Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Traction control isn't completly off

Old 12-27-2015, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction control isn't completly off

So have a questions for everyone, when I turn the traction control off, why won't the car launch freely from a dig? Are all Xfires like this? Incredibly annoying with it being a manual, kind of one of the main points of having a stick.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:32 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Traction control isn't completly off

I'm not sure what you mean by launching from "a dig", but:
I think it is the same system that was on the Dodge Charger R/T I had.
Two options
1 - full on Traction control/ABS/Stability Control
2 - Traction control off, BUT will re-activate if the car thinks it is losing control and/or just 1 wheel excessive spin.
On the SRT8 Chargers, you had a 3rd option which was
3 - Everything fully off, mainly for track use, and it would not turn on until switched or on restart.
The Charger guys would trick the car into thinking there was a fault in the system, so it would be fully de-activated, typically by removing the ground from the body roll sensor.
Personally I would just pull the fuse when actually at the track. But I haven't read into it that much.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4
I'm not sure what you mean by launching from "a dig", but:
I think it is the same system that was on the Dodge Charger R/T I had.
Two options
1 - full on Traction control/ABS/Stability Control
2 - Traction control off, BUT will re-activate if the car thinks it is losing control and/or just 1 wheel excessive spin.
On the SRT8 Chargers, you had a 3rd option which was
3 - Everything fully off, mainly for track use, and it would not turn on until switched or on restart.
The Charger guys would trick the car into thinking there was a fault in the system, so it would be fully de-activated, typically by removing the ground from the body roll sensor.
Personally I would just pull the fuse when actually at the track. But I haven't read into it that much.

From a dead stop. If the car is rolling a bit, I can double clutch it and it will spin freely. But when you are at a dead stop, for some reason the traction control will still try to work when it is off.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

First of all the TC system on the Crossfire is not the same system as used in any other Chrysler/Dodge product, it's a Mercedes interpretation of TC because as we know its a Mercedes underneath. Turning the TC off allows wheel spin, actually with the system engaged you can still get a small amount of wheel spin.
If the TC is off and the ESP senses the car getting out of shape (lateral movement or any real yaw angle) the system will re-engage the TC. The only way to get real burnout style wheel spin is to disconnect the F3 50 A fuse (or wire going to the fuse) in the small fuse box on the right side under the hood. Doing that will fully disable the TC and the ESP systems.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by ZX2 Nick
First of all the TC system on the Crossfire is not the same system as used in any other Chrysler/Dodge product, it's a Mercedes interpretation of TC because as we know its a Mercedes underneath. Turning the TC off allows wheel spin, actually with the system engaged you can still get a small amount of wheel spin.
If the TC is off and the ESP senses the car getting out of shape (lateral movement or any real yaw angle) the system will re-engage the TC. The only way to get real burnout style wheel spin is to disconnect the F3 50 A fuse (or wire going to the fuse) in the small fuse box on the right side under the hood. Doing that will fully disable the TC and the ESP systems.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I will definitely be doing that.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:29 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Correction: you can spin the rears freely so long as you keep it under 4800(?) RPM.

W/ tc OFF, of course.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Correction: you can spin the rears freely so long as you keep it under 4800(?) RPM.

W/ tc OFF, of course.
As soon as I dump the clutch it flips the TC right back on.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:02 PM

W/ tc OFF, of course.
I don't believe that is factual in any way, so it would be conjecture not a correction.
Any proof? Why 4800? Why not 5000, that's a nice round number?
Do you have to have the radio on preset #3 or turn the wipers on and off before you do it? or? or? or? . . .

Old 01-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't believe that is factual in any way, so it would be conjecture not a correction.
Any proof? Why 4800? Why not 5000, that's a nice round number?
Do you have to have the radio on preset #3 or turn the wipers on and off before you do it? or? or? or? . . .
Well, it seems to work that way in my 5AT.

Oh, I just noticed who you are.

'bye.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:27 PM

Well, it seems to work that way in my 5AT.

Oh, I just noticed who you are.

'bye.

You're free to believe any anything you wish, many people do so about many things not just traction control on Chrysler Crossfires. Believing something doesn't make it true.
If you got the car out of shape sideways (TC off) at say 3600 rpm I "seem" to think the TC will re-engage itself.
I am basing that belief on the experience of my stock Crossfire doing that.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Forum Regular

OK lets not go there.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:36 PM

what about the abs snapping the car straight again? Wheel spin is cool... but how would you stop the car from stopping you from drifting around a little bit?

Old 07-02-2018, 05:28 PM

As I said "If the TC is off and the ESP senses the car getting out of shape (lateral movement or any real yaw angle) the system will re-engage the TC." What you sense as an ABS interaction is in fact the ESP (stability control) doing just that, stopping the car from drifting.

And as I said "the only way to get real burnout style wheel spin is to disconnect the F3 50 A fuse (or wire going to the fuse) in the small fuse box on the right side under the hood. Doing that will fully disable the TC and the ESP systems." It will also disable the brake-lights. Beware.

Originally Posted by Jumpman360
what about the abs snapping the car straight again? Wheel spin is cool... but how would you stop the car from stopping you from drifting around a little bit?