Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

SKREEM replaced RCM rebuilt still won't start

Old 03-03-2019, 11:28 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts
Default Re: SKREEM replaced RCM rebuilt still won't start

Originally Posted by onehundred80

Where do we find out what the solution was?
Originally Posted by thegreatjustino
You are replying to a two year old thread that has long been resolved.
Yeah - Some of us are interested in learning what was the permanent solution. Was it as simple as a dislodged chip in the key fob?

Last edited by dedwards0323; 03-03-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by sosxfire
We actually have 2 for testing modules on. It makes it much easier to prove functionality. The price included testing, parts, programming, and verification.
Originally Posted by Hindin
sosxfire, how do you test a Skreem module if it is vin specific to another vehicle in one of your two Crossfires? I'm confused.
I don't think I ever read a reply on how sosxfire gets a Skreem to test when it is coded specifically to a unique Crossfire. Maybe this is their IP (Intellectual Property)? If so, I probably would protect that also.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:35 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Yeah - Some of us are interested in learning what the permanent solution.
I get a bit ticked off when someone gets the solution, does not say what it was and then tells you it is an old thread. If they had reported back two years ago the question would not need to be asked.
I must remember this if he asks another question.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:41 AM

I don't think I ever read a reply on how sosxfire gets a Skreem to test when it is coded specifically to a unique Crossfire. Maybe this is their IP (Intellectual Property)? If so, I probably would protect that also.
On the other hand it could just be BS. Maybe they should explain fully?

Old 03-03-2019, 12:09 PM

I get a bit ticked off when someone gets the solution, does not say what it was and then tells you it is an old thread. If they had reported back two years ago the question would not need to be asked.
Now, be nice!

Old 03-03-2019, 12:39 PM

Now, be nice!
We have people who research a problem spending much more time than the person who just asks a question and then they get no feedback. This is a site for solutions not just questions.

Old 03-03-2019, 02:15 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Exactly.

On the other hand it could just be BS. Maybe they should explain fully?
Sounds like BS to me, the statements made go against what we already KNOW to be true and the original poster said that the items came back from them not working.

We have people who research a problem spending much more time than the person who just asks a question and then they get no feedback. This is a site for solutions not just questions.
Again, well stated (emphasis mine).

Old 04-20-2019, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PIZZAGUY.....This thread is just what I'm dealing with. I"m hoping to come up with a solution, so far nothing. My wire from the Halo was broken and I separated both the Braided and the wire inside and soldered them both separate. The Halo only fits on the switch correctly, one way. I sure wish I could learn what that guy did to fix his. Just got my RCM back from D.J.Tighe yesterday and it wasn't my problem.

Old 04-21-2019, 03:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hindin
sosxfire, how do you test a Skreem module if it is vin specific to another vehicle in one of your two Crossfires? I'm confused.
We only need the ECM, SKREEM and a matching key to test run the SKREEM in another car. It does not matter the VIN they are programmed for if you are only testing functionality.

Old 04-24-2019, 02:11 PM

I had the typical briefly start then die three times in a row then not start at all until I disconnected the battery and reconnected. That was the SKREEM module under the dash going bad and needing a new one programmed to my CPU and keys. I sent everything I needed to to SOS Diagnostics in Oregon. They programmed a new module to my CPU and keys for $400. Upon receiving everything back from them, the car wouldn't start at all which is what my thread was about. I spent quite some time finding a place that was willing to not only work on a Crossfire but also had experience with them. I finally found a dealership that still had a technician on staff who had gone through factory training when they were new. He reprogrammed my CPU and that fixed the problem. The dealership charged me one hour of labor for this. $400 to SOS, $200 to the dealership, $600 total the get everything fixed. This was with me taking the entire dash apart in order to get to the SKREEM module then putting it all back together once everything was working again.

Old 04-24-2019, 02:25 PM

I had the typical briefly start then die three times in a row then not start at all until I disconnected the battery and reconnected. That was the SKREEM module under the dash going bad and needing a new one programmed to my CPU and keys. I sent everything I needed to to SOS Diagnostics in Oregon. They programmed a new module to my CPU and keys for $400. Upon receiving everything back from them, the car wouldn't start at all which is what my thread was about. I spent quite some time finding a place that was willing to not only work on a Crossfire but also had experience with them. I finally found a dealership that still had a technician on staff who had gone through factory training when they were new. He reprogrammed my CPU and that fixed the problem. The dealership charged me one hour of labor for this. $400 to SOS, $200 to the dealership, $600 total the get everything fixed. This was with me taking the entire dash apart in order to get to the SKREEM module then putting it all back together once everything was working again.
Unfortunately, we still do not know what the dealer actually did. There was no programming to do and there was nothing they could do as there are no programming options on the DRBIII tool for the ECM that will make an ECM match the immobilizer system (unless it is a brand new ECM). Everything was programmed and proved to run in our 2005 Crossfire. If it runs in one car, it will run in any car as long as that car has no other issues. It wouldn't be the first time that a blown fuse was found or something similar but it was billed as "programming". I wish we could talk to the tech that worked on it.

Old 04-24-2019, 06:36 PM

You say a new module, do you mean new one or a good used one.
Also, did the whole car go to the dealer or just the ‘CPU’ ?

Old 04-24-2019, 06:52 PM

As far as I know SOS programmed a new module. The entire car was towed to the dealer.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:30 PM

Can someone refresh this. Can you still get a SKREEM? either SOS or Needswings?

Old 05-09-2019, 03:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a SKREEM from needswings, took 11 days to get it. $776

Old 05-09-2019, 03:46 PM
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

a handfull of new SKREEM's came in today from FCA, so they are still alive

Old 05-09-2019, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by YFD_322
Can someone refresh this. Can you still get a SKREEM? either SOS or Needswings?
Yes, we ordered one for our test car just to see if we could get one and it took about a week. We haven't needed to replace one for a while though. Most have just been corrupted memory.

Glad they are still making them though because they do die.

Old 05-10-2019, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by sosxfire
Yes, we ordered one for our test car just to see if we could get one and it took about a week. We haven't needed to replace one for a while though. Most have just been corrupted memory.

Glad they are still making them though because they do die.
I need to know if I could send off my SKEEM, Halo, ECM to someone to check them out?

Old 05-12-2019, 08:30 AM

I’m in the process of purchasing an SRT that doesn’t run and had the classic SKREEM issue. So I’m gonna need the same help.