my windows are down in the coupe it would be nice to open the back window for better circulation. So maybe you are on to something!...well, other than the rain water getting in, etc. Also, the paddle shifter looked awesome!

After seeing everyone’s Crossfire’s, I now want the following: Paddle shifters, 285 tires, slasher stripes, possibly remove rear cats and resonator(sounded good), chrome dressings under the hood, maybe a TCU tune and update the intake manifolds. Looks like these GTG’s will cost me more money!

Quick Reply: Houston GTG - May 26th, 2012 @ 11:00 am